PDA

View Full Version : mk1 parts gold mine (bargain of the year)

mollins
20-03-2006, 08:41 AM
Happy days in my garage! :)

I just bought a garage full of golf bits for a steal from a guy that lives up the street from me who turns out used to race golfs!

whole package included:

3 1600's complete
1.9 block with a crazy racing head (port and polished with big cam and huge valves!)
full stainless exhaust + extractors
2 twin dellorto sidedrafts
4 14' golf rims widened to 7 inches with racing slicks!
Bilstein front struts
set of progressive rate lowering springs (brand unknown)
crate full of water pumps, alternators etc
crate full of clutches brakes inc. a set of camira rear brakes + leone calipers
2 full sets of camira rims (ugliest rims ever made, but very light!)
2 dashes + full glass for 2 door
3 radiators inc. new brass one
plus millions of other bits and pieces

and i paid: just over a grand and a half! :D :D :D

so i think its now my responsability to build myself a hillclimber!

he also has 2 rusty 2 door shells which will be goin to scrap this week unless some one wants to take them away to a better place

i think i better shut up now, before you all hate me more! :P

mike

WABIT
20-03-2006, 09:31 AM
can i have the slicks??? pwetty pweaseee!!!

wabit

imported_brackie
21-03-2006, 05:30 AM
Boy. did you get lucky! Best part about it (and I'm sure the seller thought of this) is that the parts are going from one enthusiast to another. If you like, you're carrying on from where he left off.

Golf Loon
21-03-2006, 07:39 PM
Was the guys name Bill?

mollins
21-03-2006, 10:03 PM
nah.. a guy named pierce had it all ... he used to race a rally datsun 1200 .. then got into golfs but ran out of steam and money, and had to get a real job...

however there was a dude at the euro car day that was selling a decked out racing mk1 gti copy with full haltec management etc. that he used to race back in the day, whose name i think was bill, but i forget!

Golf Loon
24-03-2006, 07:49 AM
Newcastle must be a haven for these old Golfers. That makes at least 3 that I know of.

c-issler
06-05-2006, 11:33 PM
Yuo never know if you never ask. I'm in Geelong Vic and would drive up for the right price. I'm also in need of a new front suspension set including brakes. If any of these items are for sale I'm seriously interested.
Mine? 1976 Mk1 LS five door, very straight. Minimal rust. Slowly going through half-assed, cheap-ass non-traditional rebuild. Please PM me.
Thanks.

imported_brackie
07-05-2006, 06:12 AM
I'm in Geelong Vic

Great to have you on board, Mate. So welcome! Please put your location into you profile. Makes things easier for us.

I'm also in need of a new front suspension set including brakes. If any of these items are for sale I'm seriously interested.[/quote]

Put an ad in the "Parts Wanted" forum and I reckon you'll get what you need.

worm
07-05-2006, 12:42 PM
Wow.. what a find!

I hope your using all the good bits, selling them would be such a waste... unless of course you sell them to me :P

Yuo never know if you never ask. I'm in Geelong Vic and would drive up for the right price. I'm also in need of a new front suspension set including brakes. If any of these items are for sale I'm seriously interested.
Mine? 1976 Mk1 LS five door, very straight. Minimal rust. Slowly going through half-assed, cheap-ass non-traditional rebuild. Please PM me.
Thanks.

Hey mate, welcome. My parents have a house in G town, Highton. My golfs also a 76 LS 5 door. Bright red, cant miss it, im up there quite a bit, so look out for me! Your rebuild sounds similar to mine :wink: