PDA

View Full Version : Have they fudged the figures???

RSwag
29-01-2012, 10:07 PM
I think Kiwi got me thinking that maybe these great figures for 2011 were a manufactured set up numbers. Maybe Skoda have made the mistake that almost crippled VW in the early 2ooo's, register demos, press cars, loan vehicles etc as well as incentifying dealers to register extra demos. The end result short term is a medioric rise, mid term is nothing but pain. I wonder how many new Yetis, Octies, superb and Fabia's are sitting in showrooms looking like a new car but registered and with the warranty ticking over, or at very least the warranty started.

Maybe the good 2011 might lead to a hangover in 2012?!

I have only seen one Yeti on the road and it turned out to be a demo from Richmond, other than that it has been like where's wally but harder.

Maybe they travel in herds and have all headed north for the summer or something but from where I sit the figures for 2011 just don't add up especially for Fabia's and Yeti.

Jake02
29-01-2012, 10:18 PM
I was thinking the same thing too but I've seen at least 10 Yetis and 6 Fabias just in the last two weeks so maybe not... Well I'm hoping not anyway. But I see so many more Skodas on the roads, especially being in school holidays and having had my P's for 6 months (meaning I actually get out and see the world). Seeing one every kilometre is a common thing for me now. Puts a big smile on my face let me tell you!

Inego
30-01-2012, 07:50 AM
I saw my first Yeti on the road on Friday - a 103TDi and it had clearly had fun on dirt!

woofy
03-02-2012, 08:44 AM
In the overall population of cars its pretty hard to find even those numbers. They may also be in certain populations. When I first got my Skoda in late 2008, I had hardly seen any on the road, yet there were quite a few out there. I see more now, but thats 3 yrs on. I tend to see more around the SE burbs of Melb, and in Townsville of all places. The other place was Bris airport always had heaps kicking around...

BluChris
03-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Saw my first one on road this morning and posted in the spotted thread...

K1W1
03-02-2012, 12:00 PM
I have still never seen a Yeti on the road except the one in Richmond which was probably their demo. I'm sure that they are registered and around but where there are I have no idea. Even in the early days of Skoda (2007) I used to see Octavia probably once a month or so. Now I see Octavias and Superbs every day but no Yetis.
Statistically as they sold what 411(?) in 2011 you would have to think that there are 80-100 or those in the Melbourne metro area with a similar number in Sydney and the balance in Canberra, Brisbane and Perth and surrounding areas. With that many vehicles you aren't going to see them every day but you will from time to time. I regularly see late model Ferraris and yesterday a brand new Lamborghini (40km from the dealership) and you can't tell me they outsell Yetis, or do they?
Put it this way. I see more Porsche Panameras on the road than Yetis.

Gti Dave
03-02-2012, 05:40 PM
I have still never seen a Yeti on the road except the one in Richmond which was probably their demo. I'm sure that they are registered and around but where there are I have no idea. Even in the early days of Skoda (2007) I used to see Octavia probably once a month or so. Now I see Octavias and Superbs every day but no Yetis.
Statistically as they sold what 411(?) in 2011 you would have to think that there are 80-100 or those in the Melbourne metro area with a similar number in Sydney and the balance in Canberra, Brisbane and Perth and surrounding areas. With that many vehicles you aren't going to see them every day but you will from time to time. I regularly see late model Ferraris and yesterday a brand new Lamborghini (40km from the dealership) and you can't tell me they outsell Yetis, or do they?
Put it this way. I see more Porsche Panameras on the road than Yetis.

I agree. Have only ever seen 1 one the road.

anthony
04-02-2012, 08:18 PM
I am looking,but have not seen a Yeti or Fabia on the roads,but I live in a very vast population of VWs,being the SE suburbs of Melbourne,so maybee they are selling in other areas ???

Gti Dave
06-02-2012, 05:09 AM
I am looking,but have not seen a Yeti or Fabia on the roads,but I live in a very vast population of VWs,being the SE suburbs of Melbourne,so maybee they are selling in other areas ???

