PDA

View Full Version : the gld gti is finally coming to life....

gldgti
02-03-2006, 09:23 PM
hey guys,

well, i owe all you guys a happy xmas and new year, 'cos i've been so lazy i havnt been on here for ages. anyway, since last posted, i now have two mates that i've converted to golfs, one of whom has been posting frequently .

anyway, the christmas holidays saw me gain a new paintjob all over, some nice new shocks and springs, new tyres and a general uplifting of the golfs abilities through corners and under brakes.

aust std blue is the new colour, a rough but good enough job that took me a week and a bit by myself. (NO HELP AT ALL!!! :cry: )

i put in some new king lowering springs, made to suit petrol mk1's.

NOTE WELL - there is a note in the king spring catalogue that says petrol golfs only! ignore it, these springs are beutiful in my golf. they ride beutifully, have eliminated a great deal of body roll, and dropped the car about an inch (they've been in for about 1100km now.)

if you want some nice performance springs for your mk1, these are a great buy i reckon. its around $350 for a full set, front and back, but it's worth it. (i picked up my rears at last years vw nats for $20 near new, but i only just got the fronts...)

anywas, as soon as i can get around to it, i'll try and have some pics for all you guys to see. im a terrible promiser though.... i will make an effort however.

cya

aydan

imported_brackie
03-03-2006, 05:55 AM
Nice to have you back, Aydan! Looks like you've been busy working on your car so you're forgiven. You sprayed her yourself? Some pics would be nice. Do you have a sway bar on her?

gldgti
05-03-2006, 12:14 AM
thanks brackie,

unfortunately, a sway bar is at the top of my to do list, and not at the bottom of my done list. since mikes '84 has one and i've been in it and driven it on many occasions, its the thing i notice most about the different handling characteristics between our cars.... consequently, im looking but ill financed for another term or so, as uni would have it, but sourcing a bar is still high in the priorities.... anyone know of some floating about? (laughing)