PDA

View Full Version : Some APR questions for Guy.

Pullstarter
08-12-2011, 09:31 PM
I'm sure you're all as eager as I am about finding out what will be available from the good people at APR for the much awaited Scirocco R :)

Will there be a turbo back exhaust available?

Will there be a Carbonio intake available?

Will you be offering all stages of tunes for the Scirocco?

Would be great if you could give us an indication of when the stuff will be available and any rough estimates on pricing etc?

I realise I may be jumping the gun a little but I'm very eager to find out the answers as I intend to get my Scirocco APR'd as soon as possible :)

Cheers
Simon

Guy_H
14-12-2011, 06:46 PM
Sorry for the delay, just got back :) - actually was working on a big bunch of Scirocco R's & Golf R's. A lot of fun. (look for pictures on facebook).

Anyway, most of the mods for the Scirocco are the same as the Golf R, so software / intercooler / Fuel pump / intake / sway bars / suspension / stage 3 kits etc will all interchange. We have already tuned the NZ version & expect ours to be identical.

Spent a bit of time in the saddle at the Shanghai F1 circuit, and I'm impressed. The dynamics over the GTI (which I love) are great, and the ability to get 265 rubber under the front with the correct offset wheels is a brilliant way to get grip!

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

14 December 2011 | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.327585753918932.89180.197439520266890&type=1)

Corey_R
14-12-2011, 06:54 PM
Guy, there is a Scirocco there with a red intake pipe heading to the "pod" style Carbonio intake. Is this a future APR product and a solution to what we've discussed in the past?

Pullstarter
14-12-2011, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the info Guy, will the GTI exhaust fit the Scirocco?

Guy_H
15-12-2011, 06:44 PM
Guy, there is a Scirocco there with a red intake pipe heading to the "pod" style Carbonio intake. Is this a future APR product and a solution to what we've discussed in the past?

Hey Corey,

They are still working on a new carbon version, that red one had fuel trim issues unfortunately.

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

Thanks for the info Guy, will the GTI exhaust fit the Scirocco?

Unfortunately not.