PDA

View Full Version : New pricing for MY08 T5's

Tornado T5
04-07-2007, 09:25 PM
Much to my annoyance :( I came across the MY08 pricelist effective from 22 June '07for T5's and noticed that the LWB A6 vans had dropped by $2410 since the pricelist I saw dated Jan '07. As I haven't taken delivery of mine yet and I need to hand over a balance of $5000 what do you think my chances are...none I know....

http://www.volkswagen.com.au/pdf/Price_List/Transporter%20Price%20List%2022062007.pdf

phaeton
05-07-2007, 11:00 AM
Hmmmm yeah I think it would be quite tough to negotiate now you colud always try :D

Never buy around June-August LOL thats when new stock becomes old Model Years and new MYs are up for order.

Great though if you want previous MY as dealers try and get rid of them.

Seano
05-07-2007, 12:18 PM
That's a bit of a bummer......but one who's case you mave be able to plead. Never hurt to ask!!

Did anyone notice a couple of new things on that price list?
I did.........AT LAST.....the Dual Cab Chassis syncro with the 128kW TDi motor (previously it has only ever been available with the 96kW motor)

And the other thing.......6 speed Tiptronic transmission in a model range called Transporter Crewvan (second page)........that'd be a first wouldn't it??

http://www.volkswagen.com.au/pdf/Spec_Sheets/Transporter%20Crewvan%20Specifications%2022062007. pdf

neil
05-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Much to my annoyance :( I came across the MY08 pricelist effective from 22 June '07for T5's and noticed that the LWB A6 vans had dropped by $2410 since the pricelist I saw dated Jan '07. As I haven't taken delivery of mine yet and I need to hand over a balance of $5000 what do you think my chances are...none I know....

http://www.volkswagen.com.au/pdf/Price_List/Transporter%20Price%20List%2022062007.pdf

Hi Mate.
I have placed a deposit on a jetta a month ago.
I was just checking the terms and conditions of my contract
and will quote section 1.2 of the contract, remembering this is
the contract from my dealer.

1.2 "The Purchase Price may be varied if before the delivery of the
motor vehicle,there is a change in the manufacturer's
recommended retail price .statuary charges or taxes and duties.
The dealer shall give the customer written notice of any variation in
the purchase price.If the purchase price is varied due to an
increase in the recommended retail price,the customer may recind
this contract any time with in 3 days after receipt of written notice
of the variation."

Please dont hold me to anything above check with your dealer.
I take no responsibility for any action you take with the comments
I have made above.

Thats my little get out free clause above.

Hope you have some luck.
Neil.

Tornado T5
05-07-2007, 10:00 PM
Hi Neil,
Thanks for the info, I'll read mine thoroughly. One point I just remembered was the dropping of Stamp duty rates in Vic, whether this was for passenger vehicles only or all motor cars I will have to check. I know I got a good discount when I signed back in March and the question is would the dealer have given me the same dollar value discount, if I was negotiating today on the new lower list price?

neil
05-07-2007, 10:14 PM
Hi Neil,
Thanks for the info, I'll read mine thoroughly. One point I just remembered was the dropping of Stamp duty rates in Vic, whether this was for passenger vehicles only or all motor cars I will have to check. I know I got a good discount when I signed back in March and the question is would the dealer have given me the same dollar value discount, if I was negotiating today on the new lower list price?

I think you should try for the discount at current prices.
You have to remember the Australian dollar is higher now than
in march when you signed.
A higher dollar would be better for importers. cars should be cheaper.
Neil.

Tornado T5
05-07-2007, 10:28 PM
Hmmmm yeah I think it would be quite tough to negotiate now you colud always try :D

Never buy around June-August LOL thats when new stock becomes old Model Years and new MYs are up for order.
That's the problem with long delivery times, I ordered in March and might take delivery tomorrow.

Tornado T5
06-07-2007, 10:16 PM
I found out today that the MY08 T5's have been decontented slightly. I don't have exact details but things like 2 radio speakers vs 4, type of standard radio, the single remote window close feature (don't know about this as I don't have mine yet) and a few others that I learned about while talking with the Sales Manager about the price drop occurring before I get hand over. Not sure if the removed features add up to the $2410 price drop on a MY08 T5 LWB auto however it seems like the "old Inchape" days may have come back slightly, which is very odd considering the $Aust is up etc....dealers have been given some incentives on current stock MY07's and considering the decontenting it seems they're better buys until I can get a full spec sheet and "suss" out the changes

phaeton
06-07-2007, 10:18 PM
My bet is VGA is trying to get VWCV sales up by this new pricing regime.

I wonder if Caddy or Crafter have had decontenting ?????

Tornado T5
06-07-2007, 10:28 PM
My bet is VGA is trying to get VWCV sales up by this new pricing regime.

