PDA

View Full Version : What deal did you get?

Pages : [1] 2

why_999
01-12-2011, 09:27 PM
Hi guys,
Just want to start a thread so we can share the deals we manged to get out out local dealers... And hopefully help us get better deals :-)

I will start...

Candy White
DSG
Sun roof
Sat Nav.
window tint

All for just over $57k
Estimated date 15/01/2012

Cheers all
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Miguul
02-12-2011, 06:10 PM
Hi Everyone,

New to the forum and this will be my first Volkswagen car
I recently ordered one in black with all option for 58k, Est of 30/01/2012.

Price seems to be middle of the road but it was the first dealer I spoke to and they didn't seem hell bent
on ripping me off.
Was tough letting go of the RS250 Cup Trophee though.

Cheers

Bain
07-01-2012, 10:31 PM
Candy White
DSG
Sun roof
Sat Nav.
window tint

59k - Barlow World on Nepean Hwy.

Not sure on delivery as I wanted a 2012 plated vehicle, will find out mid next week on delivery times.

ZIO
08-01-2012, 09:03 AM
I went to barloworld on nepean they said 6 months. I've had an order in since September tho - ETA April

Bain
08-01-2012, 03:20 PM
I went to barloworld on nepean they said 6 months. I've had an order in since September tho - ETA April

What specs are you after?

tonyjai
08-01-2012, 10:00 PM
Rising Blue
DSG
No options

ZIO
08-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Candy White (any options)

why_999
08-01-2012, 10:50 PM
Zio,
Give Sutherland VW a call, I think they still have a CW whenI was doing the call around. And it's the first batch I think.

Bain
09-01-2012, 10:58 AM
Candy White (any options)

They had a no options CW at Barloworld on Nepean when I was in there on Saturday. Speak to Lara - shes who assisted me.

Mac135
09-01-2012, 05:37 PM
I'm in the 58/59K range at the moment for a fully loaded car with DSG.

Might yet do a little better as we have not got to the final negotiating stage as yet.

My biggest issue is what colour to order - choice of two for me. Rising Blue or Indium Grey. Anybody else ordered the Indium?

Bain
10-01-2012, 11:21 AM
Just got a call from Barloworld - Car will be ready to pickup on 1st Feb!

ZIO
10-01-2012, 03:42 PM
no way ! - that's crazy its not 2012 plated then..?

tonyjai
10-01-2012, 07:10 PM
Denlo Parra has a RB DSG + sunroof + sat nav coming in during april, McCarrols Hornsby has one in CW DSG fully optioned available right now

Bain
11-01-2012, 05:57 AM
no way ! - that's crazy its not 2012 plated then..?

Ill be calling them back today to confirm. If its not 2012 plated I wont be accepting it, which means someone here will be able to pre-order it if they want one off the first shipment.

Klink1313
11-01-2012, 09:27 AM
It will have a 2012 compliance plate if it arrives in 2012 and would still be a 2012 model year but it will have a 2011 build date (unless it was built in the last 11 days)

Andych
11-01-2012, 10:17 AM
That is the reason why it takes a couple of weeks from when the ship lands to when the car is at the Stealership, VWA have them Complianced... so as Klink says.. it will be 2012 Complianced but will be a 2011 build and built to MY2012 specs..
Confusing isn't it..
It gets even more confusing when some states use Build date for identification and others use Compliance date....
In the end it doesn't really matter as long as it is an MY2012.

Bain
11-01-2012, 10:47 AM
Just confirmed with my Sales person (Lara), build date is 2012.

The first shipment of cars was from last year, 2nd shipment which is arriving at the docks this week is 2012. Guess we will see on the day when I go to sign the papers!

If all the planets align, I should be in my new car by mid Feb.

Andych
11-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Sorry mate but they are WRONG unless they have Airfreighted your car. The actual build date will be 2011.
I know because my car is still on the water and not due to land in Australia until the 26th January....it was built in week 42 of 2011.

The Stealer does not know what you are asking... as explained before... all the Scirocco R's coming in (first shipment or these shipments) are MY2012... Model Year.

Ask them for the actual build week, they can screenshot it from their system.

Finance_Analyst
11-01-2012, 11:50 AM
earliest 2012 builds will arrive April. That I know cos I ordered my GTI in Jan 2011 and got it May 2011 (arrived in country April 2011).

It is around 12 weeks shipping time

brimway
11-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Have you ordered your Scirocco yet Bernie?

Finance_Analyst
11-01-2012, 12:23 PM
haha not yet! Somehow the finances do not allow two expensive cars atm!

Bain
11-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Sorry mate but they are WRONG unless they have Airfreighted your car. The actual build date will be 2011.
I know because my car is still on the water and not due to land in Australia until the 26th January....it was built in week 42 of 2011.

The Stealer does not know what you are asking... as explained before... all the Scirocco R's coming in (first shipment or these shipments) are MY2012... Model Year.

Ask them for the actual build week, they can screenshot it from their system.

