PDA

View Full Version : The official I have ordered/received my new Scirocco thread

Pages : [1] 2

Captain Bungers
31-01-2012, 05:08 PM
Hello there

Thought I might throw this one into our Tig forum (with pride...)

Dad got himself a new toy on the weekend (see below), so I thought I might throw in a few comments in comparison with my APR Stage I Tig. As well as to have a bit of a gloat of course.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-bNkPrQZg72Q/TyeOj52GUDI/AAAAAAAAAN4/dlzYkjcyWxQ/s640/IMG_20120131_165713.jpg

Presenting the Scirocco R with DSG.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-noukzyH0fL4/TyeOkqmPN-I/AAAAAAAAAOA/IBRnGRWT8UE/s640/IMG_20120131_165652.jpg

...and the backside of the Scirocco R.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-minrerQpMCs/TyeQzxvKcPI/AAAAAAAAAOQ/0636tvykGc4/s640/IMG_20120131_165705.jpg

...and the front quarter of the Scirocco R.

First of all, my apologies about the image quality (my Xperia Play isn't really made for brilliant photography). Second, no photo will ever do one of the beautiful things justice - standing next to it felt awesome.

Finally, it goes like the clappers. I know that my Tig and the Scirocco R are reasonably similar on paper (with weight, height and 2WD vs 4Mo and DSG vs 6 speed manual the obvious exceptions) but this thing felt way faster. I planted my foot in sport mode and yelled 'faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrr rrrk!' (forgetting that I had both kids in the back)

Because it is front wheel drive and I was coming out of a corner I noticed some wheel slippage on the leading wheel. After my eyes returned their vision and I regained consciousness I threw it through a few corners (mindful that my kids were in the back, laughing like hyenas) and gave it a bit of a run on a straight.

Typically it is a beautiful VW with everything just right. I felt immediately comfortable and competent behind the wheel.

Anyway, I'm still in love with my Tig - just had a litlle bit of a flirt...

team_v
31-01-2012, 05:32 PM
Glad you enjoyed it, they are certainly very chuckable.
Stage 1 on these things would be a handful.

I have noticed the extra height in the Tig when i go to Lakeside compared to the golfs.
Weight does a lot for acceleration too which is why lotus do what they do so well even with a small engine output.

mutare 23
31-01-2012, 07:06 PM
Bungers

Would be interested to know any further observations you have with subsequent drives. Enjoyed your post.

Cheers

philsan
31-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Congratulations Jeremy on your new pride and joy.
I love that blue,absolutely smart as.Hope the new one gives you many happy hours of driving.
Phil

Pullstarter
31-01-2012, 09:27 PM
Jeremy, I HATE YOU! No, really I do! :P Best be bringing that bad boy with you when we meet up for eyelid action........ooh er that sounds a bit off.

Captain Bungers
31-01-2012, 09:49 PM
LOL, I think I posted this a bit wrong originally... this is my dad's new toy, not mine. Unfortunately.

Although I am happy to drive it around town anytime. Which will be tomorrow when I shout him lunch or some other thinly veiled excuse for me to take it for another spin.

MGV
31-01-2012, 09:56 PM
When you say 'Dad', are you speaking of yourself as the third person or whatever it is, or is it your actual patriarch figure from whom you errr... sprouted? :D
Looks great! Haven't spotted one in reality world as yet...
Yes, more write-ups! Must pop over to the Scirocco section & see what's happening!

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Ahhh, that clears it up!

Pullstarter
01-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Okay then, I don't hate you quite as much :D

Transporter
01-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Congratulation to your dad, Bungers.
I left permanent redirect on this thread, so it is in Scirocco section as well. :)

Captain Bungers
02-02-2012, 06:05 AM
Thanks! It truly is a great car :)

robbierednapped
04-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Sorry, but i just want to b*Tch about it so make myself feel better.
Put down deposit on a Black R with Sat Navat @ Barloworld Five Dock. The Saleman told me (not to mention names) that the car will be here May or early June the latest. As i specifically asked him to tell me the truth about the ETA, if its going to be later i want know now, so i can plan around it or get something esle. But no, June the latest. So done.

Start of last month, he advised that everything was on schedule. So started sorting out for some parts, but after calling me today he advised the car wont be here till end of Augest :mad: I feel so flattened, was seriously thinking cancel the order, and just purchase one off the showroom from another dealer as i saw a few on carsales which match my requirements.

My question is, can the dealer do that? tell u a false ETA, make u committ to a purchase and worry about it after. The deposit is refundable providing the car is over 4 weeks late if u decide to cancel. So i guess they ETA of end of AUG is way more then four weeks, so i shouldnt have any problems of getting a refund now if i decided to cancel the order?

Just really pi$$ed off about all this.:mad::facepalm:

team_v
04-04-2012, 03:05 PM
When you signed the contract was there a specific date of delivery specified?
Also, did you get the "advice" from the dealership about a May/June delivery in writing?

If not then you basically can't do anything but wait or break the contract and lose your deposit.

Just out of curiosity, when did you order the car?

robbierednapped
04-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Feb 2012,

On the contract, it states that refund of deposit is only allowed when the car is delay by 4 weeks or more, So i guess since they give me an ETA that is greater then 4 weeks of the inital agreed date, i should be able to cancel my order now and still get a refund. Will speak to Barloword again.

team_v
04-04-2012, 03:25 PM
Feb 2012,

On the contract, it states that refund of deposit is only allowed when the car is delay by 4 weeks or more, So i guess since they give me an ETA that is greater then 4 weeks of the inital agreed date, i should be able to cancel my order now and still get a refund. Will speak to Barloword again.

Unless there is a specific date of delivery on the contract or in writing somewhere (not just word of mouth which is not able to be proven) then you are unlikely to be able to break the contract based on a late delivery.

I believe this happend to one or two Golf R owners who were told earlier delivery dates that got delayed by a couple of months.

Bain
04-04-2012, 04:26 PM
Thats a bummer to hear your car is delayed.

Just to rub some salt into your open wound. Im enjoying every minute of my Scirocco R..

lol

robbierednapped
04-04-2012, 04:29 PM
:cry: :facepalm::cry:

Thats a bummer to hear your car is delayed.

Just to rub some salt into your open wound. Im enjoying every minute of my Scirocco R..

lol

Mac135
04-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Similar thing happened to me...

Ordered Jan 13 with a late june arrival into Melbourne so assume a mid July delivery. That was OK and i did the deal.

About three weeks ago got told the car was delayed until late August - so a mid September delivery. Not that happy with this prospect.

The reality as i understand it is there is only so production capacity and VWA get to queue for that with the rest of the world. Added is the fact that the R is a batched product. R's are not built everyday or even every week.

My dealer basically said that they missed a batch. They could be VWA , that dealer or my particular car. Anyway missed batch = 2 month delay.

What to do?

I asked the dealer to see what else they could find either in production, on the water or here. Was prepared to consider colour but not spec change. Initially the dealer came back with an offer on a CW. Said no, probably would have said yes to a RB if available.

Pushed back on the dealer try harder, try again. Two days later success. My exact car happened to be on the water heading to Brisbane for arrival late this month. A dealer swap was agreed my car (currently in the Atlantic heading for Savannah, Georgia) stays on Board now until it gets to Melbourne and the other car, unsold at this stage by my dealer comes off in Brisbane.

I might just have been lucky with this as I should see my car by mid May. This wouldn't of happened if the sales guy didn't put in the effort for me when asked.

Ask your dealership to work a bit harder for you it might just pay off.

Phrix
04-04-2012, 07:15 PM
I guess i have been lucky and had the reverse of what you are going through. When we put down our deposit they gave us a rough schedule of July/August/Sept. We have since had 2 updates and one was it would be July and i think it was something like the 13th.

We just got a message from the dealer about 3 days ago saying that it is now the 25th June.

quozl
04-04-2012, 09:25 PM
There is a black one available in Queensland from Kedron VW, not sure on the spec but couldn't hurt to give them a call or get your dealer to call them.

Cheers Al

robbierednapped
04-04-2012, 09:47 PM
I will try your method.... thank you.

Similar thing happened to me...

Ordered Jan 13 with a late june arrival into Melbourne so assume a mid July delivery. That was OK and i did the deal.

About three weeks ago got told the car was delayed until late August - so a mid September delivery. Not that happy with this prospect.

The reality as i understand it is there is only so production capacity and VWA get to queue for that with the rest of the world. Added is the fact that the R is a batched product. R's are not built everyday or even every week.

My dealer basically said that they missed a batch. They could be VWA , that dealer or my particular car. Anyway missed batch = 2 month delay.

What to do?

I asked the dealer to see what else they could find either in production, on the water or here. Was prepared to consider colour but not spec change. Initially the dealer came back with an offer on a CW. Said no, probably would have said yes to a RB if available.

Pushed back on the dealer try harder, try again. Two days later success. My exact car happened to be on the water heading to Brisbane for arrival late this month. A dealer swap was agreed my car (currently in the Atlantic heading for Savannah, Georgia) stays on Board now until it gets to Melbourne and the other car, unsold at this stage by my dealer comes off in Brisbane.

I might just have been lucky with this as I should see my car by mid May. This wouldn't of happened if the sales guy didn't put in the effort for me when asked.

Ask your dealership to work a bit harder for you it might just pay off.

phantomcamel
04-04-2012, 10:16 PM
We have a VG with RNS510 & a RB (no options) in stock right now! :banana: IN - STOCK, not "in compound", not "importer transport"!
Happy to ship East with reputable company (door to door servcie / 7 days a week / fully insured)

PM me if anyone is interested!

Happy Easter!

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

...both DSG...sorry, forgot :)

Mac135
04-04-2012, 10:18 PM
No worries and best of luck. Just remember your dealer wants to sell you a car but sometimes they need a little push in the right direction.

Andych
05-04-2012, 07:28 AM
Just remember your dealer wants to sell you a car but sometimes they need a little push in the right direction.
You would like to thinks so... but sometime you have to wonder about the part I made bold.... at least with some of the dealers I have dealt with before.

To the OP.... have your dealer check around the country... if you are seeing cars in Carsguide then they should be able to arrange a Dealer Swap etc or go for one coming in...
As for your deposit... sounds like you have good grounds to cancel and receive it back...when I ordered mine I had them put the ETA into the contract but I have always made sure any deposit I put down is low enough that I would be prepared to walk away from it should the proverbial hit the fan...

