PDA

View Full Version : Are Europcar using Skodas again

K1W1
24-01-2012, 05:42 PM
A mate of mine picked up a TSI Superb hatch for the week in Adelaide today.

He messaged me to see if I knew how to turn the power outlet in the centre console on. It doesn't work.

Jake02
24-01-2012, 06:09 PM
They never got rid of Superbs, just the Octavias I think. I always see Europcar Superbs around and I must admit they bring a smile to my face.

BlackSuperb
24-01-2012, 07:18 PM
A mate of mine picked up a TSI Superb hatch for the week in Adelaide today.

He messaged me to see if I knew how to turn the power outlet in the centre console on. It doesn't work.

There's no switch for it. It should just work. Does it have a blown fuse?

K1W1
24-01-2012, 08:58 PM
That's what I suggested. He normally drives a HSV Grange an A4 or a Camry so he wasn't sure about the Skoda and just asked in case there was a switch.

woofy
24-01-2012, 09:29 PM
There are some older ones about, but when I asked at Christmas they were pretty much phasing them all out. I have requested a Superb several times and each time ended up with an upgrade to an A4 instead. I would have preferred the Superb but haven't seen any in Brisbane at least for about 6 mths now.

pologti18t
25-01-2012, 03:14 PM
I think I saw a Fabia with a Europcar sticker on the back

woofy
25-01-2012, 04:09 PM
That would surprise me as they love their Hyundais at that end of the market...

K1W1
25-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Dean got the Superb in lieu of the i30 that he had booked. Pretty good upgrade. I spoke with him today and he is very impressed so far. Not as much power as the Grange and not quite the Audi but very impressed overall he said.

woofy
25-01-2012, 09:57 PM
Dean got the Superb in lieu of the i30 that he had booked. Pretty good upgrade. I spoke with him today and he is very impressed so far. Not as much power as the Grange and not quite the Audi but very impressed overall he said.

I booked a Getz mid year and got an A3, I think they have heaps of spare Audis at the moment as that's happened 4 times to me last year.

BlackSuperb
16-04-2012, 07:39 PM
Booked a Passat for a couple of days in ADL last weekend and was pleasantly surprised to get a Superb Wagon instead. Its only an Ambiance instead of an Elegance like mine, but a great drive all the same. This rental was an 118TSI and I must admit, a lot smoother to drive than my 125TDI.

My lease runs out in September so I'm heading off to my local dealer soon to order me a wagon for late September delivery. My new one will be a white 118 Elegance with panoramic roof, tow bar, roof racks and KESSY as extras. I intend to keep this one when the lease expires after three years.

woofy
17-04-2012, 11:36 AM
I booked a Passat when it was just me, but some gear to carry and got an S-line A6 in early March....never get the bigger car when I wanted it.

brimway
17-04-2012, 12:34 PM
Europcar have a very strong association with Audi and a favourable buy back plan. Way back VW were part owners of the world wide car rental company.

In fact a couple of years ago, they had a fleet of Jettas and further back, they had Beetles (new gen). Their Brisbane Airport holding yard is often full of Audis.

woofy
17-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Europcar have a very strong association with Audi and a favourable buy back plan. Way back VW were part owners of the world wide car rental company.

In fact a couple of years ago, they had a fleet of Jettas and further back, they had Beetles (new gen). Their Brisbane Airport holding yard is often full of Audis.

I've had A4s instead of what I wanted so many times last year at Bris airport its not funny, they are nice, but not as big as what I needed (and hired). When I don't care, I end up getting an A6! From memory I had it for a grand sum of $250 for the whole week.

I hired an Octavia before they stopped renting them, and got a Jetta once which caught me out with the narrow boot opening, but it dumped its oil by the second day and had to be towed away at 3am in the morning...not a fun memory.

brimway
17-04-2012, 01:59 PM
I've been pleasantly surprised to be upgrades to an A4 quattro S line instead of the Falcon/Commodore that I booked. From my experience, its usually the shorter rental terms that get this sort of upgrade.

So, if you need a car for a week or longer, the trick is to book for 2-3 days then try to extend.

Albervin
17-04-2012, 05:43 PM
I owned an A4 Turbo quattro for several years before I recently bought a Superb V6 wagon with power tailgate, KESSY and a few other bits. Way superior to the Audi in every respect except the ability to hammer the tight twisty stuff without body roll. I am working on that now.

woofy
18-04-2012, 01:23 PM
I've been pleasantly surprised to be upgrades to an A4 quattro S line instead of the Falcon/Commodore that I booked. From my experience, its usually the shorter rental terms that get this sort of upgrade.

So, if you need a car for a week or longer, the trick is to book for 2-3 days then try to extend.

Ive had 3 wk rentals where I've been given the Audi, the A6 was a week. I havent seen a Commodore for ages there, so they might be substituting until the get the Passat fleet built up.