PDA

View Full Version : Commission number?

Mac135
27-02-2012, 10:14 PM
As you will see from the signature below my car is still some months away. But........ late last week i got a commission number from the dealer. Any idea what thiis really means?

I ordered the car on january 13 and it is due to land on June 30. Anyone care to guess when it might actually be built? I'm guessing early April that would allow for about 12 weeks shipping and then a couple of weeks to get it through customers and through the dealer?

A july 15 delivery- realistic or not?

AdamD
28-02-2012, 08:19 AM
This thread contains lots of good info, although it'll take you a while to wade through:

http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/forums/f112/how-track-car-you-have-ordered-31644.html

Andych
28-02-2012, 08:33 AM
As you will see from the signature below my car is still some months away. But........ late last week i got a commission number from the dealer. Any idea what thiis really means?

I ordered the car on january 13 and it is due to land on June 30. Anyone care to guess when it might actually be built? I'm guessing early April that would allow for about 12 weeks shipping and then a couple of weeks to get it through customers and through the dealer?

A july 15 delivery- realistic or not?

Get the Dealer to do a screen print from Nadcon... once the Order is "picked up" by the system it will show a build week or an expected build week and that will give you a much better indication of when to expect it.

If you are lucky and it has been scheduled they will be able to tell you the ETA.

Just bear in mind... once the car is built in Portugal it goes via ship to Emden Germany... then over land to Bremerhaven where it finally goes onto the ship to bring it to Aus... it is ONLY when it is on that final ship that you can track it...

Vwphile
28-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Hey, I didn't realise the Roc was built in Portugal. I thought it was made in Germany. What about the GTI and R?

AdamD
28-02-2012, 12:34 PM
Hey, I didn't realise the Roc was built in Portugal. I thought it was made in Germany. What about the GTI and R?

All Mk6s are built in Germany (most, including the GTI and R, are sourced from Wolfsburg). The Scirocco, Eos and 2dr Polo are assembled in Portugal, the Jetta in Mexico, the 4dr Polo in South Africa, etc etc. :)

Mac135
28-02-2012, 09:25 PM
Thanks for that info. I still think i've got some time to wait before we get to VIN stage and tracking using that approach. I guess i still down around process 3 or 4 at this stage!

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

This thread contains lots of good info, although it'll take you a while to wade through:

http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/forums/f112/how-track-car-you-have-ordered-31644.html

Thanks for the link. I think i'm still down around process 3 or 4.

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Get the Dealer to do a screen print from Nadcon... once the Order is "picked up" by the system it will show a build week or an expected build week and that will give you a much better indication of when to expect it.

If you are lucky and it has been scheduled they will be able to tell you the ETA.

Just bear in mind... once the car is built in Portugal it goes via ship to Emden Germany... then over land to Bremerhaven where it finally goes onto the ship to bring it to Aus... it is ONLY when it is on that final ship that you can track it...

Thanks andych - yes i knew the car did a tour of europe before it headed this way. Nadcon is what I needed to know about. I'm just interested to know when it will be built. This week 9 so i'm still thinking week 12-14 if it remains on schedule.

Andych
28-02-2012, 09:34 PM
Mac135... you need to hassle your dealer... as long as the system has picked up the order it will show the build week.
Don't let them fob you off.... I knew my car was being built in week 44 at least 8 weeks prior.. have them give you a screen print from Nadcon.

Mac135
28-02-2012, 10:21 PM
Andych,

Second thing on my to do list tomorrow after walking the dog - the real Mac, a border collie who tells me he is also very keen to find out when his new car is heading down under.