PDA

View Full Version : Delivery Checklist

Andych
31-01-2012, 04:25 PM
As there have been a couple of nasty little surprises for some when picking up their new Scirocco I figured I would plagiarise the Scirocco Central Thread and modify their Delivery Checklist to suit our cars...
Anyone car to add some points???

1 Check all the optional extras and Ipod cable
2 Check Compressor and bottle of Tyre Sealant in boot
3 Check the condition of all the bodywork, wheels and interior, fog lights for stone chips
4 Marks on wheels from lashing ratchet strap from the transporter lorry
5 Look very carefully for any small dents or chips. Crouch low and look along the sides of the vehicle and all around for anything out of the ordinary. If the car is outside and it has been raining tell the dealer you will be inspecting the car as soon as it is dry as you wouldn't see anything small if wet.
6 Check panel alignment
7 Check the fit of the doors and boot
8 Have a good look at the seats and the fit of all the trim inside.
9 Check the transport blocks have been removed from the suspension springs
10 Manuals in holder and books have been stamped by the dealer
11 Make sure all other documents are in the vehicle wallet
12 Radio security code has been input and you have the number etc
13 Make sure there are no stray rags/cloths in the engine compartment.
14 Check the SatNav works (if specified) and Map disc is included.
15 Check VIN numbers match between the car and documentation
16 Check the service regime
17 Check the bolt caps have been inserted in the holes on the wheels
18 Key adapter for locking wheel nuts (should be in the boot, with the spare wheel)
19 Two keys with remote locking functions, plus plastic key tag - with serial number, for ordering replacement key if necessary.
20 When you get the car home check the tyre pressures once the car has cooled.
21 Drive home with enormous smile on your face and enjoy:driver:

Mac135
31-01-2012, 06:12 PM
A bit premature for me.....I'll come back to this in about, oh july!

tee_off
31-01-2012, 07:52 PM
A bit premature for me.....I'll come back to this in about, oh july!

I'll come back in, er, 2014

sc77
31-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Re point 5, make sure you get the car in natural light and out of the sun when checking for dents! Not always easy to spot in the showroom.

AdamD
01-02-2012, 08:17 AM
http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/forums/f112/new-car-pickup-visual-things-check-39273-6.html#post546245

ZIO
01-02-2012, 12:36 PM
I noticed my bonnet dosnt close as flush as I thought it would - kinda sits up a little bit.... however at dubstitute the other roccos were the same..... known issue?

she_dub
06-02-2012, 07:41 AM
Re point 5, make sure you get the car in natural light and out of the sun when checking for dents! Not always easy to spot in the showroom.

Very important!

My delivery occured under the showroom, what can only be referred to, politely, as a "carpark". I did a thorough walk around and followed AdamD's checklist. It wasn't until a day later, in the sun, that I realised there was some mild build up of some sort around the rear window (perfect rectangle), maybe a sticker or something. It should disappear after a good detail, but it is annoying.

Andych
06-02-2012, 08:32 AM
Very important!

My delivery occured under the showroom, what can only be referred to, politely, as a "carpark". I did a thorough walk around and followed AdamD's checklist. It wasn't until a day later, in the sun, that I realised there was some mild build up of some sort around the rear window (perfect rectangle), maybe a sticker or something. It should disappear after a good detail, but it is annoying.

Do you mean the back window or the side window? Patricks place stickers on them as you can see on the 3/4 window on mine....

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z346/andrewchoake/IMG_0125.jpg

she_dub
06-02-2012, 09:28 AM
Do you mean the back window or the side window? Patricks place stickers on them as you can see on the 3/4 window on mine....

If only it was that. The build up mark is on the body, towards the C-pillar on the left hand side. It's a perfect rectangular shape. It won't give with slight pressure (like a sticker residue / glue mark would), which makes me think it's something to do with the paint / finish.

I've booked it in with Damian @ FI, so it should be resolved.

wai
06-02-2012, 11:40 AM
A couple of (a few) points to add.

1. Check to see that all options or extras have been fitted, or if not fitted, the dealer has recorded they have not and will organise fitting when parts arrive. In my case it was headlight covers.

2. Check to see that the vehicle build and compliance year are what you ordered. Most orders have items that are "deal breakers". Don't accept a vehicle if these deal breaker requirements are not met.

3. Check that you have a full tank of fuel. Many years ago I bought a Torana and the dealer gave me only 5 litres of fuel. I got less than 1 km from the dealership and ran out of petrol. There was not enough to get to the nearest service station.

