PDA

View Full Version : License plate lights monitoring - can it be disabled via VCDS?

kamold
25-02-2012, 09:27 AM
I have a 2011 Skoda Octavia.
Installed some 'CANbus error free' LEDs for the license plate lights which of course throw an error. The same LEDs worked fine in a 2009 A3 and a MkV Golf. So seems the newer cars are more sensitive to the required load on the circuit.

Is it possible to disable monitoring of this circuit via VCDS?
I have tried what I hoped might work by turning off bits 5 and 6 here for module central electrics:
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/6674/centralelectricslongcod.jpg

And restarting the car, however it still throws an error.
Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

benough
26-02-2012, 08:43 AM
When I have tried switching of the Cold Lamp monitoring in VCDS I've never seen any change.

revivor
26-02-2012, 09:51 AM
There is another set of cold lamp diag bits settings. Can't remember where but there are a whole lot of bits to enable/disable cold diag for all the diff lamps in the car.
That may need disabling as well.
Sorry but i forgot which category. May help by just scrolling through the instruments section.

kamold
26-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Hi revivor,
I had a look through all controllers under instruments and central electrics in both coding and adaptation channels, can't find anything that looks like it relates to the license plate lights.

If you have managed to disable the monitoring via a coding change I would really appreciate it if you could find it whenever you get the chance.

revivor
26-02-2012, 07:40 PM
I found a link to some screen shots of the setting that i was talking about here. Think its in the Central Electronics.

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/p/398361/2734684.aspx

Might have to wait till the weekend to verify which category is that under if that didn't help.

kamold
26-02-2012, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the link.
My central elec module has 29 bytes of coding and none of them look like the ones I need there :(
Byte 18 has a warning to not perform modifications an has a drop down list of car models none of which are mine. It is set to the default setting of 00:lighting: standard / parameter settings (EEPROM).

revivor
27-02-2012, 05:53 AM
I'm not sure if the bits apply to all cars but mine has them (R36). I'll check over the weekend to find which category it's in.