PDA

View Full Version : Servicing and Warranty

spaz74
28-12-2011, 05:20 PM
Got a letter today from Skoda notifying me of the closure of my dealer. This leaves me with a dilemma. I originally rejected my car because it was not right. In part of their settlement for me accept the car, Mentone Motors agreed to cover my servicing costs for three years or 45,000kms on the proviso that I make no other future claim . I called them today but they have yet to respond to this situation. I am worried that they will now dishonor that deal but if they don't will my warranty be invalid by getting my servicing done there? For me the best solution is to transfer this serving deal to the new dealers in Brighton but then again I haven't seen pigs fly :( Can anyone offer any suggestions?

K1W1
28-12-2011, 06:54 PM
I am worried that they will now dishonor that deal but if they don't will my warranty be invalid by getting my servicing done there?

You warranty will not be invalidated if you get general service work done at a dealer who is not a Skoda dealer. It would be illegal for Skoda Australia to try that one on.

For me the best solution is to transfer this serving deal to the new dealers in Brighton but then again I haven't seen pigs fly :( Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Not going to happen. EVER.
The deal you have is with Mentone Motors not Skoda. Mentone won't transfer the deal they have no reason to as it would cost them money.
The best that you can hope for is that they honour it for work that continues to be done at their premises.

What does the paperwork say? If there is no paperwork there will be no deal when push comes to shove.

LaserJet
28-12-2011, 08:05 PM
The deal you have is with Mentone Motors not Skoda.

Mentone Motors is still there, and they should honor the deal.