PDA

View Full Version : NSW: VCDS Cable KII-USB or HEX-USB+CAN

GTiPilot
02-04-2012, 02:58 PM
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a Polo GTi and have ordered various parts for it which should all be coming in soon.

I'd really like to use a VCDS cable to log some parameters of beofre and after each individual mod and share the results with everyone here. (Which ones are best to log without adding too many so as to avoid reducing the sample rate? Or is it best to do a few runs using the same conditions with different parameters?)

I live at Copacabana on the NSW Central Coast/Gosford and am wondering if theres anyone in the area or interstate that I can borrow or rent a cable from in order to do this. I'm happy to pay a small fee and postage if required.

Cheers,

Scott

h100vw
02-04-2012, 03:45 PM
Most of the relevant info can be got from 020 031 and 115. That gives you Boost, Timing pull and Lambda.

A full set of logs for tuning purposes would be runs looking at 2 31 and 99, 3 20 and 22, 3 115 and 118, 115 112 and 118 if you have egt and then idle adaptation on 32 and 11 which will highlight air leaks.

A goog thing to log if you are doing and intercooler change would be intake ait temps but I can't remember the numbers off the top of my head..

I have a spare cable you can borrow but it's out and about at the moment. Can probably get it you for Easter.

Gavin

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a Polo GTi and have ordered various parts for it which should all be coming in soon.

I'd really like to use a VCDS cable to log some parameters of beofre and after each individual mod and share the results with everyone here. (Which ones are best to log without adding too many so as to avoid reducing the sample rate? Or is it best to do a few runs using the same conditions with different parameters?)

I live at Copacabana on the NSW Central Coast/Gosford and am wondering if theres anyone in the area or interstate that I can borrow or rent a cable from in order to do this. I'm happy to pay a small fee and postage if required.

Cheers,

Scott

Ryan_R
02-04-2012, 07:49 PM
A cheap ($15) bluetooth OBDII EBD adapter and a cheap ($4) Android app ('Torque') is a good entry level way to access this info, perhaps not with a fantastic sample rate compared to the HEX VCDS cable, but if you do some YouTube searches you could see if it's suitable.