PDA

View Full Version : EOI: Vinyl CAMS "stickers" without glue

kaanage
23-12-2011, 10:06 AM
One of the 9N3 Polo guys works as a sign maker(?) and can make up the CAMS safety "stickers" in straight vinyl so that if you're careful, you can peel them off between track days and reuse them. Obviously, you will need to really clean the paint surface before putting them on so that they adhere properly but you could also put some clear tape around the edges to make sure they don't fly off.

I'm gauging interest so he can run off a decent number of sets so cost should be similar to the normal stickers.

Is anyone else interested in a couple of sets besides me?

Blue Flog
27-12-2011, 03:48 PM
What safety stickers are you talking about?

Peter Jones
27-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Greg if it's the battery triangles your after you don't need a sign writer to make them, just a pair of scissors.

The vinyl is only about 50 cents a metre at a places like Supply One.

They measure 150mm on each side.

If you want to make them reusable you could get some magnetic sheet to stick them on, although I'd tape the leading edge just to be sure.

kaanage
27-12-2011, 08:02 PM
What safety stickers are you talking about?
One of the blue triangles and the tow triangles for those of us just doing timed sprints/hill climbs with road going cars
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/08/stickersheetlargeJPG-1.jpg

mikinoz
27-12-2011, 08:19 PM
If you want to make them reusable you could get some magnetic sheet to stick them on, although I'd tape the leading edge just to be sure.

I've done this with a set of these stickers in the past. Not coming off in a hillclimb situation.

Blue Flog
28-12-2011, 08:43 AM
Thanks for that info.
Darcy