PDA

View Full Version : Front badge for Passat CC

Windy
06-01-2012, 04:04 PM
I am trying to find a new badge for my Passat CC 3.6 VR6 after it got stolen while I was parked in Liverpool Station. Investigations have led me to part number 3C0853601AJZA which APPEARS to be the badge, but I don't know if it is just a badge or if there are wires or attachments for the ACC radar. I am also hesitant to take drive the car too much while it is badgeless because I don't know if it is going to leave the radar exposed to the elements and the potential for damage. I have found one badge on eBay but it is on the US website and they don't ship it to Australia (costs about $38AUD), and I'm guessing it will be frightfully expensive to buy through VW... any suggestions or help related to the above would be greatly appreciated!

Hillbilly
09-01-2012, 08:59 AM
The plastic VW cover for the radar unit was quoted at $384 from VW . ( For a Passat 125TDI)

Two weeks after I got my car someone bumped the badge with a towbar and scratched it.

I ended up polishing most of the marks out with cutter and an electric buff

Windy
09-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Ouch! I ended up going the ECS Tuning USA website for the same product and paid $177.84 (including postage).

http://www.ecstuning.com/ES343804/PriceAlert/

PA.
09-01-2012, 05:05 PM
Visit a US based VW forum and ask there as someone may reship it for you.