Edit: Update-

Youre right, she was giving me the compliance date. Shes sent me through all the info on the vehicle.

Commission : 2011 / 227xxx

Production ID
Week : 41
Day : 5
Number: 0154
Year : 2011

Oh well - compliance date is fine due to it being an import this is the date Ill use to sell it in 3/4 years time.

Also - just a heads up, they are looking at 8 months lead time on any DSG vehicle that is currently not already on the way here (according to her stock GM).

Mac135
11-01-2012, 06:01 PM
Edit: Update-

they are looking at 8 months lead time on any DSG vehicle that is currently not already on the way here (according to her stock GM).

Ouch, I'm just about to order tomorrow...and was told by dealer today to expect late June delivery. Planned spec:

Indium Grey
DSG
Sar/Nav
Dynaudio
Sunroof

Don't mind that it is a bit of a wait - my 135i is only just over two years old so there is no urgency to move it on. I had reconciled that it would be June but August or September starts to seem a long way away.

poloplayer
11-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Has anyone been able to get a test drive without having to order one? I was told today by Barloworld Glen Waverley that unless I was going to deal today, I wasn't allowed to test drive their roc because they didn't want to put too many k's on it. Otherwise I'd have to wait till April for there to be more cars...

triode12
11-01-2012, 07:09 PM
Try another dealer. It is ridiculous that they would impose such a condition on you.

I test drove one last week at Chatswood Classic in Sydney and I told the dealer specifically that I wasn't going to buy that day. He still let me test drive the car.

Andych
11-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Has anyone been able to get a test drive without having to order one? I was told today by Barloworld Glen Waverley that unless I was going to deal today, I wasn't allowed to test drive their roc because they didn't want to put too many k's on it. Otherwise I'd have to wait till April for there to be more cars...
Contact VWA and complain...that really is not kosher.

why_999
11-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Has anyone been able to get a test drive without having to order one? .

Tell the dealer your tossing between the scirocco and the megane. Then watch them bend over.. and of course you want to mention you want to test drive both before committing.

poloplayer
11-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Yeah I would never deal with Barloworld Glen Waverley. When I bought my Polo I went in there for service and all they told me was that they didn't have the car there, but I could have a brochure as a substitute. No follow up whatsoever. I only went to them for a drive since they're the closest. Will definitely be sending an e-mail to VWA.

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Tell the dealer your tossing between the scirocco and the megane. Then watch them bend over.. and of course you want to mention you want to test drive both before committing.

I actually have, and they're just up the road too! The salesman didn't even ask a single question about me to gauge how serious I was. He probably thinks the Scirocco's as rare and as magical as a unicorn.

Andych
11-01-2012, 09:57 PM
He probably thinks the Scirocco's as rare and as magical as a unicorn.
Well of course they are... :driver:

ZIO
12-01-2012, 08:29 AM
So have bought the white DSG that was available from McCarrols in Waitara NSW (59k on the road in VIC - ETA 20th Jan) ! Wohoo. There will be a White DSG with Sunroof and Dynaudio available from VIC Geelong Dealer for April delivery if anybody is interested.

Bain
12-01-2012, 09:04 AM
So have bought the white DSG that was available from McCarrols in Waitara NSW (59k on the road in VIC - ETA 20th Jan) ! Wohoo. There will be a White DSG with Sunroof and Dynaudio available from VIC Geelong Dealer for April delivery if anybody is interested.

Grats! Thats some serious searching! Are they shipping it down or are you heading up to get it?

ZIO
12-01-2012, 09:51 AM
Grats! Thats some serious searching! Are they shipping it down or are you heading up to get it?

Yeah they are shipping it to me so I'm at the mercy of the freight companies schedule as well from Syd > Melb - hope that it comes in perfect with no marks / scratches.

Mac135
12-01-2012, 10:49 AM
Drove a car at Camberwell VW without commitment but South Yarra VW were not prepared to let their car out of the showroom.

Bain
12-01-2012, 12:38 PM
Drove a car at Camberwell VW without commitment but South Yarra VW were not prepared to let their car out of the showroom.
Might be an issue with the smaller dealers as they get smaller amounts of cars.

Funnily enough, my car was stolen from the Camberwell VW shipment and is being rerouted to BW on Nepean Hwy (according to the VW system)

Mac135
13-01-2012, 04:48 PM
Agreed a purchase today.

57K for DSG, roof, dynaudio and sat/nav. Includes Euro plates too.

The dealer has also agreed a guaranteed minimum for the Bimmer - which is key to doing the deal.

Now the wait- late June delivery I'm told. Not expecting to see it until July or even August. So that will be a 2012 build.

Still to confirm colour. Rising blue or Indium Grey are the only two I'm considering. I have until Monday to confirm.

Anyone want to offer an opinion on the colour choice?

ZIO
13-01-2012, 06:02 PM
I've yet to see the grey in person but my feelings were the blue was a bit too 'dark/conservative'

Andych
13-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Agreed a purchase today.