Good luck with getting your Rocco earlier than they say...

Mac135
05-04-2012, 08:39 AM
The issue is if you walk away from your current deal you are virtually guaranteed to go to the back of the queue. Either get your dealer to work the phones (or do it yourself) and see what you might be able to secure.

robbierednapped
05-04-2012, 09:38 AM
Thanks Christian for the update, i will keep that in mind, will let you know if i need any assistance.

We have a VG with RNS510 & a RB (no options) in stock right now! :banana: IN - STOCK, not "in compound", not "importer transport"!
Happy to ship East with reputable company (door to door servcie / 7 days a week / fully insured)

PM me if anyone is interested!

Happy Easter!

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

...both DSG...sorry, forgot :)

Mac135
05-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Two weeks ago I was looking at a September delivery. Today I'm told the car will be ready in about 10 days as it arrived at the dealer today.

Its all a bit crazy.....

I haven't arranged the Euro plates and can't decide on the right combination
Have only just put the Bimmer on Carsales (given the average on sale time for the Bimmer according to Carsales data is about a month I'm wondering whether to trade it or not? Selling privately should earn me some extra $ but I'm also keen not to have it hanging around. Hmmm??).
Haven't spoken to my leasing guy
Haven't even begun to think about insurance
Haven't ordered the covered cup holder or lidded console cubby parts I was intending to get the dealer to fit before I drove it away.

Generally this whole thing is not going to plan. Not that I'm not happy mind you :-).

What I'm keen to know is who else amongst us is expecting their Roc this month?

ConR
05-04-2012, 06:30 PM
I am!!!!

ConR
05-04-2012, 06:39 PM
What confuses me is why it will take the dealer 10 days to prep your car. You getting them to do things to it?

Davezed
05-04-2012, 06:47 PM
Mine reaches Port Kembla on the 17th so hopefully should get it by the end of the month

Have asked the dealer to order and install the covered cup holder and lidded console parts but that seems to be a struggle as I have not heard back in over a week

I am hoping they are going to order it next week with the idea the parts will arrive the same time as the car, will give them a call and chase up

otherwise, extremely excited and cant wait to pick it up, been a long 6 months

Mac135
05-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Firstly Easter slows things down a bit. They won't make a start on it until Tuesday.

And yes I was hoping to have the covered cup holder (a la Golf/Tiguan etc) and the covered storage in the console fitted prior to delivery. That might have to be a post delivery mod now. I'm guessing VW won't have the parts in stock.

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Have asked the dealer to order and install the covered cup holder and lidded console parts but that seems to be a struggle as I have not heard back in over a week

I am hoping they are going to order it next week with the idea the parts will arrive the same time as the car, will give them a call and chase up otherwise, extremely excited and cant wait to pick it up, been a long 6 months

So there are probably two of us competing for a single item in the VW spares warehouse. To tell you the truth I'm having to do the work on securing the parts. Tell me what colour lid are you going for on the console? I'm trying to get piano black.

Out of interest what is the colour/spec of your car?

Stos
05-04-2012, 08:05 PM
Yep mine arrives on 17th April at Port Kembla on the Asian Emperor too. Mine will take a couple of weeks per delivery too as I'm getting tints done and wheels sprayed black too via dealer. Have also already ordered my Black Euro classic plates with my own numbering. On the final stretch! It's been a very long wait!

Davezed
05-04-2012, 11:49 PM
So there are probably two of us competing for a single item in the VW spares warehouse. To tell you the truth I'm having to do the work on securing the parts. Tell me what colour lid are you going for on the console? I'm trying to get piano black.

Out of interest what is the colour/spec of your car?

The part number for the Cover for Storage Compartment flip cover is 1K0857351F1QB which is just the standard black

Got these parts of the uk vw forums so I am hoping they right

Are you getting these parts through your dealer?

RB, DSG, Dyno, Roof, Sat nav

Mac135
05-04-2012, 11:55 PM
Yes, via the dealer if i can. Will check on Saturday. If not I'll order from the UK.

Yes that is the same part number as the one i have. Have you tried ordering these items yet?

Same spec as mine- colour aside. Like RB almost ordered it.

Davezed
06-04-2012, 12:17 AM
How are you going to order it from the UK? Direct with VW?

I am going to call my dealer next week and see where hes at, last when I spoke to him i took off the rear cup holders because I can install that myself at a later stage

They did not mention any issues with ordering them

Im just waiting on a final quote for the parts plus install and will go ahead with it

ozr
06-04-2012, 09:51 AM
Hmmmm 1st I heard of the covered cup holder and lidded console parts
Anyone direct me to a thread or pics and part numbers please.

Mac135
06-04-2012, 11:01 AM
Sure.....

The part are from the golf. They fit without mofification.

Covered cup holder 1K0862 531A there are three (maybe 4) colour versions - not sure which suits the rocco yet. But they are. Art grey UJB, black satin UBW, anthracite UJA and possibly titanium black, i don't know this code.

The covered bin parts are

1K0 863 487 F 1QB trim suround
1K0 857 961 A 9B9 storage compartment
1K0 857 351 A 1X3 lid in black

Start with these links

Covered Cup Holder - Roccopedia (http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/roccopedia/index.php?title=Covered_Cup_Holder)
Smokers Pack Installation - Roccopedia (http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/roccopedia/index.php?title=Smokers_Pack_Installation)

Smokers pack is slightly diferent to the storage compartment but you will get the idea.

ConR
06-04-2012, 11:13 AM
You know it's not until you read threads like this that you realize the cup holder is different than in my MK6 GTI :)

I just don't know if it's worth the hassle of changing it. How much does the part cost?

Mac135
06-04-2012, 11:18 AM
[QUOTE=Davezed;796654]How are you going to order it from the UK? Direct /QUOTE]

I have a UK contact if needs be.

The parts look like standard golf/Eos parts. Not sure though about which trim colour matches the Roc as i don't yet have one!

In addition to the grey, satin black and anthracite trim there is apparently a trim called Titanium black. I don' have the code for this colour nor what cars it appears in. May not be an issue just not sure.

Anyway will know tomorrow after sorting things with the dealer in the morning.

Will let you know if i learn anything

Davezed
06-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Sure.....

Covered cup holder 1K0862 531A there are three (maybe 4) colour versions - not sure which suits the rocco yet. But they are. Art grey UJB, black satin UBW, anthracite UJA and possibly titanium black, i don't know this code.

Start with these links

Covered Cup Holder - Roccopedia (http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/roccopedia/index.php?title=Covered_Cup_Holder)
Smokers Pack Installation - Roccopedia (http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/roccopedia/index.php?title=Smokers_Pack_Installation)

Smokers pack is slightly diferent to the storage compartment but you will get the idea.

Those part numbers are the 4 button version, I have the same the part numbers and have asked the dealer to convert my rocco from a 5 button to a 4 button.

After reading the threads, it seems that this can be easily done?

ozr
06-04-2012, 12:37 PM
Heya Mac
that is definetely an improvement on the open look by far.
Thanks for the heads up man.
Is there a VW parts site we can order online from like bmminiparts.com for BMW parts
Now I have seen it I want it ....want it bad

Peter
Sure.....

Start with these links

Mac135
06-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Those part numbers are the 4 button version, I have the same the part numbers and have asked the dealer to convert my rocco from a 5 button to a 4 button.

After reading the threads, it seems that this can be easily done?

Yes i am happy with the 4 button version too. Seems to be easy enough though if i can get my act together and get the dealer to do it all the better.

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

I don't have any local prices yet. Will have tomorrow but the 3 covered bin parts quoted above run to about 45 pounds in th UK. Say $70 locally based on conversion but i'm expecting to pay more.

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

Heya Mac
Is there a VW parts site we can order online from like bmminiparts.com for BMW parts

Peter

Don't know about a supplier like For the bimmer. Starting with the dealer tomorow. Will report back then.

ConR
06-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Uh oh Spaghettios. From another thread. Anyone who's looking to order, I don't know what this means. Anyone who currently has an order, I'd call your dealer to see whats the scoop! Applies to the Roc too

http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/forums/f112/golf-r-no-factory-orders-t-m-70301.html

Mac135
06-04-2012, 03:46 PM
Those with confirmed dates through until sept look OK....thereafter 2013?

Not too many on carsales either we you take off "available" to order ads.

Would love to know how many vw forecast to sell and how many on the road. Anyone got accessto vfacts?

BLAKROC
06-04-2012, 08:33 PM
Mine landed at the Freo dock on Wednesday i'm pretty sure, should have it in my grubby mitts in about 2 weeks!!

Spec: Pearl Black + DSG, considering going KW DCC coilovers straight up..

Still gotta put my Polo GTI up for sale :O or go the easy, less money trade in option.

Mac135
06-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Black is a bit of a rarity, not too many black cars delivered yet amongst forum members. Not trading the polo?

BLAKROC
07-04-2012, 01:58 AM
Yeah I am surprised there hasn't been a few more, at least it'll be slightly more unique.. May do the trade in, just depends what I'm offered. You must be stoked at your unexpected news!

r3load3d
07-04-2012, 02:53 AM
My CW Scirocco should arrive in just over a week. Can''t wait! Haven't seen any in SA yet outside a dealership.

phantomcamel
07-04-2012, 08:50 AM
Don't mention how you know tho...I might get into trouble for releasing confidential info :emo_baghead:

---------- Post added at 06:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 AM ----------

Uh oh Spaghettios. From another thread. Anyone who's looking to order, I don't know what this means. Anyone who currently has an order, I'd call your dealer to see whats the scoop! Applies to the Roc too

http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/forums/f112/golf-r-no-factory-orders-t-m-70301.htmlDon't mention how you know tho...I might get into trouble for releasing confidential info :emo_baghead:

DVSTwig
07-04-2012, 10:11 AM
Mines coming into PK on the 17th also (Asian Emperor). Then I guess maybe a week or so for it to get to Canberra

AdamD
07-04-2012, 11:06 AM
In the best tradition of the Mk6 forum, I've created this thread for all discussion related to ordering or receiving your new Scirocco. This will help everyone to find discussion related to this topic in the one place.

