been toying with the idea since I saw the spoiler and last night I committed
Love the look
I ordered f/glass so it will be colour coded to car

Andych
11-04-2012, 01:20 PM
been toying with the idea since I saw the spoiler and last night I committed
Love the look
I ordered f/glass so it will be colour coded to car

I hope you have someone good lined up to fit it... they need to be "adjusted" and glued on... so it becomes a permanent item.

Out of interest... how much was it?

ozr
11-04-2012, 09:01 PM
I have someone in mind and read the webpost DIY so cross ya fingers.
Right on 200 Ozzy landed for the Fibreglass one but CF takes your fancy around 400 landed
I hope you have someone good lined up to fit it... they need to be "adjusted" and glued on... so it becomes a permanent item.

ozr
12-04-2012, 10:58 PM
Not quite Andy...double sided tape

Andych
13-04-2012, 07:06 AM
Better you than me I think. Normally a rear spoiler would be either bolted (OEM) or glued, I am not sure I would trust DS tape to hold it without knowing how much work it really does..
There is the concern of it losing it and blowing $200 + but I would be more concerned about damaging another car or person if it comes off at speed...
I am not too fussed on the Cup spoiler so I won't be going down that track.

Bain
13-04-2012, 08:45 AM
Lol...no way I'd double side tape a spoiler onto my car. Especially one that big!

Rev 555
13-04-2012, 09:04 AM
Mate the Spoiler is not light and is bigger than you think. It covers a large surface area and requires careful alignment so that so that it not only matches the gloss panels on each side of the rear windows (which require a bit of modification) or alternatively a light mod to the spoiler itself so it sits flush. The area it sits on is also not flush - see below. You also have to align it to the rear of the roof line so it doesnt catch when the boot is open whilst not leaving too much gap. I dont think tape is going to cut it. The instructions specify a glue/stikaflex bond.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/03/6838287910_4dcce8a110_b-1.jpg

ozr
13-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Gents
slow down and take a breath...there are 4 mounting nuts that go with it.
I thought Andy was referring to the attachent other than the 4 nuts.
Geez I wouldnt "glue""tape" a wing on and nod my head and say "kalazoomie"you are attached.
LOL
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=10504&sid=5aa89b9f2cefdf7f68f026abbaa4bd07
for your light reading boyz......RELAX
None of us know each other but I do have substantial history in building and restoring cars ...like around 33 years
I started an apprenticeship in 1979 back in Bagdad when alot of you were in dads bag...LOL
Peter
Better you than me I think. Normally a rear spoiler would be either bolted (OEM) or glued, I am not sure I would trust DS tape to hold it without knowing how much work it really does..
There is the concern of it losing it and blowing $200 + but I would be more concerned about damaging another car or person if it comes off at speed...
I am not too fussed on the Cup spoiler so I won't be going down that track.

Rev 555
13-04-2012, 11:16 PM
Lol all good just sharing our concerns.;)

ozr
19-04-2012, 09:51 AM
I received the spoiler yesterday and i must say that the finish is top notch...no pits or grainy lines in the finish as I have seen with cheap "****". It is heavy which means it is not cheap and hollow.
I cant talk about fitment obviously but measured it all up and it is square and lumps are where they should be etc...
I will endeavour to get the spray done and proceed with pics once I do the R&R.

7 days total post which really impressed me...i thought it would be a month or so.