The dealer has also agreed a guaranteed minimum for the Bimmer - which is key to doing the deal.

Now the wait- late June delivery I'm told. Not expecting to see it until July or even August. So that will be a 2012 build.

Still to confirm colour. Rising blue or Indium Grey are the only two I'm considering. I have until Monday to confirm.

I have seen the Grey in Singapore and it is a sweet choice... much classier than RB in my opinion....
You may end up waiting a bit longer than you think... there is a worldwide shortage of DSG bits and they are now talking 9 months lead time on Golf R with DSG so Scirocco will be the same.
You might end up with an MY2013

tee_off
13-01-2012, 11:13 PM
Agreed a purchase today.

I have seen the Grey in Singapore and it is a sweet choice... much classier than RB in my opinion....
You may end up waiting a bit longer than you think... there is a worldwide shortage of DSG bits and they are now talking 9 months lead time on Golf R with DSG so Scirocco will be the same.
You might end up with an MY2013

The dealers I've asked have all said 9 months. There was a hail damaged grey scirocco at Camberwell VW if you want to have a look - I went just after boxing day

Mac135
13-01-2012, 11:17 PM
[QUOTE=Andych;763563
You might end up with an MY2013[/QUOTE]

Oh well, in for the long haul. Thanks for the co our advice. I drove the grey dsg at Camberwell VW and I do think it looks classy - leaning toward the grey at this stage.

tee_off
13-01-2012, 11:22 PM
Oh well, in for the long haul. Thanks for the co our advice. I drove the grey dsg at Camberwell VW and I do think it looks classy - leaning toward the grey at this stage.

I like the blue. BTW great deal, did you get it from camberwell?

Mac135
14-01-2012, 12:25 PM
The dealers I've asked have all said 9 months. There was a hail damaged grey scirocco at Camberwell VW if you want to have a look - I went just after boxing day

Thanks -have driven that car. I'm getting some options and that has no options. I'll be patient if I have to.

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

From the Geelong dealer. By fourth VW/Audi purchase from them over the years. They also have the local BMW dealership so moving the 135i if it comes to that is easier for them

tee_off
14-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Thanks -have driven that car. I'm getting some options and that has no options. I'll be patient if I have to.

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

From the Geelong dealer. By fourth VW/Audi purchase from them over the years. They also have the local BMW dealership so moving the 135i if it comes to that is easier for them

Did you have to approach the camberwell dealers for service? I've been a few times and never got any

Bflat
14-01-2012, 02:06 PM
Did you have to approach the camberwell dealers for service? I've been a few times and never got any

I've had the same level of unattentiveness whilst visiting Camberwell.
Don't get me wrong, I hate naggy salesmen but those who blatantly ignore you confuse me no end.

Mac135
15-01-2012, 05:40 PM
I had a test drive with them last Friday - 10 days ago. Have heard nothing since.

That's OK, deal done of Friday with Gorell's in Geelong. Good deal, nice people. My fourth VW/Audi product from them following an A3 1.8T, GTI, Tiguan 147 and now the R.

Vwphile
15-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Have seen the Indium and the Blue. I like the blue more. Its vibrant and befitting the car. I think the grey is a little dull

tee_off
15-01-2012, 09:33 PM
Have seen the Indium and the Blue. I like the blue more. Its vibrant and befitting the car. I think the grey is a little dull

Which dealer has the blue? I've only seen green (glen waverley, burwin) and grey (camberwell).

Bain
16-01-2012, 06:09 AM
Which dealer has the blue? I've only seen green (glen waverley, burwin) and grey (camberwell).

BW on Nepean Hwy, Moorabbin. They have it in Blue, DSG with satnav as their demo.

mr gee
16-01-2012, 10:34 AM
Burwin has a blue in their backlot

Mac135
16-01-2012, 05:59 PM
That's fair enough.

It seems that the most popular colours are the white, black and blue. I have a black car now and never again. The white is just not me. The blue does look fantastic- Gorell's have one if you can't find one in Melbourne. And I've sen on on the road here in the sunshine- it was dazzling I'll admit.

I think the grey looks classy and understated. There won't be many around I'm guessing. The silver was discounted because we already have a reflex silver Tiguan.

vesssh
17-01-2012, 07:09 AM
So has anyone actually taken delivery of the Scirocco yet?

I hear that there is a leather option available to the Australian delivered cars now?

Andych
17-01-2012, 08:42 AM
I hear that there is a leather option available to the Australian delivered cars now?
Not that my stealer knows about... and it isn't on the VWA website or brochure..

ZIO
17-01-2012, 08:55 AM
So has anyone actually taken delivery of the Scirocco yet?

My car is going on a truck to come to me tomorrow so maybe (but unlikely) i'll have it before the end of the week :)

Pretty sure there is no leather option which is a real shame , BUT perhaps we can organize a group deal to go get our cars trimmed.

