PDA

View Full Version : New Touareg.

werzel
22-12-2011, 11:08 AM
Just picked up our new Touareg yesterday, fresh off the boat. Ours is a white TDi 180 with area view, sports interior, drivers assist package. The whole vehicle is very impressive to be in and drive, but the adaptive cruise control is really quite impressive on its own.

Set maximum speed, distance to car in front and speed of response then away it goes. Have to say the first time it pulled me up to set of lights, waited til car in front moved off , then accelerated back up to 80km/h without me touching any pedals was a bit unnerving. At cruising speed the car adjusts speed perfectly to stay behind anything infront.

The blindspot warning is also useful, with a light on the left mirror lighting up when a car is travelling in the left hand blindspot, or flashing in the right mirror if I indicate while a car is in the right hand blind spot.

Area view is great for checking any of the 4 cameras front, back or sides. I have kids, and even though there is a gate between garage and house, one cannot be too careful.

I can see it is going to take a while to get used to the various sounds, lights and buttons. My wife is cautious about driving just yet, prefers the Golf, but that will prove difficult when baby 3 arrives in 6 weeks.

phaeton
22-12-2011, 06:13 PM
Congrats on the purchase :D

The latest Touareg is the most advanced VW yet and it sounds like you have every extra to make life a little more easier.

Enjoy it over the Holidays :cookie:

Transporter
22-12-2011, 09:46 PM
Congratulations, it must be a joy to drive. :)