PDA

View Full Version : "Top" button at the bottom of pages

kaanage
17-02-2012, 08:37 AM
This button is basically useless as it forces a reload of the current page, linked to "top" anchor which is placed at the top of each page.

Can it just be altered to run "window.scrollTo(0,0);" as its click event?

The_Hawk
17-02-2012, 11:32 AM
What browser/OS are you using? I have tested the button on Firefox (on a Mac) and it all seems move without reloading anything.

balkanac
17-02-2012, 11:55 AM
What browser/OS are you using? I have tested the button on Firefox (on a Mac) and it all seems move without reloading anything.

IE 9 on windows 7 works fine. The page jupms to the top

geoff_gti
19-02-2012, 03:45 PM
or you could just press the Home key...

Tim
19-02-2012, 03:50 PM
I think the issue is that if you have pressed the "top" button, then scroll down. You cant press the top button again. It does work the first time though.

geoff_gti
19-02-2012, 04:02 PM
I think the issue is that if you have pressed the "top" button, then scroll down. You cant press the top button again. It does work the first time though.

Nope, that works for me too. IE 9 Win7Pro. Clicking the button should just move the page to the #top anchor point at anytime (which it did for me).

Tim
19-02-2012, 04:05 PM
Ahh ok im using google chrome.

Just tried it in firefox and IE and it works fine.
The issue in chrome doesnt really bother me though. Cant say i even knew there was a top button until this thread :D

salrom
19-06-2014, 08:57 AM
I'm having the same problem every time I go to a thread I have posted to and click to read a reply I'm sent to the start of the Thread some years before my post some times it opens a new tab at the start or the thread.
it's making it impossible for me to read replies or respond any suggestions on how to solve this?
I'm using IE 9 on Win 7 Ultimate.

salrom
19-06-2014, 08:59 AM
I forgot to add that when I receive an email for a reply and I click on the reply the same thing happens I,m sent to the start of the thread not the reply.

geoff_gti
16-09-2014, 01:26 AM
I gave up on IE ages ago, jumped to Chrome. It's so much faster to load pages!