PDA

View Full Version : 1999 Passat Probs.....

DOUBLECAB
26-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Help needed............

My daughters partners parents have a 1999 vr6 passat with the following probs............

1. When it rains the car floor fills up with water........not just a bit but bucket loads.

2. If parked on a incline with the nose facing up (only 5 degrees) the engine floods.

3. Sunroof won't open and Dealer claims there is nothing that will fix it....something about 'a piece of plastic' that is causing the prob.

Over to you Guys.........................:-(

BL33SU
26-07-2007, 09:06 PM
not sure about your problems, but u better hope your passenger side floors dont fill up with water..

when you pull up the carpet, your comfort control module is under neith and all wiring.. your windows/sunroof/boot/lights wont work

people overseas have that problem

AGO41T
29-07-2007, 12:24 PM
I hate hearing people having problems with their passats, I feel for you.

I have a 98 and i was finding that I was getting water stains near the front windscreen after it rained so I replaced all the seals around the windscreen and problem was fixed. If you have a sunroof get that seal replaced as well.

Hope this helps.:?

Baja Wes
30-07-2007, 09:01 AM
We haven't had any rain in Brisbane to see if mine leaks or not. I guess I will find out when I take it to car lovers for a wash.

I've just bought the Bentley manual for a bit over AU$100 delivered from Amazon. Hopefully it will help diagnose these sorts of problems.

Have you tried searching http://www.passatworld.com/forums/index.php

I find you need to use the "google" search tool of the forums at the bottom of the page, as it gets way more results than the actual forum search tool.