Thanks everyone!

Mac135
07-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Heya Mac

Peter

So a visited the dealer this morning.

We think we only need two, or maybe three parts to complete a change to the covered storage and cup holder.

Covered cup holder is easy. Part 1KO862 531A colour satin black code UBN. Cost $125

The covered storage is a bit more difficult to work out but we think part 5KO 857 961 9B9 covers al the parts listed above. What we can't is what finish the lid is. It is $186.50. The standard lid on this part is silver which will match the silver dash inserts. The option would be to remove the silver cover and replace it with part no 1KO 857 A 1X3 if you want the piano black version. On this lat point i'm going to see what looks like in silver first.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

So ,what colour and options are ou getting for yourself?

Andych
07-04-2012, 08:05 PM
The option would be to remove the silver cover and replace it with part no 1KO 857 A 1X3 if you want the piano black version. On this lat point i'm going to see what looks like in silver first
The other alternative is to just have the Silver one painted Gloss black or wrapped, either in Carbon Fibre or just Gloss Black.

You know that you really are not helping me to NOT spend any more money Mac135...

ozr
07-04-2012, 10:17 PM
I like the idea of the silver hatch lid and the satin black cup holder lid
Sounds like a plan
Should be able to get the parts cheaper in the UK as they all seem to quote around 27 quid. Even with shipping it will be alot cheaper than 125 and 187

We think we only need two, or maybe three parts to complete a change to the covered storage and cup holder.

Covered cup holder is easy. Part 1KO862 531A colour satin black code UBN. Cost $125

The covered storage is a bit more difficult to work out but we think part 5KO 857 961 9B9 covers al the parts listed above. What we can't is what finish the lid is. It is $186.50. The standard lid on this part is silver which will match the silver dash inserts. The option would be to remove the silver cover and replace it with part no 1KO 857 A 1X3 if you want the piano black version. On this lat point i'm going to see what looks like in silver first.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

2011 VOLKSWAGEN GOLF Parts - Volkswagen Parts | Genuine OEM Parts - VW Performance Accessories (http://www.vwpartsdepartment.com/parts/2011/VOLKSWAGEN/GOLF/?siteid=215190&vehicleid=1447790&diagram=9274480&diagramCallOut=9)
is the breakdown and looking at it
as the ashtray insert is useless as storage
Or am I seeing spots as this thread shows it as useless really and the above parts look like a bigger storage only with out ashtray.

What do you think

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

GENUINE VW GOLF MK6 2011 FRONT ASHTRAY LIGHTER EXC CON | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-VW-GOLF-MK6-2011-FRONT-ASHTRAY-LIGHTER-EXC-CON-/170657316103)

No storage at all
I thought you could get just a tray in that area with the lid on it as increased storage

Mac135
07-04-2012, 10:44 PM
Parts 10,11 & 12 though do away with the 12v connection (i think) whereas part 9 retains the 12v but puts a lid on the storage area. actually i think it is part 7 that is just the storage.

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

At least i'm not encouraging you to spend big $$. Now if i were to suggest the KW DCC set up as i was reading about last night then that would be another thing

ozr
07-04-2012, 10:51 PM
you have a linky linky of the KW DCC setup
Parts 10,11 & 12 though do away with the 12v connection (i think) whereas part 9 retains the 12v but puts a lid on the storage area.

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

At least i'm not encouraging you to spend big $$. Now if i were to suggest the KW DCC set up as i was reading about last night then that would be another thing

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Looking at 10,11,12 there is a lid
you have a linky linky of the KW DCC setup

Mac135
07-04-2012, 11:06 PM
No linky at the moment. I subscribe to Volkswagen Driver Mag on iPad. If you can find an online link then it is page 34 in the April issue.

ozr
07-04-2012, 11:11 PM
I think I knocked the option back as with my position in the NT Gov't I get like some 70-80 emails a day
I think it was tied up with my purchase feed back thread that I unsubmitted from..LOL
Things have a way of biteing you on the ass at times dont they
No linky at the moment. I subscribe to Volkswagen Driver Mag on iPad. If you can find an online link then it is page 34 in the April issue.

ConR
11-04-2012, 01:10 PM
Update: getting the Roc this Saturday!!!! Sleepless nights commence......now!

she_dub
11-04-2012, 03:20 PM

Just dream of my little ponies... We expect pics when you do pick it up! :banana:

ConR
11-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Thanks!! Will be plenty of pics for sure!

DVSTwig
11-04-2012, 06:56 PM

Sounds great!

Out of (self) interest, how long is it usually between delivery in country, and the dealer handing over the keys?

Mine's due in Port Kembla On the 17-18th April, but I've still got to finalize finance etc...

Stos
11-04-2012, 07:04 PM

Congrats mate! Im not too far behind. The wait is painful, especially since I took a demo for another test drive the other week cause I was having withdrawal symptoms.

ConR
11-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Sounds great!

Out of (self) interest, how long is it usually between delivery in country, and the dealer handing over the keys?

Mine's due in Port Kembla On the 17-18th April, but I've still got to finalize finance etc...

Depends on the dealer, and how fast Patricks gets the car to the dealer from the dock. Usually expect two weeks for them to hand you the keys. Can be longer depending in what you ask the dealer to do to the car. I asked them not to touch it. Not even a polish!

ConR
11-04-2012, 07:41 PM
Congrats mate! Im not too far behind. The wait is painful, especially since I took a demo for another test drive the other week cause I was having withdrawal symptoms.

Thanks dude. I was tempted to do that too but decided against it. Haha

longman
11-04-2012, 08:54 PM
Congrats ktrianta, I know what it is like to be this close - that was me 2 weeks ago. Look forward to seeing you zooming round Sydney this weekend! Happy 'Roccing.
get a pic up here real soon :-)

longman
12-04-2012, 10:45 PM
2 sleeps to go, or 36 hours more to wait ktrianta! the seconds must be passing very slowly.....

ozr
12-04-2012, 11:20 PM
Looking at the Golf console with the ashtray the sides are closed and dont have the triangle thingys in it I think we are goling to have to order L&R of number 5 in the parts breakdown to enclose it or it will be open and look like ****

DVSTwig
14-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Well it looks like we're a two Rocco family now.

Apparently the Father in Law has been reading the brochure since I ordered mine... Walked into the same dealer yesterday, and bought their VG DSG demonstrator off the showroom floor!

Worst thing is, he picks it up Monday, and mine is only getting off the boat this week :( to make it worse, I'll have to drive him there to pick it up!

ConR
14-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Well ladies and gentlemen, it's been a long few weeks, but the wait is over. Picked her up this morning, and she's a joy. Couple of pics of her.

Must admit this is my first auto car ever, but that blip on the upshift/downshift....oh my...makes me feel things I shouldn't mention on this forum. What a sound!

Question for all...the Golf R does the needle sweep on startup. Assumed the Roc did it too but mine doesn't. Same for all? I know it can be enabled via VAG but thought it was supposed to already.

Back to driving!

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3441/photo4ki.jpg
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/4457/photo5xrv.jpg
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2774/photo11cn.jpg
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/6476/photo21hk.jpg
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/1310/photo51jt.jpg

Andych
14-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Mine does the needle sweep.... yours must be defective... sent it back... :banana:

Congrats mate, make sure you get rid of the stealerships named license plate surrounds soon.

ConR
14-04-2012, 11:36 AM
Mine does the needle sweep.... yours must be defective... sent it back... :banana:

Congrats mate, make sure you get rid of the stealerships named license plate surrounds soon.

Really yours does it? Hmm...that's weird. Wonder why mine doesnt.

she_dub
14-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Yay Con! Congratulations... :dance_yellow_smilie

Also mine does the needle sweep too... did from day 1.. go back to dealership.. after you enjoy driving it around a bit more..

ConR
14-04-2012, 11:51 AM
Thanks Rebecca!

Nevermind it does work. LOL.

What doesn't work is holding the setup button on the RNS510 to get into the HW Info screen. I don't think I'm running V5 of the maps despite the dealer telling me so. He also didn't give me the DVD. So big one as I already have them on a CD.

But they did give me a bottle of champagne. Top dealer if anyone is interested. Will PM name!

Andych
14-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Really yours does it? Hmm...that's weird. Wonder why mine doesnt.
Certainly does...

PS... change your Sig.... :P

ConR
14-04-2012, 11:57 AM
Changed! And the sweep does work. I must have been on drugs or something :)

she_dub
14-04-2012, 11:57 AM
But they did give me a bottle of champagne. Top dealer if anyone is interested. Will PM name!

Depends on the brand of champagne... lol :P

ConR
14-04-2012, 12:01 PM
Depends on the brand of champagne... lol :P

Ha. Chandon. Sounds french so it must be good right ;)

My guess is it's no more than $10 at the bottleshop

she_dub
14-04-2012, 12:04 PM
Ha. Chandon. Sounds french so it must be good right ;)

My guess is it's no more than $10 at the bottleshop

LOL I'll pass then :P

What are you doing on the forum? GO OUTSIDE AND DRIVE YOUR NEW CAR! :P

Mac135
14-04-2012, 12:04 PM
Looking god.......

Don't think of it as an auto and get straight into using the paddles or stick. When i had the GTI i tended to up change with the paddle and down change with the stick. Works way better this way then leaving it in D. S is a different matter.

I shold be "in the club" by his time next week. The Bimmer is sold and on its way to its new home in Perth, my euro plates arrived Friday and the covered cup holder was collected today.

Big question.......do i follow your lead and now become MacR - the 135 bit of th moniker seems a bit dated now??!!

ConR
14-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Oh yeah, I've already installed the Maniac DSG Paddle Extensions. It's been in M mode so far all the time. Don't plan on changing it expect when in traffic.

Rebecca, I'm waiting for a lady to come to my place. I sold my bike and she's picking it up. She doesn't know how to drive well (on her L's) so I need to drive it for her! ARGH!

Andych
14-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Oh yeah, I've already installed the Maniac DSG Paddle Extensions. It's been in M mode so far all the time. Don't plan on changing it expect when in traffic.