4. Make sure the invoice correctly states what you have bought.

5. Ask if there are any special requirements regarding the type of fuel and any instructions on running in, etc.

6. Make sure you book in for the first service when you collect the vehicle.

Bain
06-02-2012, 12:13 PM
First service for these cars is 15,000km. :)

So last option not necessary unless you can predict your k's driven.

Some good points though, especially the options!

Andych
06-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Some good points though, especially the options!

Yep... things like Panoramic Sunroof... :icon_yikes:

wai
06-02-2012, 04:08 PM
First service for these cars is 15,000km. :)

So last option not necessary unless you can predict your k's driven.There is still a free courtesy service after 1,500 km/1 month (at least there was with my Caddy :)

Mac135
06-02-2012, 04:25 PM
You should be able to work out it it is there or not on your Candy White!

Bain
06-02-2012, 05:11 PM
You should be able to work out it it is there or not on your Candy White!

Dont be so sure.. I was stupid with excitement and hadnt realised until after I started going over the car. lol

Andych
06-02-2012, 05:13 PM
Dont be so sure.. I was stupid with excitement and hadnt realised until after I started going over the car. lol

The interesting part is that the stealer hadn't said anything.... makes you wonder doesn't it...

phantomcamel
07-02-2012, 11:08 PM
Sticker residue... us "stealers" (not that I like the expression) do check the cars, but you would be surprised how a simple light change (show room light versus sunlight) can bring up surprises. I have been caught out a couple of times even so I take my deliveries quiet serious & do go over them (favorite pet hates: petrol flap interior dirty & blue protective strip on rear interior light still stuck on...)

ZIO
13-02-2012, 11:31 PM
Anybody worked out the bonnet issue with the Rocco or am I imagining things?

Andych
14-02-2012, 04:40 AM
What exactly is the issue... there are not too many pics of yours and from what I have seen... compared to others the shut lines etc seem to all be OK.
I will have a good look at mine today when I pick it up...

Bain
14-02-2012, 09:01 AM

I think its a fault from production. I take it you are talking about the bonnet overlapping the drivers side fender by 0.5mm - 10mm?

If thats what you are talking about, I noted it on my inspection list. My Scirocco is currently in getting this looked at but they have to remove the whole front bumper of the vehicle to get the fender off before they can adjust it.

Will let you know how it goes.

Andych
14-02-2012, 09:33 AM
I think its a fault from production. I take it you are talking about the bonnet overlapping the drivers side fender by 0.5mm - 10mm?

If thats what you are talking about, I noted it on my inspection list. My Scirocco is currently in getting this looked at but they have to remove the whole front bumper of the vehicle to get the fender off before they can adjust it.

Will let you know how it goes.

Hmmm I will check mine later today when I pick it up.. now did you mean .5 to 1 mm or 5 to 10 mm? That is a big overlap....

Bain
14-02-2012, 09:46 AM
Hmmm I will check mine later today when I pick it up.. now did you mean .5 to 1 mm or 5 to 10 mm? That is a big overlap....

No no, I did mean 5 - 10mm. I checked a couple of the Scirocco's that were due for delivery at the dealership (and the 2 test vehicles as well) and they all had varying degrees of overlap on one side (drivers side). Passenger side was beautiful and flush.

See pic below. The largest overlap was at the point where the corner of the light meets the fender (pointy bit)

http://members.optusnet.com.au/bain0/scirocco/fenderoverlap.jpg

Mine currently has a small overlap, but I wasnt happy that I was spending 60k on a car with a panel misaligned. I would probably have let it go but im pretty specific about the things I want and how I want them.

The black and dark grey would hide this pretty well but it stands out quite a lot on the brighter coloured options (especially white and green).

Andych
14-02-2012, 10:18 AM
OK... thanks for the update. I am picking mine up at midday so I will go over that area pretty closely and make sure it is noted on the checklist if I feel there is an issue.

GTIPirelli
16-02-2012, 07:14 PM
No no, I did mean 5 - 10mm. I checked a couple of the Scirocco's that were due for delivery at the dealership (and the 2 test vehicles as well) and they all had varying degrees of overlap on one side (drivers side). Passenger side was beautiful and flush.

See pic below. The largest overlap was at the point where the corner of the light meets the fender (pointy bit)

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/

Mine currently has a small overlap, but I wasnt happy that I was spending 60k on a car with a panel misaligned. I would probably have let it go but im pretty specific about the things I want and how I want them.

The black and dark grey would hide this pretty well but it stands out quite a lot on the brighter coloured options (especially white and green).

