PDA

View Full Version : Bora V5 issues

VeeDubbin
17-07-2007, 08:11 PM
Hey guys,
wondering if someone can assist with problems i'm experiencing in my Bora V5.

Basically on very light acceleration i'm hearing a pinging/ticking noise coming from the engine- obviously i can only hear this on quiet streets at night when there is no noise at all. It is also occuring on low acceleration when the engine is under load- i.e. going up inclines etc.

I'm also noticing the auto gear changes are becoming "not as smooth" as they should. for e.g. sometimes it may go in a higher gear when not necesary, causing the car to become sluggish. sometimes when changing into 2nd/3rd its a very noticable transition, and the car lunges slightly. There is no odd or strange noises coming from the gearbox also.

If anyone can assist it would be greatly appreciated.

James.

gpk_gti
17-07-2007, 10:23 PM
hey james,
might have some trouble finding someone here that has knowledge of this model.what area are you from?? have you got any good mechs your way??

h100vw
17-07-2007, 10:33 PM
Got to be an ECU scan to start off with. No point in guessing when there is a good chance that the ECU can shed some light on the problem.

I would consider trying higher octane petrol too, next time you fill up.

Something else to consider would be the MAF, airflow meter. It could be that it isn't measuring airflow correctly, there are a common failure item but don't throw ECU codes usually. You can see the airflow with VAG-COM.

Gavin

VeeDubbin
18-07-2007, 08:07 PM
hey james,
might have some trouble finding someone here that has knowledge of this model.what area are you from?? have you got any good mechs your way??

Hey mate, i'll be taking it via Seb in the very near future. Hopefully its nothing major.
I'm confident once its hooked up to the vagcom it should point out the issue.

SOHC
29-07-2007, 07:37 PM
does it sound like plastics knocking? or door trims etc.?
I'm driving a V5 as well and I've go those sounds from the dash or engine bay I dunno:???:

SoVeReIgN
30-07-2007, 11:22 AM
Could be worth using BP Ultimate for a tank or two and seeing if it makes any difference (To the engine noises, not the transmission :p)

Wino
31-07-2007, 12:35 PM
Had the same tranny problem on my wifes V5 .. it was a warenty job.. something to do with a fuse or ecu .. it wasn't a big deal to get fixed

VeeDubbin
03-08-2007, 10:27 PM
Had the same tranny problem on my wifes V5 .. it was a warenty job.. something to do with a fuse or ecu .. it wasn't a big deal to get fixed

Hey there mate, can you elaborate on this at all ?
Interisting because at first thought i believed it may have been an ECU related issue.
Do you know exactly wat was the issue and how it was resolved ?

Wino
05-08-2007, 10:40 PM
Hey there mate, can you elaborate on this at all ?
Interisting because at first thought i believed it may have been an ECU related issue.
Do you know exactly wat was the issue and how it was resolved ?

sorry, can't help with any more detail other than the gear changes were umm.. *****.. all over the place (very slow changing up and down.. trying to start off in 3rd gear ... that kinda stuff)
She took it in and the techs knew about it... they reset something IIRC