Vwphile
17-01-2012, 12:18 PM

I saw the Blue at Camberwell. Apparently, it was a press car and was being kept at Camberwell a few days. Dealer told me it will be crunched as it is not an Aussie spec car. What a waste! I happened to see it on my 1st enquiry before XMas. I'm keen on the white, but the Blue is pretty stunning. Camberwell also has a manual green which looks a bit lairy.

Andych
17-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Viper Green would be great for about a week I think... I love the colour...I just couldn't live with it.
Black... been there... done that... stunning when detailed but a cow to keep that way.
Rising Blue... stunning but...it is a dark colour and again... great when it is super clean...hard to keep that way (IMO)
Reflex Silver... not me...
Indium Grey... very different... there won't be many of them..

My choice... Candy White.. it really does justice to the curves and Fat Rear end... IMO anyway.

Bain
17-01-2012, 02:35 PM
My choice... Candy White.. it really does justice to the curves and Fat Rear end... IMO anyway.

Elegant yet sexy with a dash of wild animal under the hood. My kind of car and colour!

BrianS
17-01-2012, 05:56 PM
Off to look and drive one Saturday after seeing the green one in pvw this month am so tempted, just dont understand the lack of leather option

Mac135
17-01-2012, 06:25 PM

I've only found one other owner with the grey on the Uk forums (rforum, scirocco net, scirocco central) so far.

I would have considered a Salsa Red if available here.

ZIO
17-01-2012, 08:37 PM
I've only found one other owner with the grey on the Uk forums (rforum, scirocco net, scirocco central) so far.

I would have considered a Salsa Red if available here.

There is a grey DSG (no options) ready to be delivered from VW in Geelong if anybody wanted a cheap grey.

Mac135
17-01-2012, 09:12 PM
I want my options so I'll wait....and wait

Vwphile
17-01-2012, 10:38 PM
I agree with your sentiments, except Rising Blue is not dark. Its more light blue than dark blue. I think I could live with it..........

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Viper Green would be great for about a week I think... I love the colour...I just couldn't live with it.
Black... been there... done that... stunning when detailed but a cow to keep that way.
Rising Blue... stunning but...it is a dark colour and again... great when it is super clean...hard to keep that way (IMO)
Reflex Silver... not me...

I agree with your sentiments, except Rising Blue is not dark. Its more light blue than dark blue. I think I could live with it..........

Digger11
18-01-2012, 01:01 PM
Love the Scirocco. Serously looking at getting one as a weekend car.
Will probably get black as it looks great in this colour, and i enjoy keeping it clean.
Really surprised by the support for white on this forum as all white cars to me look like Corollas or Camrys on their way to bowls (and adding the word "candy" reads great on a forum but doesnt change the colour in real life.

BLAKROC
18-01-2012, 02:39 PM
+1 for black :D

Will probably get black as it looks great in this colour, and i enjoy keeping it clean.
Really surprised by the support for white on this forum as all white cars to me look like Corollas or Camrys on their way to bowls (and adding the word "candy" reads great on a forum but doesnt change the colour in real life.

Miguul
18-01-2012, 04:36 PM
I was one of those that wanted a white one too, but had to wait til april.
But they happened to have a black that's ready in two weeks time. Thus, I'm sold !

GoldCoastVolkswagen
18-01-2012, 04:50 PM
They had a no options CW at Barloworld on Nepean when I was in there on Saturday. Speak to Lara - shes who assisted me.

Feel free to call me (Rob) tomorrow on (07) 55838 945. I can supply Scirocco's and can also register in NSW for you. I am sales manager of Gold Coast VW and also stock controller, so I am more than happy to help.

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

Suprisingly enough Digger, candy White seems to be the new black. It's not a fleet white colour as you are used to seeing, but more of a lacquer white. We sell a lot of Candy White. 19's, Black tint and a Candy white duco. Nice Combo! With this in mind, I've always loved black too..

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

I just want to say, as a dealer,we are always happy to do a deal on a car. It's hard to compare prices as every scenario is different. If we have a car IN stock and it means selling it off the floor, we are always more inclined to do a deal on that compared to something we have to buy in and freight etc. If you are a little flexible with colours/options, it may help you to get the right VW at the right price.

I am always happy to assist with any enquiries.

Bain
18-01-2012, 07:48 PM

Each to their own really. For me the white enhances the curves of this type of car whereas I think the darker colours hide the curves.

Digger11
19-01-2012, 11:09 AM
Yep, each to their own. If we all had the same taste we would all be driving black Sciroccos !!!

Mac135
19-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Or white Camry's.......

Vwphile
19-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Just to change the direction of the thread back to the title.

I've been to one dealer in Melb. (who shall remain nameless) who is adamant that there is no discount, not even one cent, on the Rocco. Even went on further to say that if I wanted one from interstate, I would be up for shipping costs to transport one from interstate and also the cost of transporting the swap from this dealer!!

Has anyone else had the same reluctance to discount? Will I get a discount if I put my money where my mouth is?

Reading all those discounts you guys are getting makes me envious!

