PDA

View Full Version : Images and issues with my 2007 V6 Passat

Man In Black (MIB)
15-07-2007, 10:34 AM
Hi Guys,

apologies for being absent for so long from the forum.

Firstly, attached are some images of my pride and joy. I so look forward to driving it. A car like this is not about basic A to B transport. It's a real event.

I do have a couple of issues though. When the car is warm and I'm pulling into a parking spot or using big steering wheel movements at low low speed I get a metalic groan from the fornt end. In either direction and with or without the brakes being applied. Any ideas?

Lastly, I managed to get a flat trye recently (ran over a golf tee coming out of a golf club car park). The tyre pressure monitoring system told me I had low pressure and then a flat tyre but not which one. It may have told me that on the MFD but must have been very sublte as I was more concerned with driving than which trye was going flat. Has any one seen this system activated on the V6 model as I thought it should have told you which tyre was off?

Thanks.

MIB

KI11Z
15-07-2007, 10:54 AM
luvin the ride!!:cool: though im of no help with your issues :(

phaeton
15-07-2007, 07:44 PM
MIB your Passat looks great :D

black1
16-07-2007, 02:17 PM
The tyre pressure system will check the car when it is started up.

On the display it will tell you that you have low tyre pressure for a short period of time and then will go out. it will not tell you the tyre.

You can check again by holding the tyre pressure button down to change fro partial to fully loaded, and it will check the tyres again.

I run mine on fully loaded all the time ie around 300 -310.

Just had my 15k service done and the cost is around the $200 mark.

Hope you enjoy your car.

My car also at low speed ie into carparks etc makes the groaning noise.

Not overally worried about it

vw50
20-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Hello MIB:

Well done on the V6. I've got an 07 TDi-- goes great.

You might be able to help me. In relation to the 'lights/vision' option and set up, the 'coming/leaving home' lights on the new passat, do the lights in the external mirros come on? In my car they don't. The manual suggests they should. The dealer didn't really know either except that it may be an option for the bi-xenon lights???!!! I have the front and front side lights, with rear lights to which i have set for 60 secs to come on. I have read a couple of reviews, where the call the mirror lights 'puddle lights'.

regards,

vw50

Man In Black (MIB)
21-07-2007, 08:47 AM
Hi VW50.

Before I decided on the V6 I rang VW Aust to ask if they were going to release the 4Motion TDI Passat in Aust. They said "No. But what a great idea". That was last year and nothing has happend on that front. I primarily watned the 4Motion system for the road holding safety. Having the TDI engine would have been great from a fuel savings point of view. A 4Motion TDI Passat is an option in the UK so its not like it dones't exist. If it becomes avaliable in the future that is probably what I would replace my car with. That's not to say the V6 is no good. It's actually fantastic. The speed is wonderful. 100 to 140 takes 2-3 secs making overtaking on country roads very safe (another thing I wanted).

As for the lights. My mirror lights do not come on. They flash to indicate the alarm has been turned on or off but that's it. The manual you get with the car is very confusing. I think VW Aust has 'de-spec' the car considerably for the Aust market. Which is very dissappointing when you see what it could have come with.

MIB
:)

vw50
21-07-2007, 12:24 PM
Hello MIB:

Thank you for your reply re my question about the exterior lights. You are right, the manual is 'one size fits all' and you have to work it out. My TDi was an 'order car' and i got the leather. I wish they would have included the rear heated seat with it, as they do it for the front. Too confusing.!!

In relation to your issue with low speed parking, I have not heard any 'metalic' sounds from the front end. The only thing I suggest, is that you ensure the 'auto hold' function (on the console---not the park brake) is 'off'. I say this due to the fact that if its 'on' and you are at low speed and applying the foot brake, the computer may be thinking the car is coming to a 'stop'. THe sound you hear may the brakes, or some other mechanical function that holds the car. I hear a noise ( similar to having all brakes locked on and you are applying power) if i have the function on and backing out of my drive slowly--stop/start etc. ; like its telling you 'make up your mine- are you stopping or what?'

As far as road holding, its excellent. There is no steering torque under power; the ESP ensures everything is right; the chassis is brilliant being rigid; and the Continental 235 45 17 97r w at 38psi all round does a great job.

regards,

VW50

Man In Black (MIB)
24-07-2007, 07:18 PM
Had the oil changed in my 2007 V6 Passat today as I wasn't happy with what it had. I replaced the original Castrol SLX 05W-30 with Castrol Edge 0W-40. A much better oil which provides better protection.

I also put the car in for a metallic groan sound in the front end when slowly driving into car parking spots. The Service Manger knew about this. It appears to only affect V6 Passats and Mk V R32s, as they share the same engine layout and brake system. The Service Manger said that the bolts on the brake callipers were put in wrong and that a 'fix kit' is available. This is what is causing the groan. They kit wasn't available during this service but will be soon. In the interim the fault will not affect anything, particularly breaking.

MIB

black1
27-07-2007, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the info re the noise at the front.

I spoke to my dealer late yesterday afternoon and they didn't know much about it, but I have quoted to them what you were told. they were going to find out about it for me.
What dealer did you speak to, so if need be I can let mine know to get in contact with them.

xcc
10-10-2007, 09:34 PM
MIB and black1.

I've just got my MY07 v6 passat and I am also getting the metallic groan and almost full lock of the wheel.
My service manager also did not know about any fix but did know about the problem. Have you guys made any progress on this?

xc

Nick_80
10-10-2007, 10:47 PM
i could be wrong, but i use to have problems with a magna making a groan, this was due to the power steering belt slipping, or when hitting full lock, sounds familier anyway.. maybe to obvious!

2007 passat looks great btw!

xcc
10-10-2007, 11:05 PM
Thanks nick_80 yeah love my passat and it's only done 2500 km. . . lotsa love left.

Whatever the problem is, it sounds like a design fault or the way a batch was put together, two others on here have experienced it and my dealer knows about it. I was waiting to see if anyone has had it resolved yet before I escalate the matter.

black1
16-10-2007, 08:39 AM
Had the brake caliper kit fitted the first week of the school holidays (day after long weekend).

The noise has gone.
VW have sent a service bulletin to all dealers.

No cost.

This car is simply awesome.

Brother in law has a s60r Volvo.
Passat V6 leaves it shaking in its boots.

firstdub
26-11-2007, 08:01 PM
Likewise the groaning noise on hard lock from the front end of my 3.2 V6 (2007) from new. Sounded like a hydraulic pump spilling excess pressure but trip to dealer has fixed it.

A little more disturbing was a tendency for the ABS to work at very low speed. Fixed with a firmware patch.

Other than that it is by far better car than my last car, a 2001 MB C200K sedan that would have to be the most unreliable car I have ever owned! Performance wise the dub runs rings around it!