PDA

View Full Version : Reputable Paint Shop in Perth

keg75
04-01-2012, 06:10 PM
I've got a very small paint chip on the bonnet of my Rising Blue Golf R that looks like a white spot on the bonnet as the primer is showing through (small but annoying). I also (from a mishap yesterday) have two scratches (1 is a pressure indent) on the rear spoiler lip.

So I want to get my car into somewhere in Perth to get the marks patched up.

I am not concerned about the cost I just want the job to be spot on.

Does anyone have anyone reputable? I would prefer someone who has done golf R's or is a top notch reapirer.
I have looked through the forums and so far have found lombardi - but is this from actually using them or just hearsay....

I have asked my dealer who they use and am waiting on a response.

I also want to know is it better to get the car detailed and clayed prior to them painting the car or after. I am going to get a paint protection like nanolex applied to the paint.

So would it be best to give the car a good wash, then do the repairs, then do the paint protection ?

keg75

GOLFBALLS
05-01-2012, 02:41 AM
Any decent repairer who's not mentally impaired will know to clean the car first, and they dont need to be familiar with the Golf as they will just go off a paint code for chips and scratches. I understand you want a top job, but working in the auto trade i can safely say that if you go into any repairer and send them vibes that you will be super fussy over a chip they might treat you with some disdain and stitch you up in price. Its usually a pre-emtive strike in anticipation of the extra pain finnicky clients can cause, and once a business has been thru it once, they will pick up any sign of it on their radar forever more!!
When i was at Audi we used to take the cars on the lot to J & M Caporale who were always pretty good. I watched them a few times after some cars were vandalised.. They're in Ossie Park.

As for paint protection, i personally think its all a bit pointless. Just get the car car professionally detailed including clay block and polish and wax.

balkanac
05-01-2012, 06:21 PM
if you want a top notch job take your car to lombardis. They look after ferraris, lambos and other exotics. They will do a almost perfect job but they charge almost twice as much.
If not, i can recommend pro paint in bayswater, they did my car and a few cars owned by my friends. They do a decent job and have decent prices

antonn
15-03-2012, 02:40 AM
i just asked a similar question on the forums and the response given was that Unique Auto RefinishersUnique Auto Refinishers - Wall | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Unique-Auto-Refinishers/152617451460317?sk=wall&filter=2)

are the place to go. excellent work and good prices, im going to get some work done there myself