PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Passat CC potential owner

Darks RS
03-01-2012, 07:10 PM
Hi all, after having sold my 07 3.2Fsi 4mot passat and bought a new SV6, I'm looking to upgrade to an 09 tdi CC Passat. I've found one with 43k in the clock, one owner w full books.
-What came std with these cars?
-Any problems that I should be aware of?
-anyone recently traded an autumn brown in (w nsw rego???)

Thanks in advance,
Darko.

ScottyP
04-01-2012, 12:31 PM
The one thing I would suggest checking is the rear door seals. CC's have an issue with water getting trapped inside the inner door seals and between the inner and outer seals. Even though I've had mine to the dealer for a 'fix' - fitting revised design door seals - I still have the issue on the LHS rear door. On 1 occasion, during a big downpour and with the car parked on a slight downhill angle, water did leak into the rear LHS foot well.

Alarmingly, I have also heard reports of corrosion in the rear door sill area due to standing water. One owner I know had his repaired under warranty. Definitely check for this.

Other than that, I'm very happy with my MY09 CC.

Best of luck!

Cheers,
Scott

Darks RS
04-01-2012, 03:30 PM
Seems to be ok as I rang the servicing dealer.
Well, deposit paid. car is off the interweb.

Car was originally bought at Mcarron's VW on the North Shore, has the following options fitted:

Active Climate Control
Sat Nav RNS510
Adaptive Cruise Control
Park Assist with Camera (don't know if self park though)
Leather (unless it came std on CC's)

Did these models have dodgy injectors / DSG boxes?

Windy
06-01-2012, 04:18 PM
I've also had water leaking onto the inside of the door (on the outside of the skid plates) on the right hand side. Also got a loose wire on the left hand side taillight (one side of the tail/brakelight unit). Took my car to Autohaus Hornsby and they changed the globe, but clearly didn't investigate. Will take it back there to get the issue fixed, and likely to a dealer to get the leaking seal looked at under warranty.

My VR6 Passat has the 6 speed DSG and can be a little jerky in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear (at times) when on and off the throttle in traffic. Aside from the very very occasional hesitation when kicking down, it has been very intuitive and an absolute dream to drive.

Darks RS
07-01-2012, 11:00 AM
I'll have to investigate the water issue ASAP as ive got VW warranty till end of march this year, my leasing co has also given me a swan/manufacturers warranty for the duration if the lease, but would rather do a final warranty check through vw's warranty. Hanging out for it as want to see what options it has, as would like to if it has adaptive chassis too, it's been taken down from carsales and my saving of the photos didn't work for some reason.
I know it's been a company vehicle in Sydney and that's had a factory recall for something. Ive already spoken w Canberra VW centre in belco about fitting a Bluetooth if its not fitted / likewise if there's no mdi.
Pete will be doing the servicing so I know it'll be looked after.
Can't wait!

ScottyP
07-01-2012, 11:29 AM
I'll have to investigate the water issue ASAP as ive got VW warranty till end of march this year, my leasing co has also given me a swan/manufacturers warranty for the duration if the lease, but would rather do a final warranty check through vw's warranty. Hanging out for it as want to see what options it has, as would like to if it has adaptive chassis too, it's been taken down from carsales and my saving of the photos didn't work for some reason.
I know it's been a company vehicle in Sydney and that's had a factory recall for something. Ive already spoken w Canberra VW centre in belco about fitting a Bluetooth if its not fitted / likewise if there's no mdi.
Pete will be doing the servicing so I know it'll be looked after.
Can't wait!

The 'recall' was probably a DSG recalibration. I seem to recall on mine there is a sticker under the boot mat with the details.

Good luck with the car. Post some pics when you get it!

Cheers,
Scotty

Darks RS
09-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Well, almost there with the Passat. Awaiting the lease documents / approval so shouldn't be much longer.
Reading through the diesel part of this site and have the question:
Do CC's have any issues with injector failure or DPF clogging (if it has one)? i do 100k's a day of long distance driving (mostly 'highway') but do often get bogged down in Canberra traffic :rolleyes:

Whilst the car has warranty, won't be touching the ECU (although want to reflash the ECU sooo bad for moar powa!)
One thing I am considering is getting 19's / 20's to fill out the guards so will be seeking opinions soon.

Darko

Darks RS
13-01-2012, 09:28 AM
Monday! dates booked in and Car paid for. One final question, did the CC's get steering wheel paddle shift for the DSG or is it still a 'mod' that i'll have to do?

PA.
13-01-2012, 10:22 AM
It has the paddles. You can buy bigger paddles from the USA.

Darks RS
13-01-2012, 01:14 PM
cheers you've made my day!