PDA

View Full Version : Bull bar for Touareg?

Avagoumug
31-12-2011, 10:32 PM
Can anyone advise me if the Touareg is suitable to be fitted with a bull bar? If so, who can supply and fit them?..........ta

Transporter
01-01-2012, 08:09 AM
I don't think that there is. What year is your Treg?

Avagoumug
01-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Mine is on order, so 2012, to be received in May 2012.

phaeton
02-01-2012, 09:29 AM
From what I understand the pedestrian safety and EU laws prohibit Bull Bars, so VW have engineered the vehicle so it does not take them.

That said if you search the net you might find a nudge bar option.

alex g
02-01-2012, 02:21 PM
Am toying with doing one for mine. Just a simple nudge bar maybe incorporating a bash plate.

Watch this space I will be more than happy to build another one.

Avagoumug
02-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Cool. Thanks Alex. I will stay tuned.

unky dunky
10-01-2012, 11:35 PM
Buffalo fabrication (QLD) claim to have a bullbar for Touareg (which I assume to be T2 not T3)

Buffalo Fabrication - Heavy Duty trays and trailers for work or play. (http://www.buffalofab.com.au/)

Scroll down about two thirds of the page to see image and text.

alex g
11-01-2012, 06:36 AM
Funny you point that out I have looked at there sight in the past a never even noticed that was a touareg pictured , way over done for the smooth lines and style of a touareg , in my opinion.

I have changed my mind re a bar for mine , I think it would be super hard to build something that would fit in nicely , having said that I did build a bash plate for mine which worked out well.

unky dunky
11-01-2012, 08:08 AM
I agree the buffalo bullbar does look a bit out of place against the Touareg styling ... but that might be the price one has to pay to have a full bullbar.

What would be good is if Smartbar were to make one of their bars for Touareg ... but they responded to my query with an emphatic "no way". Pity, because a smart bar would probably look very nice on a Touareg.

Funny you point that out I have looked at there sight in the past a never even noticed that was a touareg pictured , way over done for the smooth lines and style of a touareg , in my opinion.

I have changed my mind re a bar for mine , I think it would be super hard to build something that would fit in nicely , having said that I did build a bash plate for mine which worked out well.