PDA

View Full Version : VCDS not talking to Air Con Controller - 2005 T5 van

VWthevan
06-12-2011, 05:35 PM
Hi there,

I purchased recently one of those Ross-Tech VCDS scanners with the USB-CAN interface. It seems to work very well however it cannot access the air conditioner control module on my 2005 T5 Transporter van with the 3.2L V6 petrol engine (7H vin number series).

Has anyone used one of these devices on the same model Transporter as mine, as I am not sure if my vehicle has a wiring fault to the air con controller or the vehicle was not built with an air con diagnostic feature.

The air-con works and has just been tested by an air con workshop who also had troubles accessing the air con control module with a scanner too.

Any ideas on what is going on here?

And yes, this forum is great and I plan to contribute when I can

Jmac
10-12-2011, 06:16 PM
Ok without looking at my notes , you have VCDS, do a full sweep of the ECUs mate, see if the Can Gateway is in fact there, if yes go straight to that ECU. and then check the fault codes, if the AC is down it should in fact say no comms with AC, if it doesnt have Gateway then the Hub is in the Cluster. If in the Cluster open it up in 17 instruments, then go to Measured block 124 , 125 , 126 and you should see whats talking or not, you should have 1 for alive or 0 for down. If you cant talk to an ECU generally its the power to that ECU or that ECU itself where the drama lies.
If you need more help chime mate, would have earlier but been mega busy and probably too late for ya
Cheers
Jmac

PranK
11-04-2012, 10:42 AM
Sorry to open an old thread, ****s me to tears when people can't say thanks after getting the info they need.

Good to know that the VCDS will infact talk to the AC, I'm closer to getting one now and need to find out whats wrong with my wifes Passat's ac.

Thanks!