PDA

View Full Version : Van mags

luke_how
08-07-2007, 09:36 PM
Thanks for moving my thread.

My parents are going to be buying a Transporter T4 shortly for there buisness and I want to make it look a bit more fresh by putting some 18 inch DSG's alloy wheels on it.
Does anybody know someone that distributes DSG wheels in Australia?:?

the wheels are similar to the ones which are on some of the vans, on this site in the for sale section.
http://www.totallyt4.co.uk/

CaddyShack
17-08-2007, 03:46 AM
Luke_How,
be careful of putting mags on vans!

They must be load rated wheels. Because vans are classed as commercial vehicles, they have a load rating. The tyres are commercial tyres ie they are rated to carry heavy weights, they do this by having very thick sidewalls. You can have a flat tyre, and the tyre will look "pumped up". the sidewalls act like run-flat tyres.

Anyway, the wheels also have to load rated. There are not many manufacturers and styles available.

I used to have a Vito van (2 weeks ago) and the mechanic said that a customer of his had a Holden Rodeo. He put passenger tyres on it, then had a bad smash, and the insurance company refused to pay due to the fact that the tyres were not the right sort. Needless to say, they wanted to find out who supplied them, so that they can cop a fine as well.:(

CaddyShack

phaeton
17-08-2007, 10:14 AM
Do'h I thought this thread was going to be about Magazines :(

I'll leave now :D

BTW on magazines you can't go past VolksWorld Camper & Bus mag ;)

Tornado T5
18-08-2007, 10:45 AM
Do'h I thought this thread was going to be about Magazines :(

I'll leave now :D

BTW on magazines you can't go past VolksWorld Camper & Bus mag ;)
I thought the same, although you've helped me at least, thanks.

phaeton
18-08-2007, 11:05 AM
I thought the same, although you've helped me at least, thanks.

Also everything LCV related I buy LCV Australia and Delivery magazines ;)

vwtyp2
20-08-2007, 08:23 AM
Luke_How,
be careful of putting mags on vans!

I used to have a Vito van (2 weeks ago) and the mechanic said that a customer of his had a Holden Rodeo. He put passenger tyres on it, then had a bad smash, and the insurance company refused to pay due to the fact that the tyres were not the right sort. Needless to say, they wanted to find out who supplied them, so that they can cop a fine as well.:(

CaddyShack

on the same note, the largest diameter you can legally go is 17".
2" bigger than standard.
Even if a drunk driver slams into you and destroys your car, you'll be in the wrong for having an unroadworthy car on the road.

shogun2
20-08-2007, 01:04 PM
on the same note, the largest diameter you can legally go is 17".
2" bigger than standard.
Even if a drunk driver slams into you and destroys your car, you'll be in the wrong for having an unroadworthy car on the road.
FY, my T5 has 17" alloys that are 102 load rated. These came as standard.

vwtyp2
20-08-2007, 11:22 PM
FY, my T5 has 17" alloys that are 102 load rated. These came as standard.

on a T5 yes, but we're talking about a T4 here.

On my T4 I have Oettinger RE's which are rated to 810kg and 235/45's with an xl load rating.

On my Golf 4, the tyre placard lists up to 17". Even though the car came with factory 15's, I can run 19's cos some models came with 17"s and I can go 2" bigger than what the car came with.