Mac135
19-01-2012, 09:02 PM
Yes I think I spoke to the same dealer. The line about swapping and transport costs is consistent with your experience. They also wanted an extraordinary amount to deliver the car compared to the deal I did.

Rule of supply and demand I guess, if they can sell them for a premium because of limited availability then fair enough.

Bain
19-01-2012, 09:45 PM

I've been to one dealer in Melb. (who shall remain nameless) who is adamant that there is no discount, not even one cent, on the Rocco. Even went on further to say that if I wanted one from interstate, I would be up for shipping costs to transport one from interstate and also the cost of transporting the swap from this dealer!!

Has anyone else had the same reluctance to discount? Will I get a discount if I put my money where my mouth is?

I didnt get any discounts but then again I wanted my car now and not in a few months.

Also have to look at what options people got for the price they paid.

Mine was 59502 drive away with satnav and sunroof. Pick up on Monday.

Andych
20-01-2012, 06:36 AM
Yep... my experience here in NSW is there is nothing in the way of Discounts to be had for cars that are here now or about to be here.
I ordered mine in August so no Discount.
I don't think there are any massive savings to be had by waiting...at this stage there isn't even Corp Plus available on them so don't fell like you are on your own... we are all in pretty much the same boat..
I think the best you are going to do is to get something off the Dealer delivery charges... at least for a car in the next Month.

triode12
20-01-2012, 10:39 AM

Yeah - got the same line from my dealer here in NSW. But I think it is BS because I visited another dealer and he has a list of them coming in - all unspoken for. Once the initial demand has been satisfied, these 3DR cars will be harder to move than 5DR ones. Then you will see a sharp rise in discounting. If you are patient - you could save yourself a lot of $$.

Bain
20-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Yeah - got the same line from my dealer here in NSW. But I think it is BS because I visited another dealer and he has a list of them coming in - all unspoken for. Once the initial demand has been satisfied, these 3DR cars will be harder to move than 5DR ones. Then you will see a sharp rise in discounting. If you are patient - you could save yourself a lot of $$.

I dont think that will be the case at all. They blocked the 3 door Golf R coming to to Aus for this car. To me the 5 door version of the Golf R looks the same as the base model TDI Golf.

If you want something that isnt standard and is only available in the R spec version, youll be buying a Scirocco. BW on Nepean has 6 vehicles unsold out of the 50 they were allocated and those 6 wont be delivered for another 3 months.

Mac135
20-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Isn't it all down to supply and demand? Clearly there is some pent up demand for the cars. Time will tell how popular they actually turn out to be and how well VW manages the supply.

What's been sold or ordered to date has largely been done with out much major media - the local reviews and comparisons are still to come. My guess is they will help determine whether there are some bargains in six months time or whether there remains a full order book at VW a la the mkv gti or the current Polo. In the meantime I reckon how much you want one will determine how much you pay.

kche3572
22-01-2012, 08:45 AM
I can only manage to get $1200 off on a demo.
Well I really need the car right now so I'm pretty happy on the price

why_999
23-01-2012, 09:10 AM
Got the best wake up call today... my CW beauty will mine on Wednesday..

DEVO
28-01-2012, 08:21 AM
No coporate discount but the dealer gave me $1100 off the Dealer delivery charges on a Scirocco RB, DSG, Sunroof

Andych
28-01-2012, 08:55 AM
Nice one... at the moment that is about as good as you are going to get I think...

Nice to see the ranks are building... so far colours seem to be CW and RB with Mac135 opting for Indium Grey.... any others?

ZIO
28-01-2012, 09:02 AM
Nice one... at the moment that is about as good as you are going to get I think...

Nice to see the ranks are building... so far colours seem to be CW and RB with Mac135 opting for Indium Grey.... any others?

Saw a green one on chapel street last night.

Andych
28-01-2012, 09:16 AM
Saw a green one on chapel street last night.
You were out cruising then??? :biggrin:

Mac135
28-01-2012, 10:02 AM
To be honest I would have thought there might have been a few more deliveries by this point than there appears to be. On this forum we have a couple of RB and CW cars already with owners. Is that all?

ZIO
28-01-2012, 10:52 AM
You were out cruising then??? :biggrin:

Possibly - although I did need milk

Andych
28-01-2012, 11:44 AM
Possibly - although I did need milk
When you only have 100km on the clock... any excuse to go for a spin is a good excuse... how long was the drive to get milk?

BrianS
28-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Dealer here isn't shifting one bit on anything, off to see the only other dealer in the state later to see what he can come up with otherwise it may be a hold out and wait or see about interstate

ZIO
29-01-2012, 01:06 AM
When you only have 100km on the clock... any excuse to go for a spin is a good excuse... how long was the drive to get milk?

About an hour and a half :p

why_999
29-01-2012, 10:24 AM
Just went to pick up the car today... And thank you VW nice chip and a scratch on the rear bumper bar.. Another week wait now to get that fixed... Not happy what I'm going to do today plans all down the drain!

But what an exhaust note... Just put a smile on your face.

