PDA

View Full Version : NEW JETTA

Rednut
05-03-2006, 12:41 PM
hey guys,

saw this on my way home from work. the colours are a bit funny as it was taken from my phone

http://xs70.xs.to/pics/06096/new-jetta.JPG (http://xs.to)

hopefully now, people other than you lot will know what a jetta is!

Jettinabout
11-07-2006, 01:44 PM
The tossers brought heaps of "wheat" coloured ones into the country. No one likes the colour as its BEIGE METALLIC. All the other colour schemes are gone but not the BEIGE. They are also listing some models as rare already and that's before they are off the lot which gives an indication as to their popularity.

I have ordered the metallic red one and they look very nice.

LS1 Cobra
11-07-2006, 02:31 PM
Hi All,

Just joined this Forum.

I ordered a new Jetta 2.0 TDI DSG in metalic blue with Anthracite leather back in April. Expecting it to finally arrive at the end of this month.

I originally went into the dealer looking at a Golf but my wife much prefered the sedan to the hatchback shape so we bought the Jetta.

I bought the TDI partly for it's economy and partly because of it's get up and go. I thoght all that torque from the diesel made it feel much zippier than the 2.0 FSI (it's suposed to be slightly quicker to 100KMH too). I reckon resale down the track should be good the way the fuel prices are going at the moment.

Cheers

Michael

LS1 Cobra
11-07-2006, 03:05 PM
Actually, I just checked the colour and it's Blue Graphite. I took a bit of a punt on the colour as they didn't have any examples of it in stock. Hope I made the right decision :(

Cheers

Michael

gtimk5
11-07-2006, 03:06 PM
Good on you Micheal and welcome to the forum.A bit of a wait for the Jetta but it will be worth it. Can't wait to gear you views on it after you pick it up.
Nice colour for one too, good choice, Cheers, andrew:) :)

LS1 Cobra
11-07-2006, 03:23 PM
Thanks Andrew,

They told me 12 to 16 weeks when I ordered it and I nearly fell off my chair. Looks like they are going for the full 16.

I'm a fan of the car forums and am a member of a couple. Since the Jetta is fairly new there isn't a lot of info out there. I'm looking forward to reading everones info on their cars and how they develop.

I'm a chronic modifier and cant help tweeking everything I own. I'll be keen to hear about wheel and suspension options for the Jettan and mods for the 2.0 TDI. A friend of mine re flashes Land Rover diesels for some impressive results. I hope that sort of thing is available for the VW TDI (after the waranty is up of course :D ).

Cheers

brackie
11-07-2006, 04:13 PM
Welcome to our community Mr Cobra! Great choice of car ;) My Golf 2.0TDI is just starting to loosen up at 1000km and gave 50mpg on it's first tank of diesel. I chose the metallic red and had it in my driveway in less than 3 weeks from ordering it. Andrew is the "chip man" down here in Tassie (anyway, he gets my vote) and I'll be visiting him in due course. ;) And as for the Landrover flash, the guys in WA for whom I do website design flash ECUs and get fantastic results. Look at them at http://www.discoveryauto.com.au/chip/chips.htm