PDA

View Full Version : Superb seat memory questions

Pecky
20-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Hi Everyone,
Been lurking for some time, posts here helped me decide to purchase and I finally bought a TDI 4x4 Elegance wagon in cappucino beige just before Easter, stock standard apart from towpack. I have a question about the operation of the seat memory, I thought I might get some wisdom here before questioning the dealer in case it's a PEBKAC type problem (Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair:facepalm:).

I've set the seat memory by pressing "set" then "1" once happy with my position. Once it's been shifted by another driver briefly pressing 1 sometimes works but often adjusts everything but the "back/forth slide" position. Like wise I've tried to associate with a key by adjusting, "set" "1" then ignition off and "unlock" on the key (No KESSY).

Sometimes the seat moves to position when I unlock, sometimes not.

Anybody else had any issues?

Cheers Pecky

Yao
20-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Had a similar problem when I picked up my Superb Elegance in late March. Sometimes it moved, others not. And most times the movement was not really to any pre-set position.

Had to take it back to the dealer who advised that there was a recall as there was a problem with the software so they had to upload new software (which begs the question, why didn't they just do it before delivering the car):confused:. Works beautifully now.

sstorra
21-04-2012, 08:24 AM
Exactly right, the service bulletin code for the recall is 70E8. We had the same problem on our Elegance Wagon, and since the update it's worked perfectly.

Pecky
26-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the good info. Booked car in at Richmond Skoda for the fix Monday Week.

Pecky
15-05-2012, 02:48 PM
Update: service bulletin code 70E8 fixed the issue.