Andych
29-01-2012, 10:26 AM
Just went to pick up the car today... And thank you VW nice chip and a scratch on the rear bumper bar.. Another week wait now to get that fixed... Not happy what I'm going to do today plans all down the drain!

But an exhaust note... Just put a smile on your face.

Pretty slack the stealer didn't spot that in the Pre-Delivery.... which stealer is it?

Mac135
29-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Dealer here isn't shifting one bit on anything, off to see the only other dealer in the state later to see what he can come up with otherwise it may be a hold out and wait or see about interstate

There do seem to be a few cars on forecourts here in Melbourne. Obviously dependent on colour and spec. A couple of grand off the total on road price does seem to be a realistic possibility.

why_999
29-01-2012, 10:47 AM
Pretty slack the stealer didn't spot that in the Pre-Delivery.... which stealer is it?

VW Five Dock...

Now it's of to the painters for a respray. Our I can get then to reorder a new bumper from VW..

Edit:
This will my first new car.. What's the usual procedure in this event?

Bain
29-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Usually they will touch up the car. With any new mass manufactured car there can be issues with paint run, paint spatter etc. Pre-delivery is usually when all that get fixed.

Get them to respray the rear bumper the car is brand new so you wont have any issues with colour matching.

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Also make sure its listed on the precheck and that it needs to be fixed before sign off. You have to sign off in the vehicle that its in mint condition.

P.S couldnt edit my above post on a samsung galaxy tab for some reason

why_999
29-01-2012, 11:55 AM
Thanks mate...

Probably will get it resprayed... I'm sick of waiting.

Bain
29-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Thanks mate...

Probably will get it resprayed... I'm sick of waiting.

Hahah i hear ya man!

I went without a sunroof! (which im kind of glad i did now)

Andych
29-01-2012, 02:18 PM
Hahah i hear ya man!

I went without a sunroof! (which im kind of glad i did now)

At least you lot have got yours.... mine is somewhere between Port Kembla and my Stealer.. generally it is 2 weeks from when it leaves the ship till hitting the stealer... so I still have about 10 days to go.

sc77
29-01-2012, 07:46 PM
I'll make you feel better about the scratch and stone chip: i discovered a scrape under the front bumper, a dent in the roof edge above drivers window plus 3 more subtle (ie you need to really look and get it in the right light but they are there) dents in both doors. Not picked up pre delivery and given it was raining all last week ( took delivery wed) l didn't notice until yesterday when car finally dried. Great to have the car, just awesome and love RS colour. Hate that my brand spanking car is off to panel beater Tuesday...

All you guys make sure you go over your cars in plenty of detail. I just trusted all would be ok and drove it out. No problems with dealer agreeng to fix as all will just be pop out paintless jobs. But v annoying

Same dealer. Coincidence?

Ps paintless except bumper scrape that is, but it's under the car so not as big a deal

why_999
29-01-2012, 08:27 PM
I'll take a mate who's car painter during the week, before I pick it up...

Well atleast the panel beater up the road from them is doing well.

sc77
29-01-2012, 08:33 PM
I'll take a mate who's car painter during the week, before I pick it up...

Well atleast the panel beater up the road from them is doing well.

yeah. The only thing making me feel ok about it all is that I know the guys at regatta (panel beaters) are very good

why_999
30-01-2012, 08:13 AM
yeah. The only thing making me feel ok about it all is that I know the guys at regatta (panel beaters) are very good

Well thats some form of positive news.

Mac135
30-01-2012, 07:49 PM
[QUOTE=sc77;769847] ........and love RS colour. /QUOTE]

So am presuming you have a Reflex Silver....would be good to see some pics when she is mended.

sc77
30-01-2012, 08:34 PM
[QUOTE=sc77;769847] ........and love RS colour. /QUOTE]

So am presuming you have a Reflex Silver....would be good to see some pics when she is mended.

Yes no problem. Hoping the rain stops long enough to get some decent ones this week. Then will just need to work out how to upload pics....

Andych
30-01-2012, 08:44 PM
[QUOTE=Mac135;770254]

Yes no problem. Hoping the rain stops long enough to get some decent ones this week. Then will just need to work out how to upload pics....

Just hook yourself up on Photobucket...

Mac135
30-01-2012, 10:20 PM
[QUOTE=Mac135;770254]

Just looking to break up the blue and white theme going on in the thread on Pics of your rides. Was tempted by the reflex but the wife's Tiguan is RS. I think the grey/silver change the character of the car but I don't think we will see too many compared to RB, CW and black.

Bain
31-01-2012, 07:41 AM
[QUOTE=sc77;770296]

Just looking to break up the blue and white theme going on in the thread on Pics of your rides. Was tempted by the reflex but the wife's Tiguan is RS. I think the grey/silver change the character of the car but I don't think we will see too many compared to RB, CW and black.
I saw an Indium grey at the dealership the other day in pre-delivery. It looked great and would be my second choice if I couldnt have got the CW.

why_999
31-01-2012, 08:52 AM
@sc77

Did the guys at the dealer look after you after you mentioned the damage to the car..... Besides the repair... A gesture of good will you may say??

she_dub
31-01-2012, 01:16 PM
Another RB Scirocco here.. got treated like a moron by my local VW in Melbourne, so I decided to go to Sydney to buy one off the show room floor. Hopefully pick it up this weekend.

