PDA

View Full Version : New owner

onepeg14
12-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Hi All

Yep, got myself one and really happy with the purchase decision. Picking it up Monday- its a 118tsi Comfortline. Current mod...is tinted windows. Its the platinum grey colour too which I think looks tight.

I'm looking at upgrading the wheels to 18inch and either looking at the factory Motorsports or OZ racing superturismo - probably looking at these more than the factory ones (I got a random quote of $990 per wheel for the factory ones - cant be right?

If any one is interested in my 16" Navara wheels of the comfortline pm - happy to let them go for a steal- in Melb.

Cheers -Tom

anthony
12-05-2012, 09:14 PM
What car are you updating from,and what cars,if any,did you consider in adition to the Jetta ???

onepeg14
13-05-2012, 07:51 AM
What car are you updating from,and what cars,if any,did you consider in adition to the Jetta ???

Updating from a BA Ford, i was also considering the following cars:
Golf GTI MK6 - crunched the numbers and thought instead of spending $35+ on a second hand one with something with 20-55kms on the clock the value wasnt there. I'm sure GTI owners will argue that one :), but it just stretched my budget a little too much

Skoda Octavia RS - also a little worried about resale and the numbers didnt stack up either on a demo one for $35-37k

Also considered - Subaru lib (new one looks rubbish)

So my decision was made on value, resale (picked up my Jetta for sub-$28k with 11,000kms on the clock) and drive.

anthony
13-05-2012, 10:48 AM
I think you made the correct choice...

dodobird
14-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Hey! how much are you willing to let go of your rims for? and which design is the navara one? maybe u could post up a picture or link from a website or something. As i bought the trendline model, i'm using those lousy rims. So id be interested in buying your originals off you. Only problem is that i stay in WA.

Let me know

anthony
14-05-2012, 06:52 PM
The Navara alloys are the ones which come standard in the 1.4 TSI and 2.0 TDI Comfortline models.

Will be an upgrade from the base models hubcaps...

onepeg14
14-05-2012, 07:13 PM
Hey! how much are you willing to let go of your rims for? and which design is the navara one? maybe u could post up a picture or link from a website or something. As i bought the trendline model, i'm using those lousy rims. So id be interested in buying your originals off you. Only problem is that i stay in WA.

Let me know

here is a link to the wheels on the car :)
Jetta < Models < Volkswagen Australia (http://www.volkswagen.com.au/en/models/jetta.html)

Not sure about price - pretty open to offers, I have just purchased some new ones 18inch Oz Racing Supertrismo, just awaiting delivery.

CHeers

onepeg14
17-05-2012, 08:29 PM
Put my second hand Oz racing supertruismos 18" wheels on today.....looks sweet. Need to give it a wash and take some pics to put up. WIll do tomorrow.

Does anyone know how much a boot lip costs from dealer or elsewhere?

Cheers

dodobird
17-06-2012, 04:19 AM
Are your original rims still up for grabs? What kind of price are you comfortable with. I'm looking for as low as possible. A tad tight on my budget at the moment.

onepeg14
17-06-2012, 03:05 PM
Are your original rims still up for grabs? What kind of price are you comfortable with. I'm looking for as low as possible. A tad tight on my budget at the moment.

Yeah they are still up for grabs - PM me an offer. Im in Melbourne (doncaster).

cheers