PDA

View Full Version : Brake Upgrade?

preeman
11-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Hi All,
I have noticed that the Roc doesn't seem to stop as fast or hard as my last car. Is there any quick wins to be had in the brake department?

My old car was a Mazda 323 with an Alcon 4 Piston, 4 Spot callipers that were running on 343*28*55 rotors

ozr
11-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Huge rotors on this car and I thought it stopped well for a "slider" type of caliper
I watch with interest

Lucas_R
11-04-2012, 10:20 PM
Hi All,
I have noticed that the Roc doesn't seem to stop as fast or hard as my last car. Is there any quick wins to be had in the brake department?

My old car was a Mazda 323 with an Alcon 4 Piston, 4 Spot callipers that were running on 343*28*55 rotors

Well your Mazda was about 300kg lighter with far superior aftermarket brakes......so of course a stock Scirocco isn't going to stop as well.

Upgrade the brakes in a similar fashion on the Scirocco and you will get a similar result to your old Mazda.

Otherwise, pads, fluid and braided brake lines will give you a decent improvement over the stock setup.

preeman
12-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Upgrade the brakes in a similar fashion on the Scirocco and you will get a similar result to your old Mazda.

Otherwise, pads, fluid and braided brake lines will give you a decent improvement over the stock setup.

Since the car uses brakes for stability etc, will it matter if they grip more or are of a different size? Will it throw out some calculations?

Andych
12-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Since the car uses brakes for stability etc, will it matter if they grip more or are of a different size? Will it throw out some calculations?

It doesnt seem to effect 10D's Scirocco... the brakes on that are massive...
10d's Roc (http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread.php?5698-10d-s-Roc)