I tend to leave mine in D... I love the burp on the change from second to third under WOT... Third to fourth would be good but that is loss of license territory...
I shift down with the paddle so I can hear the blip...
If you leave it in sport... it hangs onto the gears too long for normal driving... at least in D you can pretty much do what you want... or tootle along... but you will find all that out.. wiat till the exhaust carbons up a little... then it gets a bit deeper... :)

Stos
14-04-2012, 03:39 PM
Well ladies and gentlemen, it's been a long few weeks, but the wait is over. Picked her up this morning, and she's a joy. Couple of pics of her.

Must admit this is my first auto car ever, but that blip on the upshift/downshift....oh my...makes me feel things I shouldn't mention on this forum. What a sound!

Question for all...the Golf R does the needle sweep on startup. Assumed the Roc did it too but mine doesn't. Same for all? I know it can be enabled via VAG but thought it was supposed to already.

Back to driving!

Congrats Con! She's a beauty! Man i'm itching! Mine arrive fresh of the boat on Wednesday, but still have to wait a couple of weeks before the dealer has it ready for me. The wait is getting really painful now.
Well enjoy the new ride and Happy Easter(guessing you are Greek-Australian by your name)!

ConR
14-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Congrats Con! She's a beauty! Man i'm itching! Mine arrive fresh of the boat on Wednesday, but still have to wait a couple of weeks before the dealer has it ready for me. The wait is getting really painful now.
Well enjoy the new ride and Happy Easter(guessing you are Greek-Australian by your name)!

It'll be over soon man! Then you can enjoy yours :)

Yes Easter this Sunday did me. Greek-Australian.......and Canadian too! Been living here for 5 years now.

Stos
14-04-2012, 03:53 PM
Haha well in that case, Kali Anastasi for tonight!!!

ConR
14-04-2012, 05:08 PM
Xristos Anesti'

longman
15-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Congrats Con, looks like you got my identical twin :-)
Have you clocked up 1000km yet? Will certainly look out for you zipping round Sydney
Enjoy!!

ConR
15-04-2012, 02:47 PM
Only sitting at 200km. I know lame. Busy weekend!

Andych
15-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Haha.. I have had mine since Feb 14 and only have 1960km on the clock...

Bain
15-04-2012, 06:31 PM
6.5k on mine so far.

Reginald
15-04-2012, 06:42 PM
Just ticked over 4k on mine since the 22nd Jan

longman
15-04-2012, 08:36 PM
I've done 700km for the first 2 weeks :-) ... which included Easter, so a few more than normal.
And 3 washes.....

TexR
17-04-2012, 09:49 PM
After owning a Polo a few years ago (then a few different cars since then!) we've returned, nearly, to VW and are now waiting on the delivery of our new Scirocco. It initially made the short list with Audi & BMW. Price and disinterest from our local Audi dealer excluded that option. BMW stealer was keen but the 125i & 135i were no match for the Scirocco we had just taken a test flight in! So our decision was made...until.....our VW guy told us we could have the non optioned Viper Green 'rocco now or wait 6 months for the optioned RB one. Too impatient to wait for that exhilarating ride to be ours, we called our Sydney dealer who sourced one within 24hrs. Yep, "on the boat" but now, just a few weeks later, we have a delivery date in May. Can't wait.....

kazmeyers
17-04-2012, 10:15 PM
After owning a Polo a few years ago (then a few different cars since then!) we've returned, nearly, to VW and are now waiting on the delivery of our new Scirocco. It initially made the short list with Audi & BMW. Price and disinterest from our local Audi dealer excluded that option. BMW stealer was keen but the 125i & 135i were no match for the Scirocco we had just taken a test flight in! So our decision was made...until.....our VW guy told us we could have the non optioned Viper Green 'rocco now or wait 6 months for the optioned RB one. Too impatient to wait for that exhilarating ride to be ours, we called our Sydney dealer who sourced one within 24hrs. Yep, "on the boat" but now, just a few weeks later, we have a delivery date in May. Can't wait.....

Haha grats dude! I enjoyed reading that short story :) Say, what other cars were on your shortlist?

Mac135
17-04-2012, 11:24 PM
Now that my 135i is on its way to new owners in WA i can say that I'm very pleased to be back (saturday/next week) in a VW and what a great car the Roc R is. The BMW125 is not in the same performance league while the 135 while quick was souless - it was all too electric. A manual might have been a better choice - too late now. By example, even moving the seats seemed to take forever while the motors moved the seats one way or other. Silly i know but it annoyed me!!

I also looked at the Merc C coupe. Nice, the 350 quickish but just not me.

Like you can't wait....

TexR
18-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Our vehicles need to communicate with us - tell us what is happening on the road, hence another reason for us choosing our Rocco! I like the descrip of the 135i being too 'electric'. Floating & quiet has it's place but we've finished with that & moving on from our current saloon type vehicle. The Merc Coupe (250) was a consideration as we've got an ML & happy with that. The Coupe was flash inside but it felt like it controls the driver. Next door to the Merc dealer is Range Rover.....niiiiice Evoque but this initial release is so optioned up! Looks like our Rocco was just meant to be. Maybe I need another 'test' drive to get my fix before our May delivery.

Mac135
18-04-2012, 10:04 PM
I like the Evoque and think my wife might be heading that way when the Tiguan 147 lease is up in 2 years but it is frightfully expensive when you starting putting on the options. And the options list makes BMW look positively spartan. I've heard reports of them running to 140K fully optioned - for a freelander with catwalk pretensions!

Anyway next Friday 27th is Roc day. The car Will be ready next Tuesday but I'm away on business, so the wait goes on for a couple of extra days.

BLAKROC
20-04-2012, 06:20 PM
Just been reading the last several pages of this haha, so so keen now!

The modded Polo GTI will be sold this Tuesday avo which I definitely will miss.. but.. after a 6 month wait, Thursday 26/4 is the day I get my R!

I'm taking the day off and just going to drive.. :D

Mac135
20-04-2012, 07:30 PM
24 hours ahead of me - friday pm april 27th I head down to Geelong to get my R

Stos
21-04-2012, 12:56 AM
Mine arrived off the boat 2 days ago, but my dealer is telling me It will be ready for pick up on 10th May! This is painful. All I am getting is the wheels painted and tints from the dealer. Does it really take 3 weeks? Doesn't sound right.

Bain
21-04-2012, 07:31 AM
Mine arrived off the boat 2 days ago, but my dealer is telling me It will be ready for pick up on 10th May! This is painful. All I am getting is the wheels painted and tints from the dealer. Does it really take 3 weeks? Doesn't sound right.

A week to go through customs, a week to get to dealership, a week to detail/paint wheels. Sucks to wait, especially knowing how slow everything takes!

DVSTwig
21-04-2012, 08:18 AM
Ours must have been on the same boat Stos. Mine got into Port Kembla a day or so ago. The wait now is even worse that when it was on the boat!

Mac135
21-04-2012, 10:17 AM
Well you just can't do much when you know it is on a boat but when you know it is on land and it still feels like its on a slow boat it is just frustrating.

TexR
22-04-2012, 06:48 PM
As the anticipation gets too much, I rename it 'preparation'..... Looked at every YouTube clip for Scirocco R that exists (even the zero likes ones!), read about DSG so have a vague understanding, and now I'm on here! After a rainy week, I've been dodging & slamming potholes then thinking of alternate routes for our Rocco. I'm notoriously careless with my rims so this vigilance has extended to remembering tight carpark kerbs, speed humps, deep wide gutters and wash-outs. I gonna be ultra prepared - maybe I actually need this wait-time! A bit less than a week for some of you guys. Taking a day off work to pick it up; now there's a thought......

Mac135
22-04-2012, 08:48 PM
Yes, i'm down to 5 but probably 6 sleeps. Like you have visited every website with a reference to scirocco on the interweb.....several times! Gather you are new to the wonders of DSG. That is something to look forward too all in itself.

When are you expecting your car?

Stos
22-04-2012, 09:17 PM
Man this is painful! Just give my a pick up date dealer man! Mine mite take a bit longer cause of wheels and tints getting done by dealer.

ConR
23-04-2012, 10:00 AM
Mην ανησυχείs Stos, it'll be on it's way before you know it ;)

PS: I used to live in Narrabeen. Where abouts are you?

Stos
23-04-2012, 05:05 PM
Αλά δεν κρατιέμαι βρε Κώστα! I know! I know! Just got to have a little patience.

Yeah I'm in Seaforth, so on the boarder. You no longer nearby?

ConR
23-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Lol. You'll get a call in no time!

I'm in St Ives now. Lived in Narra for two years. Still play soccer in Manly Vale!

Stos
24-04-2012, 11:39 AM
Lol. You'll get a call in no time!

I'm in St Ives now. Lived in Narra for two years. Still play soccer in Manly Vale!

Hopefully I will see you around the area. Will be great to see what you've done to your Rocco!

Out of interest, how much notice did the dealer give you as to when it was available for pickup?

ConR
24-04-2012, 11:57 AM
It landed March 31st in Port Kembla. I didn't hear from the dealer so I called them on the 11th. Car was ready on the 13th as I asked them not to do anything to the car.

Stos
24-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Thanks buds, so yep looking at 2nd week May i guess :cry2::cry2::cry2:

Mac135
24-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Got this message today from the dealer.....everything is ok to go Ian

All I need to do is find the time to get there! Can't wait for Saturday.

she_dub
24-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Got this message today from the dealer.....everything is ok to go Ian

All I need to do is find the time to get there! Can't wait for Saturday.

Counting down, Ian :banana: we expect pics :)

Mac135
24-04-2012, 10:51 PM
Pics absolutely....and on that note i had better check out the weather forecast for Saturday!

Though i still might see if i can sneak down on Friday avro

BLAKROC
25-04-2012, 01:46 AM
I got mine today!! Two days ahead of schedule.

No options, DSG and black. Did about 120km this evening around town, am pretty addicted to the gear pops, farts and blips already. Pics to come.

she_dub
25-04-2012, 06:11 AM

Do it!

Disclaimer: But don't blame me, if this advice gets you into trouble. Bec.

I got mine today!! Two days ahead of schedule.

No options, DSG and black. Did about 120km this evening around town, am pretty addicted to the gear pops, farts and blips already. Pics to come.

Congratulations Greggo! Looking forward to seeing the BMP beast :)

ozr
25-04-2012, 08:39 AM
So c'mon tell us
Pics absolutely....and on that note i had better check out the weather forecast for Saturday!