The deal - RB DSG with Nav for $56k OTR incl. Euro plates.

Miguul
31-01-2012, 02:44 PM
My black rocco got delayed Until next week, seems only the cw and rb are on the road at the moment

Andych
31-01-2012, 02:52 PM
My black rocco got delayed Until next week, seems only the cw and rb are on the road at the moment

When did yours come off the ship?

Miguul
31-01-2012, 03:39 PM
> off the ship on the 4th of jan
> discharged on the 12th
> delivered from port kembla on the 18th

So it's in a mystery location at the moment,
my dealership told me it will be ready to pick up next week, but they don't know what day it will be ready.

Andych
31-01-2012, 04:01 PM
> off the ship on the 4th of jan
> discharged on the 12th
> delivered from port kembla on the 18th

So it's in a mystery location at the moment,
my dealership told me it will be ready to pick up next week, but they don't know what day it will be ready.
It is generally 2 weeks from the time it rolls of the ship in whatever Port until it hits the Dealership...This is to allow them to be checked and Compliance plates attached etc.

Mac135
31-01-2012, 06:07 PM
[QUOTE=Mac135;770366]
I saw an Indium grey at the dealership the other day in pre-delivery. It looked great and would be my second choice if I couldnt have got the CW.

I'm glad that someone else likes the Indium. It was soooooooo tempting to go for RB or CW but I decided I wanted something different....but not viper different, or black (current bimmer is black)

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

56k on road for dsg and nav sounds OK. Sure it will seem even better when you pick it up.

sc77
31-01-2012, 08:05 PM
@sc77

Did the guys at the dealer look after you after you mentioned the damage to the car..... Besides the repair... A gesture of good will you may say??

They are looking after me ok I suppose. Gave me a loan car, which is a golf blue motion....no risk of swapping the Rocco! Will let you know if I can get it to 80 km/hr! Was happy to find the button to switch off the auto engine stop every time the 5 speed is put in neutral....forget 3.8l/100kms, it's not worth it!!

Was supposed to get my Rocco back this arvo but no joy, hopefully tomorrow...

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

There was a very nice reflex silver Rocco on the road in Sydney for 6 days...hopefully repaired and back in action tomorrow evening!

tee_off
31-01-2012, 08:24 PM
Another RB Scirocco here.. got treated like a moron by my local VW in Melbourne, so I decided to go to Sydney to buy one off the show room floor. Hopefully pick it up this weekend.

The deal - RB DSG with Nav for $56k OTR incl. Euro plates.

Which dealer was that in Melb?

Vwphile
01-02-2012, 07:02 AM
[QUOTE=Bain;770428]

I'm glad that someone else likes the Indium. It was soooooooo tempting to go for RB or CW but I decided I wanted something different....but not viper different, or black (current bimmer is black)

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

56k on road for dsg and nav sounds OK. Sure it will seem even better when you pick it up.

Hi Mac135

I presume you have a 135 Hatch or Coupe?

Are you keeping the 135 or trading it in?

I'm curious to know your reasoning behind getting the Rocco. The Bimmer has the badge and probably similar performance.

I'm shopping the Roc against the 125 Coupe.

Andych
01-02-2012, 07:28 AM
[QUOTE=Mac135;770726]

Hi Mac135

I presume you have a 135 Hatch or Coupe?

Are you keeping the 135 or trading it in?

I'm curious to know your reasoning behind getting the Rocco. The Bimmer has the badge and probably similar performance.

I'm shopping the Roc against the 125 Coupe.

I would have thought LOOKS for a start... possibly no Run-flat tyres second and then you have price... just my opinion though... :rolleyes:

she_dub
01-02-2012, 09:26 AM
Which dealer was that in Melb?

Bayford Volkswagen. They were asking $62,750 for a RB Scirocco with Nav and Sunroof - delivery in August.
I asked what justified the huge price hike and the late delivery and they didn't have a response. I guess they hoped I couldn't do basic arithmetic.
To top it all off, they offered me $23k for my Audi as a trade in :facepalm:

Miguul
01-02-2012, 12:59 PM
I Had a similar experience too, from the same dealer I ended up getting the rocco from. I got an offer from a different salesman of $63,500 fully optioned. Got off the chair and walked off.

Ended up doing the deal with another salesman in the very same dealer.

Andych
01-02-2012, 03:44 PM
I have just been advised my car arrived at the Dealership today.... while I was there getting my current car valued as a trade...
Only problem was no one let me know until I was home...lol.

So looks like I will be in mine early next week.

