PDA

View Full Version : Hey fellow dubbers!

Freemo
13-02-2012, 07:47 AM
Hello guys, my name is Freemo. Found u guys online. Just picked up a new Amarok Highline at the end of January. Got issues with it already.

Freemo
13-02-2012, 08:14 AM
Hi guys, got my shiny new Amarok Highline at the end of last month, jeez it was awesome to drive. Then unfortunately at 583Kms it decided to become a steam engine blowing steam out the exhaust :( Anyway dropped it off at the dealer (who has now had it longer than i have), who said it was an EGR valve, then said it was not that but an engine replacement after they were speaking to VW Technical. 2 week wait for a newy from Germany.
Lucky i wasnt on a trip or the missus was alone with the kids. Is there anyone who has heard of or experienced this, coz at the moment my dealer is saying im the only bloke in the world with this problem!

Freemo
08-05-2012, 10:36 AM
Hi guys, got my shiny new Amarok Highline at the end of last month, jeez it was awesome to drive. Then unfortunately at 583Kms it decided to become a steam engine blowing steam out the exhaust :( Anyway dropped it off at the dealer (who has now had it longer than i have), who said it was an EGR valve, then said it was not that but an engine replacement after they were speaking to VW Technical. 2 week wait for a newy from Germany.
Lucky i wasnt on a trip or the missus was alone with the kids. Is there anyone who has heard of or experienced this, coz at the moment my dealer is saying im the only bloke in the world with this problem!

Hi guys
Been a little while since this post, but i'm pleased to say that we have a brand new 'Rok' and things couldn't be better!
After the troubles we had, my Dealer and VW Australia came together and we received a brand new Amarok with our extras fitted. The Dealership has been most helpful during this time. The new Rok has nearly done 5000Kms without a hitch. Our confidence is high with this vehicle and the wife loves driving it and so do i. All in all great to be part of the "Wolfpack" (Amarok = Wolf in Inuit mythology, geddit?) again.

Transporter
08-05-2012, 09:21 PM
That's a great result, credit to your dealer and VW. The way it should always be.
I hope it's all smooth sailing from now on. :)

Freemo
14-05-2013, 10:06 AM
Hi guys
Just an update on my amarok, done over 30K kms and going strong. Just wondering what an average 30k kms service cost might be? Mine was over $500.00. I know buying a VW would have a premium service cost but is this about right or not?? Nice to find out, thanks guys.