Mac135
25-04-2012, 09:28 AM
Disclaimer noted, Bec

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

Ozr, did you get your console parts?

I only got the last of mine on Monday, so the dealer is fitting the covered cupholder prior to delivery but i'll hold off installing the covered console for a bit. Will lok at the threads on sciroccocentral and see if i have the confidence to do it myself.

she_dub
28-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Disclaimer noted, Bec

You updated your signature Ian! Did you get it? :D

Andych
28-04-2012, 09:01 AM
You updated your signature Ian! Did you get it? :D
Ohhh I didnt see that before...
OK Ian PICS OR BAN :)

Mac135
28-04-2012, 06:40 PM
Yep, 9am this morning. I think Ichanged by signature today at about 3am!!

It is fantastic.....i never really came to terms with the 135 but this fits like a glove.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Andy, yes i know he rules pics or ban.

Stopped on the way back from Geelong at Williamstown and took a few snaps. Will post later tonight or am tomorrow. Also need to take a shot in the morning of the covered cup holder - my first mod.

she_dub
28-04-2012, 06:46 PM

It is fantastic.....i never really came to terms with the 135 but this fits like a glove.

Yay! Congratulations Ian! :banana:

PICS! :P

Mac135
28-04-2012, 07:11 PM
Yes, yes pics i know........thanks.

Just spent the last cople of hours sitting in it. Setting up the phone, the nav, preferences, adjusting the audio, putting on th euro plates. All in all a good day.

Rev 555
28-04-2012, 08:01 PM
Yes, yes pics i know........thanks.

Just spent the last cople of hours sitting in it. Setting up the phone, the nav, preferences, adjusting the audio, putting on th euro plates. All in all a good day.

At last congratulations mate. Its all yours.....

Mac135
28-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Cheers Rev

Andych
28-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Lol.. all good Ian.. I have been waiting ages to use it...:)

Stopped on the way back from Geelong at Williamstown and took a few snaps. Will post later tonight or am tomorrow. Also need to take a shot in the morning of the covered cup holder - my first mod.

Looking forward to seeing the pics... there are too few Indium greys about...
Also looking forward to the covered cup holder info.. that might have to go onto my list :facepalm:

tee_off
29-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Hurry with the photos already!!!

leontoh
29-04-2012, 11:38 AM

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Thought I saw another IG Scirocco in Windsor yesterday. Not you by any chance?

ConR
29-04-2012, 01:50 PM
WOOHOO! Congrats dude! The wait is finally over man. Love that colour choice btw. Saw one up here last week with black wheels and it looked amazing. Not as good as white mind you :)

Mac135
29-04-2012, 05:28 PM
Windsor - could have been me. Drove through Windsor late morning on the way home (Dandenong Rd)

Would have been looking something like this....

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/04/scirocco1671-1.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

[/COLOR]Thanks Con,

White is pretty special....

I think the car just has a slightly different character in Indium, it can be a bit changeable depending on the light

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/04/scirocco001-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/04/scirocco126-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/04/scirocco227-1.jpg

There are a bundle of others in Photobucket

Will take a shot of the covered cup holder tomorrow................

she_dub
29-04-2012, 06:19 PM
Yay Ian! Looking brilliant. IG is awesome, and was in my top 3 of colours / shades I wanted.

I love that pic with the beast and Mac. He's adorable!

Also, good choice with the black euro plates ;)

Andych
29-04-2012, 07:34 PM
Super classy Ian.. I think IG gives the Roc a real upper class look.. certainly very different to the "look" of CW and RB..
Love the ones with "Mac"...

Mac135
29-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Thanks I'm really pleased with the car. The plates look good - i think i made the right decision there. Mac seems pretty happy with everything too,tells me he's not missing the Bimmer.

Need to get some VWR springs underneath it in the next few weeks

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Thanks Andy, i just think it says something about the design of the car that a change of colour can so change the character.

I was a commited RB buyer until I testbdrove an IG....now I'd like to see a black in the flesh.

DVSTwig
30-04-2012, 11:35 AM
So Frustrated ! :mad:

My car got into Port Kembla on the 18th, and it's still sitting at received and no one has an idea of when it will move.

Stos
30-04-2012, 11:55 AM

My car got into Port Kembla on the 18th, and it's still sitting at received and no one has an idea of when it will move.

Same here! My dealer said it could take up to two weeks before they receive it and then another 5 days with the dealer before they have it ready for me. So looking at around the 14th May! This wait is bloody painful!!!

Valver.
30-04-2012, 12:52 PM

That's life! Mine took a month from the docks to delivery and I had no accessories to install. It just depends how many cars out of each shipment are going to your specific dealer... and how incompetent they are - which is usually "very".

My dealer, who shall remain nameless, was pretty hopeless and understaffed: I could never get the sales guy on the phone and he'd always take a couple of days - if not a week - to return my calls/emails.

It's just the current new car market in Australia for many European models: demand overwhelmingly outstrips supply, so there's no real need for a high level of customer service.

Unfortunate, but true :)

DVSTwig
30-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Same here! My dealer said it could take up to two weeks before they receive it and then another 5 days with the dealer before they have it ready for me. So looking at around the 14th May! This wait is bloody painful!!!

Crazy :crazy: . My dealer is trying to get a priority put in to ship it down ASAP, but who knows how long it could take!

I was pumped this morning, thinking it would probably be shipped today, dealer tomorrow, and pick up sometime later this week.

Going to suck if it's not here this week, as our only other car is booked in on the 7th for a week of insurance repairs.

Stos
30-04-2012, 06:10 PM
Crazy :crazy: . My dealer is trying to get a priority put in to ship it down ASAP, but who knows how long it could take!

I was pumped this morning, thinking it would probably be shipped today, dealer tomorrow, and pick up sometime later this week.

Going to suck if it's not here this week, as our only other car is booked in on the 7th for a week of insurance repairs.

I'm not trying to get my hopes up. I think 14th is worst case scenario I think, so guessing they will have it ready earlier. Been waiting about 6months for the thing!!!!

Mac135
30-04-2012, 07:44 PM
Any real idea why the hold up? Can't be that hard can it - unload off ship, store, do compliance, ship to distribution centre, ship to dealer, give to customer? I had always been under the impression that once landed a fortnight was about normal to customer delivery.

Bain
30-04-2012, 08:15 PM
Looks good Mac!

Certainly would have chosen that colour has I not been able to get the cw.

DVSTwig
30-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Any real idea why the hold up? Can't be that hard can it - unload off ship, store, do compliance, ship to distribution centre, ship to dealer, give to customer? I had always been under the impression that once landed a fortnight was about normal to customer delivery.

No idea really, although the dealer mentioned they'd seen this happening more often... I should just drive up there myself :P

Mac135
30-04-2012, 09:59 PM
Vw are selling more cars than they ever have. Maybe the systems can't keep up with the volume. Sorry for the extended wait.

rbalech
30-04-2012, 10:01 PM
Hi all, just traded in my 125i coupe for a scirocco today. Idium gray with gps, I pick up in 10 days, can't wait!

Anyone got a pick of a Idium gray with black rims?

Mac135
30-04-2012, 10:07 PM
Just took delivery of my IG on saturday after selling my 135 coupe. The bimmer and i never got on as well as we should but the r is love.

I can tell you at some point the 10 days is going to drag. I was awake at 3am and ready to head of to the dealer on the morning of the delivery.

rbalech
30-04-2012, 10:15 PM
I like my 125i, but as soon as I test drove a Rocco I was drooling.... Im pretty happy about 10 days as yesterday I was told 7 months. Just had to sacrifice a sunroof.....

I'm tossing up weather or not I should paint the rims black. Any advice?

Mac135
30-04-2012, 10:36 PM
I'm tossing up weather or not I should paint the rims black. Any advice?. Not from me i'm afraid my wheels are staying silver.

IMHO the best looking talle's on this site belong to she_dub on her RB though that colour might not have enough contrast though with the indium body.

My dealer just told me a customer of his who ordered not long after me (mid Jan) was just advised that his car due in June was delayed until December. Seems these cars are getting harder to get.

rbalech
30-04-2012, 10:42 PM
That surprises me as I,was pretty much able to get one in every color today by ringing around sydneymdealers.

Mac135
30-04-2012, 11:14 PM
Well, i was thinking the same given there are 60 something on carsales. Now admittedly some of those are likely to be teasers but VG and RB seem to be available in most states.

The choice of options might be the cause of delays. I gather from your previous post that you opted not to get the pana roof and get your car from stock

Stos
01-05-2012, 05:51 PM
Got some good news this afternoon. My scirocco has past compliance and is waiting to be delivered to the dealership. They will be calling me tomorrow to confirm when I can pick it up! So looking mid to late next week at this stage!

DVSTwig
01-05-2012, 06:30 PM
Got some good news this afternoon. My scirocco has past compliance and is waiting to be delivered to the dealership. They will be calling me tomorrow to confirm when I can pick it up! So looking mid to late next week at this stage!

Great to hear Stos! Are you getting the dealer to do any work to the car, before you pick it up?

Hopefully mine is not to far behind yours in the compliance queue :)

Stos
01-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Great to hear Stos! Are you getting the dealer to do any work to the car, before you pick it up?

Hopefully mine is not to far behind yours in the compliance queue :)

Thanks mate! Yes the dealer is getting my wheels painted and tints too. Will find out tomorrow when the dealer will receive it and when I will have it. I am guessing around 4-5days from when they receive it will be ready for me. Will keep you posted. Hopefully yours won't be too far behind.

DVSTwig
02-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Well unfortunately mine's still stuck at PKL! Mines not getting anything done at the dealer, but that still means this week is out the window...

Stos
02-05-2012, 05:42 PM
Well unfortunately mine's still stuck at PKL! Mines not getting anything done at the dealer, but that still means this week is out the window...

I just got confirmation that mine will be ready for pickup 16th May from the dealership. Way longer than what I expected, but at least I've got a date and time set in stone now. Maybe you'll get yours sooner since you will not have anything else done to it. 13 more sleeps for me!

kazmeyers
03-05-2012, 07:51 PM
Arrived off the port on April 18th, with delivery on 1st of May. :)
It has been flawless so far, with no issues at all... however, I do find myself reaching really far back to get the seatbelt. Maybe its my driving position being too far forward atm, but I just want to get used to driving it first before relaxing more haha

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/4999/photo3oc.jpg

she_dub
03-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Well done Kaz. Easily the best car out of those 3!

