PDA

View Full Version : Live in northern NSW? Read this ...

DaveMack
05-07-2007, 10:08 AM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/4116713a30.html

B*strds.

Dave

Antdragonist
05-07-2007, 10:34 AM
those nasty pasties!
but it prolly happens everywhere so :? oh well

should invest in a petrol station lol, theiving bastards.

DaveMack
05-07-2007, 01:32 PM
Yeah ... you note they only bring the price of gas back into line with the Singapore standard when threatened with a big stick? ... been robbing everyone blind for months ... years even. The thing that really gets me about this profiteering is it has a flow-on effect throughout the whole economy and we all end up paying more for everything that is transported around the country (in other words ... everything). :mad:

Dave

99gti
06-07-2007, 04:24 PM
Yeah ... you note they only bring the price of gas back into line with the Singapore standard when threatened with a big stick? ... been robbing everyone blind for months ... years even. The thing that really gets me about this profiteering is it has a flow-on effect throughout the whole economy and we all end up paying more for everything that is transported around the country (in other words ... everything). :mad:

Dave

Does that include beer??? That's it - I'm going on a hunger strike untill they get to the bottom of this.

I have a mate who owns a petrol station and I can tell you now, he makes more money from the mars bars and other junk he sells than he gets from the petrol. The margins for the end seller are very minimal so it's no wonder they spike it.

Oli
06-07-2007, 11:24 PM
I have a mate who owns a petrol station and I can tell you now, he makes more money from the mars bars and other junk he sells than he gets from the petrol. The margins for the end seller are very minimal so it's no wonder they spike it.[/QUOTE]

Hi mate
Yes that true....
that he makes more money on mars bar (maybe $1 on each) an around 4-5 cent per litre...
but monthly ..HE SELS around 100 mars bars,and maybe 200 000- 300 000 litres of fuel.....

DaveMack
06-07-2007, 11:30 PM
No ... it's not the retailers I have a problem with ... it's the large petrocorps. BP alone admitted raising their profits through the 1st Gulf War by over 600 million bux (US$) (deliberately boosting the price of crude). :mad::mad::mad:

Dave

gldgti
07-07-2007, 12:30 AM
and our whining will change it???

the oilers are the biggest, fattest, most powerful companies in existence. they will screw us for as much as they want, as long as we buy oil - the only way to get anything over them is NOT to buy oil, or buy less of it. so... support green energy for starters.

brackie
07-07-2007, 11:41 AM
Thought you guys might like to read this. It was posted on the ABC News website this morning. Interestingly, the link was up there at 6.00am but wouldn't work. Now it does work but has a completely different headline and thrust....:???:

The first paragraph gives a rough breakdown of where our fuel comes from, while the last yet again warns of the consequences of Peak Oil. I agree with the author(s)...we should be looking for ways to use less oil rather than fighting over what we have left.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/07/06/1971323.htm