PDA

View Full Version : Fabia $18990 drive away

VAG newbie
01-03-2012, 08:31 PM
See, as I predicted. Skoda was way too optimistic with the Fabia pricing at $18990. Now they can't sell it so thy have to throw in ORC for free! That represent almost $4000 saving! After this, they will throw in more equipments and lower the price.

Same goes with the Yeti TSI at $26990 driveaway.

Only problem is, it says no option added, which is tricky. My local dealer have a few with alloy wheel, swing radio added in already. Does that mean these stock car can't benefit from the driveaway deal?

Wonder if the Monte Carlo is eligible. At $21990 driveaway, Monte Carlo will be a very good deal! (except I can't drive manual.....)

aware
02-03-2012, 08:03 AM
Only problem is, it says no option added, which is tricky. My local dealer have a few with alloy wheel, swing radio added in already. Does that mean these stock car can't benefit from the driveaway deal?

Wonder if the Monte Carlo is eligible. At $21990 driveaway, Monte Carlo will be a very good deal! (except I can't drive manual.....)

Not a bad price for the Fabia - certainly makes it an even better proposition if you are after a car like that. However, if you can't add options, it's not as good of a deal. I'd at least want alloys on one if I bought one.

I see Europcar are now using Fabias as well.

woofy
02-03-2012, 08:41 AM
I see Europcar are now using Fabias as well. Wish they would bring back the OCtys, they were really popular even if they just used the 90TSI ones to save money getting them. Anything is better than the Cruzes. I just booked a large car as the stuff I carry doesn't fit in a Cruze boot and they now have Passats for their large cars in place of SV6 commodores...WTF....they may as well have kept the Superbs, they were at least more functional and cheaper.

BluChris
02-03-2012, 09:17 AM
My take on the 'no options added' is that it means this is the price drive away without options. The fine print says March only, dealer stock only. So if the dealer has one with a different coloured roof and alloys for eg, you have to take it as is and pay for the options (depending on your negotiating skills).

Now if only they would keep it permanently drive away at this price or better, they might get some traction. I still struggle with the VWA claim that though they bring in a base model Fabia (Octavia, Yeti, Superb, Roomster) they aren't after volume sales. Why do it? They are designed to be volume sellers. It beggars belief that enough people would say 'yes, I want a base Fabia at a premium to the Japanese products and within cooee of the Polo' for them to get sales and make money. Even at these $ for Fabia, the Jazz Vibe for $18k with cruise, alloys and climate is a better deal to 99% of the population.

If they don't want volume and don't want a competitive price, how about spicing up the base model with inclusions like the roof and alloys so it is a properly differentiated niche model with a USP as VWA seem to want Skoda to be? Yes, I know that's almost a Monte Carlo so maybe drop the base model altogether? The only Fabia I've ever seen on road was a Monte Carlo...

VAG newbie
02-03-2012, 06:02 PM
My take on the 'no options added' is that it means this is the price drive away without options. The fine print says March only, dealer stock only. So if the dealer has one with a different coloured roof and alloys for eg, you have to take it as is and pay for the options (depending on your negotiating skills).

Now if only they would keep it permanently drive away at this price or better, they might get some traction. I still struggle with the VWA claim that though they bring in a base model Fabia (Octavia, Yeti, Superb, Roomster) they aren't after volume sales. Why do it? They are designed to be volume sellers. It beggars belief that enough people would say 'yes, I want a base Fabia at a premium to the Japanese products and within cooee of the Polo' for them to get sales and make money. Even at these $ for Fabia, the Jazz Vibe for $18k with cruise, alloys and climate is a better deal to 99% of the population.

If they don't want volume and don't want a competitive price, how about spicing up the base model with inclusions like the roof and alloys so it is a properly differentiated niche model with a USP as VWA seem to want Skoda to be? Yes, I know that's almost a Monte Carlo so maybe drop the base model altogether? The only Fabia I've ever seen on road was a Monte Carlo...

It's possible. If you read the news section on the Skoda website, there is a report about the Fabia models coming in this year. 3 models expected, Monte Carlo with DSG, the RS and Fabia wagon. No mention of base model with DSG as they promised. Since 99% of Aussies will want auto (DSG), this would imply that VWA is betting the Monte as the new base model. The question is price. I won't be surprised to find Monte at $18990, $21490 for the DSG model later this year. However, I would prefer the base Fabia with white roof though, more mini look.

Jake02
02-03-2012, 06:46 PM
It's odd that they'd make the Monte Carlo the only DSG, especially as it isn't even available as a DSG worldwide yet (yet the other 1.2TSI is). It's pathetic in my opinion that the only Fabia autos are the 77TSI and 132TSI...

Brycem
03-03-2012, 08:12 AM
It's odd that they'd make the Monte Carlo the only DSG, especially as it isn't even available as a DSG worldwide yet (yet the other 1.2TSI is). It's pathetic in my opinion that the only Fabia autos are the 77TSI and 132TSI...

Ordinary residents of other much larger markets can drive manuals and don't expect autos in small cars.

The auto obsession (together with piercings, tattoos and the word "awesome") is a sad indictment of the state of this US centric nation.

K1W1
03-03-2012, 09:13 AM
See, as I predicted. Skoda was way too optimistic with the Fabia pricing at $18990.

Looks like those of us who were criticised for saying that it wasn't going to be the sales landslide Skoda were predicting may prove to be correct. Even at this price I can't see it selling in the numbers publicly predicted it's just not a good looking car in a market segment where style is important.

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

I see Europcar are now using Fabias as well.

Most likely because Skoda Australia got desperate and virtually gave them the cars. I wonder how many there are so we can subtract them from the monthly sales figures to see what the real number of Fabia sales are.