I have to reach a fair bit back to get the seatbelt, but I'm short so I expected that :)

kazmeyers
03-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Mwahahahaa. Blue WRX and Blue Golf R adding to that line-up in 4 months.

*honk honk honk* ;)

Well done Kaz. Easily the best car out of those 3!

I have to reach a fair bit back to get the seatbelt, but I'm short so I expected that :)

Mac135
03-05-2012, 08:53 PM
I'm six three and the seatbelt is a bit of a reach if that is all we can find wrong with our cars then we are doing pretty well.

Glad you are loving it.

mr gee
03-05-2012, 09:30 PM
I found that if I swing my right hand down and back, I can reach the belt without the traditional turn right back to reach.

she_dub
03-05-2012, 09:33 PM
*honk honk honk* ;)

Three! No more, no less ;)

I found that if I swing my right hand down and back, I can reach the belt without the traditional turn right back to reach.

Hmmm I do that too, but it's still a bit of a swing. Damn lack of height!

DVSTwig
04-05-2012, 01:32 PM
Arrived off the port on April 18th, with delivery on 1st of May. :)

I hate you :)

she_dub
04-05-2012, 04:14 PM
IMHO the best looking talle's on this site belong to she_dub on her RB though that colour might not have enough contrast though with the indium body.

Awww just noticed this... thanks Ian :)

You're right though, the colour of my wheels wouldn't contrast enough with Indium. It would need to be a lot darker, just a couple of shades away from black.

Mac135
04-05-2012, 09:57 PM
I only speak the truth as I see it (which means it might also be known as an opinion).

I'm just not into black wheels and definitely not the Talle's in black as they have too large a visual mass. Your greys add character but not the mass

DVSTwig
07-05-2012, 05:59 PM
*sigh* so turns out it could be another week before mine is even delivered to the dealer!

No-one quite knows where it is, but apparently there might have been a part of the ship where all those cars have had to go through extra quarantine measures.

Dealer says they might know by Wednesday, but even if they know Wednesday I'd be suprised if that doesn't make it late next week for delivery!

rbalech
07-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Mine has been delayed to the 11th of June but on the bright side I get a 2012 build now so it is worth it.

Can't wait to get this bloody!!!!!! Car.

Stos
08-05-2012, 04:27 PM
*sigh* so turns out it could be another week before mine is even delivered to the dealer!

No-one quite knows where it is, but apparently there might have been a part of the ship where all those cars have had to go through extra quarantine measures.

Dealer says they might know by Wednesday, but even if they know Wednesday I'd be suprised if that doesn't make it late next week for delivery!

Thats sux mate, hopefully you have some good news tomorrow.

DVSTwig
08-05-2012, 05:23 PM
I reckon! Bored of waiting now :)

Mac135
08-05-2012, 09:56 PM
If it is any consolation, which at this stage you are probably feeling like you are over it, it is worth the wait.

Hopefully you get the news you want tomorrow.

DVSTwig
10-05-2012, 09:50 AM
So looks like it will (finally) be here Monday, so hopefully pick up mid week.

Feels better now the date is known! :)

TexR
10-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Nothing, nothing, nothing.....then it's off the boat & ready for transport to the dealer next week; we have a date for collecting. Taking the day off to pick it up next Friday. ('It' - do we gender identify our cars anymore?). After following all your posts, I am prepared for delays......

SCIRKN
11-05-2012, 06:54 AM
Just found the tracking of my car! It's on the cargo ship on its way down under! Due to arrive in Port Melbourne on 17th June! So am assuming 2-3 weeks after that it'll be ready at the dealership..

DVSTwig
11-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Sweet! Car is at Build_Complete so it's on the truck Monday morning...

In the meantime, the dealers lent me a Jetta for the weeked, can't complain about that!

EDIT: cars at planned for transport, so should get to the dealer tomorrow.

Stos
15-05-2012, 03:34 PM
1 more sleep!!!

DVSTwig
16-05-2012, 09:02 AM
Stos, what time are you picking it up? You know you need pics, or it didn't happen :)

she_dub
16-05-2012, 08:13 PM
He won't be back for a while.. too busy with his new toy :driver:

TexR
16-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Our anticipated Friday collect date has been predictably postponed til mid next week. Grrr. At least we were prepared for this I suppose. Looks like our long, cruisy drive up from Sydney followed by a quick sleep then a full weekend of d'R'iving has evaporated. Mid week = a couple of quick drives in the dark after work before........really testin' it out next weekend! Patience grasshopper....

Stos
17-05-2012, 12:41 PM
Stos, what time are you picking it up? You know you need pics, or it didn't happen :)

I picked it up at 10am this morning and have been having a whole load of fun with it! I think it is going to be hard keeping points on my license, it just wants to unleash and it's only stock. Can imagine how it would go with mods. Very tempting, but it's fast enough for me as it is(well for now at least). Just waiting for a mate to mms me a photo from today. Will hopefully post it tonight.

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

He won't be back for a while.. too busy with his new toy :driver:

Spot on she_dub!!![COLOR="Silver"][COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8728/photo1lx.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/233/photo1lx.jpg/)

Worked it out I think! Dealer plate covers have already been replaced for clear altrex ones.

DVSTwig
17-05-2012, 04:06 PM
Sweet! Looks great :)

Mine got off the truck yesterday, an is ready for pickup as soon as finance settles... So a 1 day turnaround for the dealer! Hopefully it will all be sorted by tomorrow afternoon.

Stos
17-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Sweet! Looks great :)

Mine got off the truck yesterday, an is ready for pickup as soon as finance settles... So a 1 day turnaround for the dealer! Hopefully it will all be sorted by tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks mate, i have to say it looks much better in the real world! It was getting a lot of looks yesterday. Can't say I was "running it in" either :) .

You'll enjoy every bit of it, hope its in your hands ASAP. Can't wait to finish work, go home and go for a drive tonight.

DVSTwig
18-05-2012, 07:50 PM
So had to hand back the Jetta today :(

A (small) consolation is the Rocco is now sitting in the driveway! Have to say it was definitely worth the wait.

EDIT: Got some pics this morning;

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/05/3aa3afbbfe27049b-1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ConR
19-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Nice rides guys. Grats to both!

Now lower them and mods :)

mr gee
20-05-2012, 11:54 AM
When I ordered my cars, I got the salesman to send me a snapshot of the car when it arrives at the dealer so I can ger a sense of a timeline. They were very accommodating.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/01/photo1-2.jpg

ConR
20-05-2012, 12:32 PM
When I ordered my cars, I got the salesman to send me a snapshot of the car when it arrives at the dealer so I can ger a sense of a timeline. They were very accommodating.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/01/photo1-2.jpg

Ooooooh. Silver! Nice man. Get those rims black!!!

TexR
20-05-2012, 07:18 PM
Great pic DVSTwig - still can't decide if it's the front or rear that does it for me on the Rocco! I reckon RB really shows the contours... Hope it has proven to be much more than a (small) consolation. Enjoy!

DVSTwig
22-05-2012, 11:39 AM
Yeah, I suppose I'm slowly getting over the Jetta :)

You know my favorite angle at the moment is from inside out the wig mirrors... You really get a feel for the how far the rear guards pop from that angle!

Mac135
31-05-2012, 10:13 PM
I see that according to caradvice.com.au that 269 of us have had a scirocco delivered between jan 1 and april 30th. Presume they either have Vfacts or VW data.

That is a 6% share of the sub 80k sports segment.

tee_off
01-06-2012, 01:12 PM
I see that according to caradvice.com.au that 269 of us have had a scirocco delivered between jan 1 and april 30th. Presume they either have Vfacts or VW data.

That is a 6% share of the sub 80k sports segment.

Do you have a link to the article? I couldn't find it. It'll be interesting to see what the other 94% is

Mac135
01-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Do you have a link to the article? I couldn't find it. It'll be interesting to see what the other 94% is

Not much more to offer I'm afraid. No source quoted for the number. The link is here:

Volkswagen Scirocco GTS celebrates 30 years | Car Advice (http://www.caradvice.com.au/174894/volkswagen-scirocco-gts-celebrates-30-years/)

Anybody have access to VFacts?

If my calculations are correct that means around 4,300 coupe sales in the first four month of the year or about 14,000 for the year which is similar to last year when I saw the numbers published on Ausmotive. Assuming a full year (which I don't because some of the 269 cars will have been long lead orders) that means 850 or so Sciroccos on the road by year end.

Given that I saw over 40 during a 10 day stint in the UK recently - one 1 R though, I think we can say that they will remain something of a rarity.

The other 94%? I guess there will be the usual selection of Audi TT's, A5's, BMW 1,3 and 6 series, Porsche, Renault Megane (I also read somewhere that Australia is the third biggest market for the Megane coupes after France and Germany), Mercedes C Coupe, Nissan 370, Peugeot RCX etc plus the new Hyundai Veloster and then the exotics from Bentley, Aston, Maserati, Ferrari, Lambo etc.

The Toyota 86/BRZ may boost those numbers a bit when it arrives from next month.

RW1
01-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Given that I saw over 40 during a 10 day stint in the UK recently - one 1 R though, I think we can say that they will remain something of a rarity.

Hate to dissappoint but they are banging them out at the factory on a very regular basis. Maybe not UK but they are going somewhere. Quite a few Australian ones recently, to MY2013 build, mainly with DSG option. I think this exclusive thing initially about the R has gone out of the window with VW.

Keep On Rocc'in
01-06-2012, 06:23 PM
They may be common in the UK but will be very rare here for a while until more come in, and not that many are coming. I saw my third one today since I got mine 3 months ago. I also read today the US wants the Scirocco R now too, amazing they don't already have it for some weird reason.

Bain
01-06-2012, 06:44 PM
Not a lot of people are willing to pay 60k for a 2 door fwd turbo vehicle. It will remain a rare beast for some time yet.

