PDA

View Full Version : Need Tips for Mods please...

dodobird
06-05-2012, 04:55 PM
Hey! Can anyone recommend any Reputable and good Tuning workshop in WA. I've already looked at RampAutoGroup which does Superchip tuning, but i dont think its as good as the APR stage 1 tune. Any others to recommend?

And What other Possible mods are there for the new Jetta 118?

frozze
06-05-2012, 10:47 PM
How about Viezu? I'm considering that for my 147TSI but need to save up first!

Other than that, I retrofitted the stock steering wheel with a MFSW with paddle shifters.. Couldn't been any happier with the mod!

I also replaced the stock headlight bulbs with some Philips 4300k and chucked in some LED for the DRL.

ziggyboy
07-05-2012, 04:34 PM
I've been tempted to get APR stage 1 as well. Been reading that it turns the 118TSI's into GTI's, though I've been put off by the possibility of voiding my warranty if something goes wrong. Mind you that the 118 1.4 engines aren't the most reliable ones out there :/

dodobird
08-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Currently here in WA I'm looking at a superchip dealer at rampautogroup... But im not sure if his tuning figures will be as impressive as the APR one. But he's charging me only $700 for the tune without voiding the cars warranty.

As for DRLs. Apparently i havent found anyone who can change the bulbs to white lights or change them to LEDs. The DRLs compartment is extremely hard to reach into. I'm really sick of the yellow lights it emits.Its just horrible. Any suggestions from anyone?

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Currently here in WA I'm looking at a superchip dealer at rampautogroup... But im not sure if his tuning figures will be as impressive as the APR one. But he's charging me only $700 for the tune without voiding the cars warranty.

As for DRLs. Apparently i havent found anyone who can change the bulbs to white lights or change them to LEDs. The DRLs compartment is extremely hard to reach into. I'm really sick of the yellow lights it emits.Its just horrible. Any suggestions from anyone?