PDA

View Full Version : could this be right ?

psyone
07-05-2012, 10:05 PM
is this the right price or is this guy just trying to get rid of me? i contacted vw stealer about a front colour coded bumper bar that was an option on caddy, got quoted $1817.35 . so is this guy for real or is he just pullin ma leg? at first he told me that there was no colour coded bumper for caddy, so i had to send him a photo of a caddy with one. kinda sounds to me that this guy has no idea.

vwpolo
08-05-2012, 11:30 PM
it seems the caddy isnt know for its part as fare as penrith motor group vw my caddy was never made ???? and im still waiting some months later for part numbers for the parts needed..so he could be trying to get rid of you so he doesnt have to try to hard to find your part ... what price would it cost you to get it painted

Umai Naa!!
09-05-2012, 09:57 AM
is this the right price or is this guy just trying to get rid of me? i contacted vw stealer about a front colour coded bumper bar that was an option on caddy, got quoted $1817.35 . so is this guy for real or is he just pullin ma leg? at first he told me that there was no colour coded bumper for caddy, so i had to send him a photo of a caddy with one. kinda sounds to me that this guy has no idea.

He probably means that you can't buy one already painted, and has factored paint and prep into the price.

There are very few body parts you can buy that are colour-specific.

It may be safe to assume however, that you can order the bumper textured (as per standard), or smooth for the purposes of painting.

psyone
09-05-2012, 04:14 PM
the 2 bumpers are totally different. the standard one is textured and the one that was a factory option is smooth but they dont look alike. i still recon the guy couldnt be assed to look up all the part numbers and just made up the number to get me off his back