PDA

View Full Version : Jetta catalytic converter fault after 24hrs!

GolfR
27-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Hi Guys,

After what was suppose to be an awesome weekend to cruise around in my brand new Jetta after only 24hrs of owning the vehicle the Catalytic light comes up on the dash.

As any normal person in this situation would feel, pretty peed off. As this is not something you'd expect so soon on a car this new.

I was driving normally and was cautious not to overdo it obviously as it was quite new.

Anyways bringing it into the dealer tomorrow for a diagnosis to determine the exact problem, and it better not be a major fault because this will even annoy me more!

First my partners new GolfR begins overheating after only having it for 1month now this on a new Jetta? Whats going on VW?!!! What happened to quality superior motor vehicles!

Anyone else encounter similar problems with their new VW cars? Or am I one of those unlucky ones.

Cheers,

ch0p
29-02-2012, 08:19 PM
would be just a fauly sensor i bet. happened in my old mk5 jetta after running the air-con too long while being parked.

Mountainman
08-03-2012, 03:52 PM
Anyone else encounter similar problems with their new VW cars? Or am I one of those unlucky ones.

No. You just need to start reading this forum to know what you have experienced is just par for the course. Leaves a bitter taste sometimes if you have been used to cars with a long trouble free life but you have just bought European. Sad when you look at all the positives of the cars and the brand that raise expectations.

frozze
30-03-2012, 06:31 PM
What's the update on this? All good now?

Which model do you have?

Hi Guys,

After what was suppose to be an awesome weekend to cruise around in my brand new Jetta after only 24hrs of owning the vehicle the Catalytic light comes up on the dash.

As any normal person in this situation would feel, pretty peed off. As this is not something you'd expect so soon on a car this new.

I was driving normally and was cautious not to overdo it obviously as it was quite new.

Anyways bringing it into the dealer tomorrow for a diagnosis to determine the exact problem, and it better not be a major fault because this will even annoy me more!

First my partners new GolfR begins overheating after only having it for 1month now this on a new Jetta? Whats going on VW?!!! What happened to quality superior motor vehicles!

Cheers,

buzuki
30-03-2012, 08:40 PM
sounds like it may have just been the DPF light?