PDA

View Full Version : Value of a Golf Mk1

tassie_euro_mk1
15-03-2006, 09:16 AM
Just wondering what the value of a Golf MK1 is.

There are a few for sale but they vary is price. Ive seen some for as high as $4500 for a close to standard 4 door GLS.
I know it depends on the condition, but can one get away with $4500??

I ask becouse I wouldnt mind knowing the value of my MK1.

Interior is in great condition, great hoodlining, original carpets, very clean. The exterior is in good condition also (see pics).
Motor is lightly modified with approx 30,000km on the clock.

It is not for sale as yet. But if anyone would know the value it would be you guys.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

GoLfMan
15-03-2006, 10:32 AM
as you said it depends on condition. we got a few mint ones in melb that want $2500 for them and no one is touching them... everything depends on supply and demand, you can ask as much as you want for it but if someones gunna buy it is the next question :) . take Golfwise for example.. he got $10,000 for a Mk1. its just wat people are prepared to pay thats all.

EndlessMKI
15-03-2006, 12:16 PM
as you said it depends on condition. we got a few mint ones in melb that want $2500 for them and no one is touching them... everything depends on supply and demand, you can ask as much as you want for it but if someones gunna buy it is the next question :) . take Golfwise for example.. he got $10,000 for a Mk1. its just wat people are prepared to pay thats all.

hahha serious?...........any pics of it?

GoLfMan
15-03-2006, 01:34 PM
youd have to ask the Wise one yourself :wink:

86gti
11-04-2006, 10:41 PM
a pretty neat 4 door sold not long ago near my place for 1200 bux :-S
I would have been interested but i am after a 2 door..
its a bit hart to put a price on a car with a form of cult following...
ppl who want them will pay for them....bit like the ae86 toyota sprinter prices lately!!!!.......few years ago your old 4a series sprinter sold for around 2g.....now cause of the rice age and Initial D the price has trippled :-S....

so someone please make a movie or a cartoon series featuring golfs .....
lol :-P

GoLfMan
11-04-2006, 11:09 PM
after i buy a few more :lol:

Itshercabriolet
03-05-2006, 12:30 PM
My daughter had an accident in my 79 GLD ( we haven't let her drive the cabrio) and the other car's insurer paid $1700 and gave me the car back. So they think its worth lots of $$$. I had told them that the car had truck loads spent on the motor and surounding bits.
I am not advocating you smash your car up to get a good price ut it gives an idea of value as a wreck :) :twisted: I have now bought another body and will be slowly putting the good stuff from the wreck into it. :D