PDA

View Full Version : T3 centre row seat covers

BigWhiteT3
16-07-2007, 05:41 PM
My first post here as I have only been in the drivers seat of my '91 T3 Transporter for less than a month. I am absolutely loving it! Can't believe I am 42 and this is my first VW, now I'm a total convert.:)

Always the simple things that give you problems - I have grey / black interior a brown centre row of seats (one seat folds down for rear access) and I need some seat covers. Problem is no one seems to have them off the shelf. Just wondering if anyone can give me a few pointers as to where I can source some.

All the best

Ash

phaeton
16-07-2007, 06:35 PM
Welcome to VWwA Ash j:

What kind of seat covers ? VW Equipped ones ?? they may hard to find :(

Good Luck

BigWhiteT3
16-07-2007, 09:01 PM
Anything that fits and suits with the colour scheme is fine by me...

Ash

melissa
17-07-2007, 12:03 AM
You might have to go into a motor spare parts place and get them made. I had a set of 3 rows made back in 2003 for my T4. Very happy with those but they will probably cost you close to $150 per row.
Now for the cheap option... go to Supercheap Auto (yes, I hear your groans of displeasure everyone...) and buy a cheap set on special of large bench seat covers for around $20..get someone with a sewing machine to sew a couple of pieces of stretch fabric and elastic and you end up with a cover...it might not last forever but it covers your seat for little cash.

These are the T4 ones..
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/07/RIMG1966-2.jpg

I cant find a photo at the moment of the one I did for the 85... My next mission will be this one..it has the fold forward seats on both sides!
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/07/Image006-2.jpg

BigWhiteT3
17-07-2007, 09:30 AM
Thanks Melissa.

I like the red seat covers. Are they Sperling and did you get them made based on seat measurements you supplied or was it a case of just letting them know the model of bus you had?

Mine are very similar to the lower pic (except in brown vinyl).

Ash

melissa
17-07-2007, 09:55 AM
Hmmm..sorry I don't remember the exact brand of my T4 covers..they were through Pep Parts here in Newcastle. I just told them what model it was, they already had all the specifications. I had to go back and get another set of front covers made as I replaced the bench seat with a single passenger seat. In the meantime they had discontinued the red fabric...I was very lucky they still had enough to do one pair...although I had a bit of a whinge..they wanted to charge me over $150 for a pair...now these covers were exactly the same as what you could buy off the shelf...a highback bucket seat with sep headrests for about $59.95... robbers :mad:...so they ended up charging me $130 for the pair... oh well :???:

WEDEL.1
17-07-2007, 11:18 AM
I love those seat covers Melissa.

Maris

Seano
17-07-2007, 03:20 PM
As an alternative to seat covers (mine in the T4 are canvas made by www.candycanvas.com.au) go and have a yarn to a motor trimmer. You can get the brown vinyl recoloured if you'd like.....or you could get the interier retrimmed. Sure the latter ain't cheap but then neither is a new van.......

melissa
17-07-2007, 03:35 PM
Thanks Maris..they are pretty special !!! LOL.. the colours are perfect ;)