PDA

View Full Version : Dealerships

spaz74
26-12-2011, 09:24 AM
Does anyone know what happened to the Mentone Skoda store? The lot is now vacant. It seems Zagame has opened in Brighton. Zagame seems to be taking over everything...:facepalm:

romaniac
26-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Does anyone know what happened to the Mentone Skoda store? The lot is now vacant. It seems Zagame has opened in Brighton. Zagame seems to be taking over everything...:facepalm:

Don't know about Mentone but Zagame seem to be quite big. I just picked up my new Skoda from the Zagame dealer in Richmond, they said they were the biggest Skoda dealer in Victoria, plus they also have the Audi dealership and Maserati dealership next door.

Njay
26-12-2011, 09:28 PM
I think zagame bought Audi.centre Melbourne and lindsay fox bought Audi.Brighton

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

woofy
27-12-2011, 01:51 AM
Don't know about Mentone but Zagame seem to be quite big. I just picked up my new Skoda from the Zagame dealer in Richmond, they said they were the biggest Skoda dealer in Victoria, plus they also have the Audi dealership and Maserati dealership next door.

They really became the biggest dealer not by merit but moreso that bayfords were the biggest aus wide full stop and Richmond picked up their customers as there wasn't much choice. Interesting that mentone has gone. Zagame bought Audi Richmond/city and Skoda Richmond as thy were all owned by the same group.

RSwag
27-12-2011, 08:40 PM

I am not sure as to whether Zagames are the right path for Skoda given they are the kings if brands that remain low volume and stagnant. I guess on the up side they have enough money to bring stability to Skoda, let's face it they have had a horror run with dealers, I have never seen any brand change hands so often in such short periods of time.

As for Mentone, like I have said in the past the guy I dealt with was really good but his manager (who I was told was the owners son) was a tool. Very grotty and a stereo typical used car feel to him, almost had to have a shower after being introduced. I know that sounds harsh but he was in stark contrast to the salesman I dealt with and was a factor in me not buying along with the supply restraints.

Given the terrible facilities and the questionable staff at Mentone I could only imagine Zagame will improve on what Skoda was at Mentone. I couldn't imagine they could do any worse?!

LaserJet
28-12-2011, 08:00 PM
Given the terrible facilities and the questionable staff at Mentone I could only imagine Zagame will improve on what Skoda was at Mentone. I couldn't imagine they could do any worse?!

My experience with Skoda Mentone staff has been positive, including a car purchase, small repaires and the first service.

I just received today a letter from Team Skoda (I think it's Skoda Australia) regarding Cessation of Mentone Skoda Dealer. They announce "a new SKODA dealer in Victoria, Brighton SKODA of the Zagame Automotive Group" and say that "Brighton SKODA will now be looking after all your SKODA requirements from servicing to parts and warranties".