Mac135
01-06-2012, 07:14 PM
No disappointment RW, the fact is that our total market for coupes is around 15,000 per annum. Some years are stronger, and i think the combination of the toybaru and Veloster plus th R will see a strong result in 2012.

Even 1,000 R sales, which is more than i think they will sell in a year, on a land mass nearly 20 times the size of the UK will mean they will remain a fairly rare sight, not talking ferrari or Lambo rare but in the context of national fleet of Falcons, Commodores, the Japanese brands and Koreans they will be rarie(ish) at least.

Even compared to the Golf (annual sales around 25,000) or Tiguan (12,000 annual sales) the R numbers will be small.

What share of the total output from the factory do you think (or know) are R spec cars?

RW1
02-06-2012, 06:23 AM
Don't know the %.

Just looked at MY2013 v My2012 for the R. Its the same car unchanged in build. The only Scirocco model to be untouched, all the rest have some revision to basic electrics. First time since October 2009.

Mac135
02-06-2012, 09:22 AM
Oh well, it was just something that piqued my interest. Can safely say that apart from a few private imports all of our are R's.

Was up your way (comparatively) a fortnight ago at Wlmslow and Stockport. Lots of Roc's on the trip along the M6 and A14 back to Cambridge.

tee_off
02-06-2012, 01:52 PM
Not much more to offer I'm afraid. No source quoted for the number. The link is here:

Volkswagen Scirocco GTS celebrates 30 years | Car Advice (http://www.caradvice.com.au/174894/volkswagen-scirocco-gts-celebrates-30-years/)

Anybody have access to VFacts?

If my calculations are correct that means around 4,300 coupe sales in the first four month of the year or about 14,000 for the year which is similar to last year when I saw the numbers published on Ausmotive. Assuming a full year (which I don't because some of the 269 cars will have been long lead orders) that means 850 or so Sciroccos on the road by year end.

The other 94%? I guess there will be the usual selection of Audi TT's, A5's, BMW 1,3 and 6 series, Porsche, Renault Megane (I also read somewhere that Australia is the third biggest market for the Megane coupes after France and Germany), Mercedes C Coupe, Nissan 370, Peugeot RCX etc plus the new Hyundai Veloster and then the exotics from Bentley, Aston, Maserati, Ferrari, Lambo etc.

The Toyota 86/BRZ may boost those numbers a bit when it arrives from next month.

Thanks Mac! The article says 6% in the <$80,000 "sport car" segment which I suppose covers everything from a Swift Sport to WRX STI. Either way I like the rarity of the Scirocco, although 269 is more than I thought

Andych
02-06-2012, 03:04 PM
Thanks Mac! The article says 6% in the <$80,000 "sport car" segment which I suppose covers everything from a Swift Sport to WRX STI. Either way I like the rarity of the Scirocco, although 269 is more than I thought

I was told 400 would be the expected figure for the 12 month period from release.
Unless someone has inside info from VWA we will never know.

RW1
02-06-2012, 11:16 PM
Was up your way (comparatively) a fortnight ago at Wlmslow and Stockport. Lots of Roc's on the trip along the M6 and A14 back to Cambridge.

You mean you travelled all that way and stop 3 miles short of Scirocco Central :facepalm:

Hey, I bet they were all white ones as well! lol Thats all I ever see.

Mac135
03-06-2012, 05:57 PM
At least half on them were white plus a few green.

Didn't realise I was quite so close. Back again in July probably. Was trying to coincide a trip with GTI International but both these trips are falling either side. Missed the Duxford airshow too by a week. Not too happy about that either.

quozl
08-06-2012, 03:48 PM
If you're waiting for the delivery of your Scirocco it might pay to have a look for any dents :facepalm:

Posted by a mate on his Facebook page who is a ships pilot in Melbourne with the caption " Really sorry about the dents in your new Porsche sir, but the pilot said it was really rough out there!" The pics were taken exiting the Rip at Port Phillip Heads.

http://www.users.on.net/~quozl/392493_10150958101397460_1265599482_n.jpg
http://www.users.on.net/~quozl/579949_10150958103697460_532577220_n.jpg

Cheers Al

rbalech
30-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Got mine today... Idium gray dsg. I'm in love..... 2 quick questions, is it okay to drive the thing in sports mode all the time? And should I not drive it hard until the engine is run in ? How long will that take...

quozl
30-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Got mine today... Idium gray dsg. I'm in love..... 2 quick questions, is it okay to drive the thing in sports mode all the time? And should I not drive it hard until the engine is run in ? How long will that take...

Drive it like you stole it from day one, the engines are run in at the engine factory to well in excess of any RPM you will likely ever take it.

RoccoR
06-07-2012, 08:39 AM
Pick up my Scirocco R today!!! CW DSG

Mac135
06-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Congradulations - will likely see you around

RoccoR
07-07-2012, 12:27 AM
Congradulations - will likely see you around

Thanks mate, probably will. What area of Melbourne are u from?

Mac135
07-07-2012, 01:33 PM
As the profile says - North Caulfield/Armadale.

That's why I thought there might be chance of seeing you around- presume use use Dandenong, High Street, Wattletree or the Monash from time to time?

See you en route!

ultish
07-07-2012, 05:20 PM
hehe went to pick up cake at Burch and Purchese (South Yarra) and saw another rising blue roc parked on the street today :)

gtimonkey
08-07-2012, 11:54 AM
Hi everyone

Just traded my 2006 9N polo gti for a new manual black Scirrocco R.

I have to say that I am enjoying my new car a lot. Loving the engine - I have to admit that I was surprised at how much quicker it felt than my polo (which on paper should keep up at least in terms of power to weight). It seems to be one well sorted FWD car - when I started looking to upgrade I was looking at a Golf R but was swayed by the idea of having something different (there are lots of golfs on the road). I was running a fairly modded polo for a while so I am no stranger to VWWC forum (part of my reason for keeping in the VW family). Looking forward to lots of new adventures with my new ride.

This is my first new car - so I will be trying to resist the urge to mod at least for a while - I have to admit that a retune and big exhaust is very tempting.

RoccOwner
12-07-2012, 08:17 PM
2 more sleepless nights till I get my indium grey dsg Rocco r !!!

IainBest
18-07-2012, 10:14 PM
Collected my Viper Green DSG Scirocco R on Saturday, after nearly 2 months of waiting.
Grin is yet to leave face.

anarchycamp
21-07-2012, 04:54 PM
Haven't been on here for a while!

My Candy White Scirocco R with DSG, Sunroof and Dynaudio should be arriving in late October. Obviously, cant wait!

Mac135
21-07-2012, 08:29 PM
Which dealer did you getbit through? [/SIZE]

The reason i ask is this was the time my original order indium was due but thanks to a dealer swap was able to take delivery back in April.

hope you are enjoying it

n_dub
24-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Hi all,

Picking up my New roc on Friday traded in my mk6 GTi for it and cannot wait!

Looking at doing a stage 1 apr upgrade wanting to know if thisis the best way to go for a first up power upgrade?

she_dub
25-07-2012, 04:54 PM
Hi all,

Picking up my New roc on Friday traded in my mk6 GTi for it and cannot wait!

Looking at doing a stage 1 apr upgrade wanting to know if thisis the best way to go for a first up power upgrade?

Hello!

Firstly, congratulations! What colour?

Now, an ECU flash is the best bang for your buck upgrade you can do.

Any modifications after that have diminishing returns.. Not that it stops us at all ;)

n_dub
25-07-2012, 05:23 PM
Hello,

Its a candy white, no options would of liked to have the pana roof but this was a cancelled order and i couldn't wait 6 plus months just for a roof, So i took what i could find for a great deal!

ECU flash will def be done just to squeeze a little more power out of her plus ill probably get the rims even tho its becoming a little common it just makes her look better imo.

djchuckles
25-07-2012, 10:47 PM
Hello,

Its a candy white, no options would of liked to have the pana roof but this was a cancelled order and i couldn't wait 6 plus months just for a roof, So i took what i could find for a great deal!

ECU flash will def be done just to squeeze a little more power out of her plus ill probably get the rims even tho its becoming a little common it just makes her look better imo.

Good choice - I went CW but specced it - DSG plus Dynaudio so still waiting - it's on the ship now apparently - due in Oz mid Sept! Mind you I got what I felt was a cracker of a deal too - $51500

djchuckles
25-07-2012, 10:48 PM
Haven't been on here for a while!

My Candy White Scirocco R with DSG, Sunroof and Dynaudio should be arriving in late October. Obviously, cant wait!

Where did you order from? And if you don't mind me asking - what price? I got same car as you except no sunroof

weetbix
04-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Where did you order from? And if you don't mind me asking - what price? I got same car as you except no sunroof

I would be interested to know aswell, I'm looking at the same spec but in Black.
djchuckles which dealer did you order through?

Stik03
04-09-2012, 05:42 PM
Newbie to the forum however have used it quite a bit in tracking my rocco. Ordered a fully loaded CW (audio package, sunroof,satnav & dsg) on the 09/07/2012 from my local dealer. Tracked it all the way (thanks to this site) from Germany to here and have been told today by the dealer that i should have it Thursday/Friday. It will be a long couple of days!!

djchuckles
04-09-2012, 06:16 PM
Chatswood Classic for me - due next week

Trouble is i've moved to QLD now so they gonna transport it to me at their cost, unregistered.

They've adjusted the price down to $49028. That sound right (once i've added my rego, ctp costs etc.)

Stik03
05-09-2012, 05:06 PM
Car pick up at 5:00pm tomorrow from my dealer. He said Friday I said I can't handle two more sleeps knowing it's 10km's away!! As my last car was a black GTI Pirelli (which i loved) can't wait to drive it and compare.. Only thing I need to decide now is what colour the wheels are to be painted. Looking at either satin bronze, satin, mate black or gloss... I will decide once i really study the car myself and with my painter.

kazmeyers
06-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Car pick up at 5:00pm tomorrow from my dealer. He said Friday I said I can't handle two more sleeps knowing it's 10km's away!! As my last car was a black GTI Pirelli (which i loved) can't wait to drive it and compare.. Only thing I need to decide now is what colour the wheels are to be painted. Looking at either satin bronze, satin, mate black or gloss... I will decide once i really study the car myself and with my painter.

