PDA

View Full Version : '09 Touareg Remote Boot Release.

alexaescht
10-02-2012, 06:59 PM
Hi everyone,

One of my friends has an '09 Touareg V6 TDI and I played around with it the other day and noticed that the switch on the drivers side door for the boot release does nothing. The same thing happens if you press and hold the boot release button on the key fob, that being nothing. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Alex

alex g
10-02-2012, 07:33 PM
Check the mfd control menus , think I saw something regarding boot opening and unlocking.

alexaescht
10-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Check the mfd control menus , think I saw something regarding boot opening and unlocking.

Thanks, I looked at the menus but I couldn't see anything about the boot.

Flipper Dog
11-02-2012, 08:12 AM
Unless you have the remote opening boot option (that has an additional switch on the inside lower drivers side boot door) you will find that what you have found is the release switch inside the vehicle that only allows you the release/unlock function.
On the key the boot opening botton (centre one) will allow you to unlock just the boot if the car is locked, when you close it again it will then lock.

alexaescht
11-02-2012, 09:27 AM
Unless you have the remote opening boot option (that has an additional switch on the inside lower drivers side boot door) you will find that what you have found is the release switch inside the vehicle that only allows you the release/unlock function.
On the key the boot opening botton (centre one) will allow you to unlock just the boot if the car is locked, when you close it again it will then lock.

Ok, yes I thought that might be the case. Thank you.