Yeah either that, or the majority of us Skoda owners are a reclusive bunch? :cookie:

YETIMAN
06-02-2012, 08:25 PM
I travel the Calder in Central Victoria daily and still havent seen one , despite there being a skoda dealer in Bendigo. Mine arrives in country early this week so hopefully i will have it in a couple of weeks, so travel up my way and I will give you all a sighting of a genuine yeti owner!

Gti Dave
06-02-2012, 10:40 PM
I travel the Calder in Central Victoria daily and still havent seen one , despite there being a skoda dealer in Bendigo. Mine arrives in country early this week so hopefully i will have it in a couple of weeks, so travel up my way and I will give you all a sighting of a genuine yeti owner!

Hey I'm usually up in Bendigo during the week and make my weekly commute up there on Monday mornings and back on Friday nights. Hope to spot you along the calder at some stage. What colour did you order? Look out for a yellow prefacelift Octavia RS with yellow and black theme.

K1W1
07-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Drove into Hawthorn for a meeting this morning and during the trip saw one Octavia hatch (silver), one Superb wagon (gold), one VRS wagon (white) and one Porsche Panamera (black). Just saying......

woofy
07-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Porsches are absolutely rife in Hawthorn, I saw my first Cayenne here and it would be an odd day where I don't see one. Also where a lot of BMW X5/3 etc, Volvo SUVs, and all the trophy wives driving them to do the school pickups. I once saw a race track spec Porsche with a huge ugly wing that looked rice bolted on. A wanker got out with his young son and walked into Streetwise and from the conversation you could tell the Dad was trying to make up for being a crap Dad to his son who obviously lived with the ex wife. Nothing like buying love...

If you came here before Nov, you may very well have seen a blue RS Skoda...but just a Black Santa Fe now..the Skoda is in CBD Blackburn these days.

K1W1
07-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Didn't see the Panamera in Hawthorn but yes there are plenty of German SUVs in that area. I also saw a Range Rover Evoque on the way back to the office. So far they are out rating Yetis 3 to 1 in my car spotting score and they have only been on the market about 2 months.

UK Yeti
07-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Even though we've had the Yeti on sale here in the Uk since September 2009 they are still as scarce as hen's teeth (thankfully!). I love driving a scarce car and having the only one in any car park I care to park it in. When driving long distance (to countryside places where you'd find more Yetis than in congested London) I'm lucky if I see maybe 5 on a whole trip of circa 500 miles or so. If you want to see how many there in the UK click here: Search results for "skoda yeti" - How Many Left? (http://howmanyleft.co.uk/?q=skoda+yeti) So there are plenty, you just don't see them.

YETIMAN
28-02-2012, 04:39 PM
I'll keep a look out. I am the light metallic blue. (Aqua I think)?

I am loving it. Best car I have driven. It has brought enjoyment back to driving. I am amazed at the features it has (which are not in the brochure). Just small things that make driving a pleasure.

I live in Malmsbury (Town of 500) and there is now my Yeti, an Octavia Scout and a Superb in town. they must be breeding!

CruiseJunkie
29-02-2012, 01:29 AM
I've yet to see a yeti on the road in Sydney. I waiting on an Aqua Blue 103TDI through SG Fleet. Hopefully it won't take too much longer. Then all I have to do is sell the Golf!!

YETIMAN
29-02-2012, 03:43 PM
You will love the 103TDI. Spent the last hour programming all the voice prompts in the system for phone etc. Drove home in the rain today and did not have to touch the wipers or headlights once!

Davetherave
01-03-2012, 04:40 PM
Hi all,

I'll be hitting Sydney's North Shore in a few weeks with a white/black 77tsi with a panoramic roof....very excited, I've already sold my Golf GTI so I'm currently carless (apart from the Piaggio MP3), I've been waiting best part of six months so will be a relief once it actually arrives.

Give me toot!

bluey
05-04-2012, 07:18 AM
Probably still fudging the figures. Our Yeti was ordered as "new". On delivery day, dealer started talking about the 5-year warranty for demos. I queried him on the "demo" and he said something like "its a new demo". Our "demo" was new, 26km on clock, only just been plated having been brought up on a truck. And only has a new car 3yr warranty.