You've had the car for nearly 4 hours now... hope you got it out of the Melbourne rain! xD

Stik03
07-09-2012, 01:13 PM
You've had the car for nearly 4 hours now... hope you got it out of the Melbourne rain! xD

Just in time!!!! Spent most of the night in the garage playing around and taking it all in.. Weather will be terrible until late Saturday so won't be doing much driving. But at least I have it, it's mine and it looks amazing.

kazmeyers
07-09-2012, 03:29 PM
Just in time!!!! Spent most of the night in the garage playing around and taking it all in.. Weather will be terrible until late Saturday so won't be doing much driving. But at least I have it, it's mine and it looks amazing.

:))))))))))

shimee
07-09-2012, 08:50 PM
I picked up my 2012 Candy White Manual tonight. No options for me - I am a massive fan of Dynaudio (have their speakers throughout my home) so wanted to get that system however I know I can do better on my own so avoided the delivery delays. Off to the audio store tomorrow :)
To give some idea of how I arrived at this car - I test drove Evo X; C30 R-Design; WRX; WRX STI; Megane RS250 Trophy. I am averse to the look of the Golf so whilst I knew if I drove that I would probably love it, I wanted to avoid it and when I found the Scirocco and drove it I knew instantly it was the right car.
By the way - the Megane broke down on the test drive. Brand new RS250, 51Km on clock something blew and it overheated on the test drive. Hard to get over that no matter how brilliant the drive was.
Anyway - so glad to have chosen this car.

Dizzydumb
03-10-2012, 04:41 PM
As posted in the newbie section,

I just received my demo black roc yesterday (Satnav option only). Very happy with the looks of it. Spent the afternoon reading the manuals and playing with the functions. Still letting the overwhelming feeling settle at the moment.
Oh i can't seem to get the side mirrors to tilt down when reversing. will hit the search button and see what I can find.
Nice to meet u all, and hope to get some tips and pointers! Cheers!

Andych
03-10-2012, 05:34 PM
Welcome aboard...
to get the Passengers mirror to tilt down... make sure it is selected in the MFD and make sure the door switch is turned to the correct position...it needs to be in the left hand adjusting position...
The best fun is in the driving.... as they say... drive it like you stole it :banana:

BLAKROC
03-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Welcome to the club, will have to keep an eye out for another black roc around town :)

I just received my demo black roc yesterday (Satnav option only). Very happy with the looks of it. Spent the afternoon reading the manuals and playing with the functions. Still letting the overwhelming feeling settle at the moment.
Oh i can't seem to get the side mirrors to tilt down when reversing. will hit the search button and see what I can find.

Dizzydumb
04-10-2012, 01:03 AM
Welcome to the club, will have to keep an eye out for another black roc around town :)

Hi Greggo,

Would be great to meet up and see how the H&R height looks like mate!
Whereabouts are u in Perth?

BLAKROC
04-10-2012, 04:22 PM
PM Sent

kazsiddique
05-10-2012, 12:59 AM
hey just got mune too have the same issue with the reversing mirror... only my left moves.. ohwelll cya ya around lads

Andych
05-10-2012, 06:09 AM
Ummm only the passengers side one is meant to move... I am not sure what the rest of your post means :confused:
hey just got mune too have the same issue with the reversing mirror... only my left moves.. ohwelll cya ya around lads

mr gee
05-10-2012, 05:16 PM
the pax side moves to allow you to see the curb (which you set to) when parallel parking

Goldey
10-10-2012, 01:50 PM
Just bought a new black Scirrico R only have 150km on it so far and wanted to know when the car starts to loosen up? Around how many Km mark?

Goldey
10-10-2012, 01:53 PM
Welcome aboard...
to get the Passengers mirror to tilt down... make sure it is selected in the MFD and make sure the door switch is turned to the correct position...it needs to be in the left hand adjusting position...
The best fun is in the driving.... as they say... drive it like you stole it :banana:
What and where is the "door switch"? As I can't seem to get mine working either.

RW1
11-10-2012, 06:47 AM
He means the Mirror Control knob on the driver's inside door car panel, forward and above the door internal grab handle. You must set up the reverse mirror position while the knob is to the left mirror adjust selection position and reverse gear selected with the ignition on or engine running.

The knob must be in the Left Adjust position for the facility to work. When you drive forward above 15kph, it rise the normal forward driving set position. Select reverse, it dips straight away and stays there until 15kph forward speed is passed again unless the ignition is switched off.

Goldey
11-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Brilliant!!!!!!!! Working now. Thanks so much for your help.

Toy86
16-10-2012, 08:03 PM
Thought I would make an Introduction.

Name is Sean. 23 From Sydney. Have been working may ass of for the last 18 months with plenty of over time with my mind set on one thing! A brand spanking new car with some real class. I have waited and waited and time has finally come

Just put a down payment on a new 6sp Manual Scirocco R, Pick up on Friday

Black with pana roof, No other options although I would have loved the dynaudio package.

Cant wait to pick up the car.

Looking forward to building new friendships with people on the forum and gaining experience from the best of enthusiasts.

Promise to put up photo's ASAP.

cant wait to give her a good break in over the weekend, and from the many posts concerning the topic the biggest points seem to be :

- Drive it like I stole it but try not to rev past 5k??
- Lots of load up hills (high gear with lower revs) ??
- No highways until 500kms? - Not to sure about this as I have to drive down to Canberra on Monday, it has me a bit worried

any pointers would be much appreciated.

Regards!

JohnA
30-10-2012, 11:58 AM
Sean

congrats on the car mate, think you will be loving it.

As for running in, many threads on it, but simply dont baby it mate, i just drive them fairly hard from the get go, never had an issue

Toy86
30-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Sean

congrats on the car mate, think you will be loving it.

As for running in, many threads on it, but simply dont baby it mate, i just drive them fairly hard from the get go, never had an issue

Thanks JohnA

I have had the car for nearly 2 weeks now and LOVING it!, I was able to put 300 Km's of solid driving on some good roads before driving her back down to Canberra for work and have done another trip home and back again since, 1500 km's on the clock now. Checked the oil yesterday and no oil has been used.

Unfortunately I have only a 2-3 minutes drive to work in Canberra so I have not been giving her too much of a hammering as car doesn't even get to warm up. Will make sure to do a nice drive this weekend though.

Sorry no Photos yet - I have not had chance to take any nice ones, will make it my priority. Got the car Opti-Guarded on the weekend, It looks so good.

If anyone is interested I can highly recommend Frank @ BrightShine Car Detailing in Sydney - He did an amazing job with 6 hours of prep before the opti coat went on, Great guy, very friendly and professional, He even lent me his buffing tools/products to use on our other cars whist he was there(free of charge). Oh and he comes to your house!

Cheers

JohnA
23-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Well i picked my one up today

Only had to wait a month for it, as the dealer was able to secure one already on the boat on its way here.
its a my13

white
6 speed manual
dynaudio
roof
sat nav

absolutely loving it.

Coming off a mk vi gti with dsg, i must admit, i wasnt too sure if i made the right choice going back to manual, but after a bit of a spirited drive today, i am glad i went back the the manual gearboxes.

Going to give it its first wash after dinner tonight then take some pics.

Plans for it at the moment

vinyl wrap the roof and spoiler in gloss black to match the panoramic roof
tint the front windows
lower it, anti sway bars and anti lift kit

no performance mods for at least a year

Rocco_R
05-12-2012, 10:21 PM
I am about to do the same mods as yours John, imo handling is very important for this toy before starting to add on more power, also would be good to get used to its power for a bit before putting in a chip for example so that we can really tell the difference I guess :-)

bigbadrat
13-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Anyone done an order for one of these bad boys recently? I've been told that the next shipment is April2013...that's. long ways away...

Mac135
14-12-2012, 07:06 AM
Waiting for the car takes both longer than you think and less than you imagine it might. Plenty of us on here had a similar wait this time last year (my car was delivered on April 28th).

If you can't find what you want from stock then there's only one choice......do the time. You'll find jan to march will fly by but April wil drag on and on

bigbadrat
14-12-2012, 08:01 AM
guess i'll just have to wait it out...
All stock available were green/silver no options..
ah well...lets hope it does fly by.

JohnA
14-12-2012, 09:57 AM
i wasnt prepared to wait, i guess i was just lucky they had one on the boat in the specs i wanted...
otherwise would have looked at something else.

I dont like waiting, 1 month is ok, but not 4+

kazmeyers
14-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Had to wait 6-months as well. Friend had to wait 10 months for Golf R that he picked up a month ago.

Beer Baron
14-12-2012, 10:52 AM
go and talk to nathan at bill buckle in brookvale (he's a mate of mine. tell him richard sent you).

I know they have a couple in stock. it might be tough if you want a 6mt version though, they do not order so many of those as most buyers go DSG these days.

I just bought one. went into chatswood classic cars on impulse and had a look and they had a brand new indium/DSG/dyn/navi combo in stock from a cancelled order. made a deal and bought it.

you should also be able to get a better deal on a car in stock vs ordering. there is no real incentive for them to discount a car that doesn't exist yet. but something sitting in the showroom they will deal. especially since it's near EOY (means all these 2012 build cars are about to turn 1 year old).

a week ago at brookvale they definitely had an indium with DSG and navi.

Beer Baron
14-12-2012, 10:54 AM
guess I should make a post here too.

I've received my scirocco R. I didn't order but (as above) bought one off the floor that was a cancelled order. got a pretty good deal and it has the audio and navi (no pani roof but didn't particularly want one either).

they are a great little car. I've had some fast cars and the 'rocco is not super powerful but still a properly quick street car. great fun to drive and comes with all the nice options (electric seat adjustment would be nice though).

so if you see my indium grey driving along feel free to give a wave or flash or whatever scirocco owners do. :)

pic of the little fella:

http://imageshack.us/a/img546/1289/roccor1.jpg

bigbadrat
14-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Barloworld 5dock gave me a pretty sweet deal (though I had a friend with me doing more of the bargaining than I did) brought it down to a pretty good deal for a car still in line to be made. I guess that's what I have to pay to get a good car cheap..4-5months wait..back to my civic (ugh)..

alanzidane
14-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Got mine about 3 weeks ago. I'll take some good shot later and post it here.

Mac135
14-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Nice looking car....and no waiting. That has to be a win.