I wonder if Caddy or Crafter have had decontenting ?????
I'd guess Crafter is still too new so hopefully not while I don't know about Caddy's however if it's leading it's market then probably not while the T5's are obvioulsy not the market leader and a price drop with a bigger options list looks more (deceptively) attractive initially at purchase time as I think a buyer looks at options as a cost they are adding to the car because of what they are desiring while the base price is something the dealer is setting...or so my very basic marketing brain would suggest.

phaeton
06-07-2007, 10:41 PM
I'd guess Crafter is still too new so hopefully not while I don't know about Caddy's however if it's leading it's market then probably not while the T5's are obvioulsy not the market leader and a price drop with a bigger options list looks more (deceptively) attractive initially at purchase time as I think a buyer looks at options as a cost they are adding to the car because of what they are desiring while the base price is something the dealer is setting...or so my very basic marketing brain would suggest.

Yeah you are right no serious changes in Crafter or Caddy pricing due to your above explanations ;)

Yes deceptive is the right word but if it gets the name out there I'm happy :D

Would rather VW sell lesser specced (not less on safety stuff) Transporters than Toyota sell more HiAces :( horrible horrible van.

Tornado T5
06-07-2007, 10:45 PM
Would rather VW sell lesser specced (not less on safety stuff) Transporters than Toyota sell more HiAces :( horrible horrible van.
Not wrong, why they dropped the SBV as it came with wing doors and better frontal impact protection, then brought out a van that looks more like a Kia.... I know you get more load area with a cab-over engine design but not at the expense of safety in my book thank you...

phaeton
06-07-2007, 10:48 PM
Not wrong, why they dropped the SBV as it came with wing doors and better frontal impact protection, then brought out a van that looks more like a Kia.... I know you get more load area with a cab-over engine design but not at the expense of safety in my book thank you...

Yeah the SBV had a T4 look about it which Toyota needed IMO but $$$$ rule the world enough said :D

WEDEL.1
06-07-2007, 11:21 PM
I have a small solution to your problem.

Send me your postal address & I will:

1. Send you a cd &/or DVD of stirring German musik.
2. Send you a bottle of Port/sweet Cherry.

Application as follows:

1. Take 1/3 of the contents of bottle (neat).
2. Play the Geman musik (loud).
3. Continue to empty the bottle.

The world will be a wunderfull place :-)

Seriously, I hope you get it at the right price. Tornado Red is going to look special. Will the bumpers be colour-coded?

The pic is (I presume) a Tornado Red LWB 4Motion from the Tasmanian Bug-In.

Maris

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/6337/20070408115ql8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Shot with SP310 (http://profile.imageshack.us/camerabuy.php?model=SP310&make=OLYMPUS+IMAGING+CORP) at 2007-07-06

Tornado T5
08-07-2007, 09:33 PM
Seriously, I hope you get it at the right price. Tornado Red is going to look special. Will the bumpers be colour-coded?

The pic is (I presume) a Tornado Red LWB 4Motion from the Tasmanian Bug-In.

Maris

Yes my bumpers are colour coded...slight delay with the after market accessory installation side so might get hand over on Tues 10th.

WEDEL.1
10-07-2007, 02:01 PM
That T5 I pictured looked fantastic, with coloured bumpers, it will be fantastic. Pics ASAP please.

Regards
Maris

PS.. Did you do any good with the price?

Tornado T5
11-07-2007, 08:34 PM
That T5 I pictured looked fantastic, with coloured bumpers, it will be fantastic. Pics ASAP please.

Regards
Maris

PS.. Did you do any good with the price?
Will get some pics by the weekend, gotta say it's looks too good to be used as a delivery van....as to price....well "it's a special order with over 10 options, not a plain vanilla white van so sorry we paid for it a long time ago"....then I found out about some MY08 de-contenting that went with the price drop, although I haven't even really gone over my MY07 T5 to see what all the features are....one I discovered by accident (I'm guessing it's on the passenger models) is when I turn the driver's door lock left with the key and hold it, it will raise any open windows...better read the manual I guess.

Wino
31-07-2007, 11:53 AM
sounds just like VW aust..
we bought a top of the line bora V5 ... then they released the jetta that saw the comparative car listed at about $10k cheaper.

Hasn't been enough to turn us off VW for good... but it's bloody close

shogun2
01-08-2007, 02:40 PM

On the note about safety - we were in another accident on the weekend (2nd in two months, both not our fault). This time I was slowing to let the person in front park when this young dude hit us in th rear. I have some whiplash that I am seeing a physio for. The other car smashed the headlights and bumper, and THERE IS NOT A SCRATCH ON THE MULTIVANj:

flightlessbird
15-08-2007, 09:06 PM
Still 06 vehicles being shipped so dont hold your breath for 08's

flightlessbird
15-08-2007, 09:07 PM
Caddy fully sold
Crafter sold out till next year

Tornado T5
15-08-2007, 10:06 PM
Still 06 vehicles being shipped so dont hold your breath for 08's
How is that possible as I took delivery of my MY07 T5 on 10 July and it has a June 07 build date? Or do you mean local aussie dealers are still selling MY06 models (ie. old stock)?

phaeton
16-08-2007, 08:53 AM
Caddy fully sold
Crafter sold out till next year

WOW VWCV Aust. are on a high.

My sources tell me though that the Crafter sales are limited to 2000K per year, due to MB-VW JV :o

They will definitely break records again this year.