PDA

View Full Version : Dealer problems.

qsilverza
06-07-2007, 05:59 PM
Hi members,

Basically, I bought my 2000 V6 4motion from a dealer (Not VW) and am having some problems with the clutch. Now it has taken me two weeks convince the dealer to finally see the intermittant problem even though I got volkspower to drive the car and they noticed it within minutes.

Now that it comes down to it, it is either my Master clutch cylinder or Pressure plate causing the problem. The dealer says that these items are not covered under the statuary warranty. To that I say BS, the car is 73,000 km's old and well within the statutary warranty period and these items are not specifically excluded as warranty items.

My question is, if I have to go to the tribunal with this, do I have a reasonable case ? I am going to seek out legal advice and have already contacted consumer affairs.

Along with this problem not having been fixed, I had to take the car back there a number of times for Wipers to be replaced etc etc. The dealer couldnt have been bothered driving the car to find the problem.

Now I am waiting to see whether the dealer is going to "push it through" to replace the master clutch cylinder first. And I know that if the master clutch cylinder does not fix it, it will be a pressure plate which the dealer will definately not want to fix.

I am hoping that I can take this one further because like most second hand car yards, they are out there to make a quick buck without covering the short-fall.

SoVeReIgN
06-07-2007, 11:39 PM
Read the fine print, alot of the stat warrantys don't cover anything.

But with that said, they might just be pulling a shifty because the clutch itself wouldn't be covered under warranty because it is a consumable part. The clutch cylinder would be under warranty however.

qsilverza
08-07-2007, 09:27 PM
Yep, I have read the fine print and as far as I can see, the only way out for a this dealer is wear and tear. But it is not wear and tear, it is a breakage.

mikinoz
10-07-2007, 10:38 AM
Good luck, as long as the tribunal does not cost you more than a clutch, you should be fine...

How long since you purchased the car from them?

Clutch plate is consumable, but maybe it is a pressure plate issue?

qsilverza
13-07-2007, 12:35 PM
That's what I think and therefore if it is pressure plate it comes as one package with clutch plate.

Tribunal costs are only 34.20 $

99gti
13-07-2007, 01:12 PM
I got my starter motor re-conditioned under the stat waranty from the dealer I got my car from - no questions asked. They even drove me to work the day I gave it to them and picked me up in it that afternoon!