Hey Bain, did you get anywhere with the dealer regarding this issue? Mine bonnet looks similar.

Bain
17-02-2012, 05:57 AM
Hey Bain, did you get anywhere with the dealer regarding this issue? Mine bonnet looks similar.

Yep, I wouldnt say it was 'perfect' but its certainly within my tolerances :)

Ill be giving the car a polish over the weekend. Will post a close up of the bonnet to show both sides.

RW1
17-02-2012, 06:55 AM
The front bonnet issue you are all describing has been with the Scirocco since 2008 introduction. It is not a fault in the majority of cases, just one expects straight even shut lines with no over lap. The overhang is to do with airflow aerodynamics and is quite deliberate. The highlighted photograph looks normal.

The bonnet edge hangs out (evenly) over the front wings, that is normal. It should be about the thickness of the bonnet metal rolled edge. (A good fitting bonnet tends to be slightly over equally both sides. Roughly about 3mm overhang.) The panel lines are not flush and vary a little as you go up the side along the top of the front wings. Its not normal for it to be imbalanced between side though. Or a really bad distortion of over 10mm. Some odd few bonnets have been mis-shaped for some reason as though they have been squashed slightly. They have had closing on 10mm over hang, at the rear corners at the base of the windscreen pillars.

The other approach taken by some individuals has been to unbolt the wings and move them. But in doing this, the paint seals are broken as the whole body is painted after the metal body work is assembled in Portugal.

Mine was imbalanced with bias the right side. I just did the old body workshop trick. Opened the bonnet but not propped up with the stay, shuv'd it to the left until it came into line. Aligned up evenly with 3mm overhang evenly along the length of the top of the front wings. Hasn't changed since.

What hasn't been written yet is that the front windscreen pillars at the lower edge onto the front wings also stand proud by 3mm. So the bonnet line aligns with this at the rear corners.

ZIO
17-02-2012, 06:56 AM
Yeah my ride - and at least two others at dubstitute have an overlap on the drivers side - i really couldn't be assed getting it looked at though . I've only got a 3yr lease on the vehicle - as long as whoever buys it off me dosnt think it's a repair defect.

Bain
17-02-2012, 08:21 AM
Yeah my ride - and at least two others at dubstitute have an overlap on the drivers side - i really couldn't be assed getting it looked at though . I've only got a 3yr lease on the vehicle - as long as whoever buys it off me dosnt think it's a repair defect.

I prefer to ensure its all correct to save those type of questions down the track :)

Miguul
17-02-2012, 09:34 AM
So I called up be customer care and asked if I'm entitle to
The latest version of the satnav, and they couldn't answer that. Is it me or are vw especially hard to deal with.

she_dub
17-02-2012, 10:40 AM
The latest version of the satnav, and they couldn't answer that. Is it me or are vw especially hard to deal with.

Of course you're entitled to it, you paid for it when you bought the satnav.

In fact, I contacted VW Australia this morning and asked if the unit came with the disc, they confirmed that it does.
That in fact the disc is locked to your VIN and therefore it is part of your vehicle.

I suggest calling VW Australia and getting a call logged. They will take your registration details and the name of the dealer.

Bain
17-02-2012, 12:01 PM

Barloworld Nepean Hwy has been fantastic for me in both service and sales chick :)

We even had a 'New Owners Night' on wednesday for all those who have purchased new cars. They took everyone through the service department, detailing bays, storage, paintshop etc. Showed people how the VAG diagnostics work, how to change a tyre and check other things under the bonnet. Was really good for my partner as shes only just starting to become a car enthusiast.

GTIPirelli
17-02-2012, 12:52 PM
Barloworld Nepean Hwy has been fantastic for me in both service and sales chick :)

We even had a 'New Owners Night' on wednesday for all those who have purchased new cars. They took everyone through the service department, detailing bays, storage, paintshop etc. Showed people how the VAG diagnostics work, how to change a tyre and check other things under the bonnet. Was really good for my partner as shes only just starting to become a car enthusiast.

Interesting. I purchase my R at Barloworld Nepean Hwy and no such mention of a 'New Owners Night'. Perhaps it's because it's the second car I purchased from them.

Bain
17-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Interesting. I purchase my R at Barloworld Nepean Hwy and no such mention of a 'New Owners Night'. Perhaps it's because it's the second car I purchased from them.

Depends when you purchased it. They hold one every 1 month.

We got our invite on the 6th Feb (picked up the car 3 weeks before hand)

You might be in the march invite.