Mac135
01-02-2012, 06:35 PM
[QUOTE=Vwphile;770939]

I would have thought LOOKS for a start... possibly no Run-flat tyres second and then you have price... just my opinion though... :rolleyes:

There are a couple of reasons for the change to the Scirocco.

I will be saying goodbye to the 135.

On a practical level I could do with a bit more luggage flexibility. The 135 being booted just makes carrying stuff a little more difficult. My wife won't drive the Bimmer - in fact she hates it, 'too much stuffing around with electric seats, start buttons etc'. This often means that when I could do with swapping to her Tiguan (she has a reflex silver 147 which is a great car for what it is) for a little more luggage capacity I can't get to use it. She will drive the R and loved our previous GTI and A3.

Pros and cons:

- Bimmer build quality is modest - materials, fit and finish of the VW is I think superior, if not as 'intricate' in design terms as the BMW
- Performance in real terms around Melbourne between the R and the 135 will be similar. I'm not sure I'll notice the 0.3sec between one set of lights on Dandenong Road and the next. Rolling splits, with the DSG might be as quick as the Bimmer but more fun.
I like the DSG - when I got the 135 the BMW didn't have DCT wasn't an option ( long story but have an ankle condition that means I sometimes cannot drive a manual using the left foot. Up until about 6 years ago I was a dedicated manual man. The DSG gives you some involvement whereas the bimmer auto doesn't - even if you can shift the gears. Somehow its not the same.
This will sound really silly, but having owned several Audi/VW products before the BMW (various A3's and GTI's) I think I'm a VAG kind of guy. I feel I've gone over to the dark side for the past couple of years and want to come back.
- Price is not so much of an issue. I don't really care that the VW is 30k cheaper or the 135 20K dearer. I don't think spending more than 100k on a car is something I'd like to do but up to that point I'm OK with it. I was also looking at the Merc C coupe before settling on the R. As nice a car as it is , I think my dad should be driving it not me.
- I like the idea that the R will be relatively rare - rarer still I think in Indium. That said I'm not thinking in terms of Megane rare despite how good that car might be (i didn't consider the the renault at all when deciding on the Roc)
- The 135 is a bit ponderous and heavy though fast. I like the way the R is a bit more nimble and chuckable.

Basically I wanted a fun car. The BMW is lots of good things but it is not that much fun. Lastly, I think the BMW ownership experience is over rated - at least at in terms of a 1 series - the 3 series too for that matter as every man and is dog owns one and they are as common as, well, Golfs.

I think BMW's single advantage is RWD. Around Melbourne driving either a well sorted FWD or RWD (or AWD) is not going to make much of a difference. If I was do track days then I might think again but I'm not.

Long answer - but you did ask!

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

I Had a similar experience too, from the same dealer I ended up getting the rocco from. I got an offer from a different salesman of $63,500 fully optioned.

+1.

I left, with the promise that we would talk the following Monday. That was four weeks ago. No contact - no sale. Did a deal with Gorell's in Geelong (have purchased cars there before) for reasonable money and a decent trade in (they also owned the local BMW dealership so that helped)

Keep On Rocc'in
01-02-2012, 08:21 PM
I am a newbie to the site and jumping out of MY08 WRX into a stock with DSG in viper green, 54k OTR. Not much room to deal here in Canberra. My lease guy put a hold on it today, should find out tomorrow delivery details. Took one out last week for a test drive and was that impressed I had to get one.

Vwphile
01-02-2012, 10:25 PM
[QUOTE=Andych;770943]

There are a couple of reasons for the change to the Scirocco.

I will be saying goodbye to the 135.

On a practical level I could do with a bit more luggage flexibility. The 135 being booted just makes carrying stuff a little more difficult. My wife won't drive the Bimmer - in fact she hates it, 'too much stuffing around with electric seats, start buttons etc'. This often means that when I could do with swapping to her Tiguan (she has a reflex silver 147 which is a great car for what it is) for a little more luggage capacity I can't get to use it. She will drive the R and loved our previous GTI and A3.

Pros and cons:

- Bimmer build quality is modest - materials, fit and finish of the VW is I think superior, if not as 'intricate' in design terms as the BMW
- Performance in real terms around Melbourne between the R and the 135 will be similar. I'm not sure I'll notice the 0.3sec between one set of lights on Dandenong Road and the next. Rolling splits, with the DSG might be as quick as the Bimmer but more fun.
I like the DSG - when I got the 135 the BMW didn't have DCT wasn't an option ( long story but have an ankle condition that means I sometimes cannot drive a manual using the left foot. Up until about 6 years ago I was a dedicated manual man. The DSG gives you some involvement whereas the bimmer auto doesn't - even if you can shift the gears. Somehow its not the same.
This will sound really silly, but having owned several Audi/VW products before the BMW (various A3's and GTI's) I think I'm a VAG kind of guy. I feel I've gone over to the dark side for the past couple of years and want to come back.
- Price is not so much of an issue. I don't really care that the VW is 30k cheaper or the 135 20K dearer. I don't think spending more than 100k on a car is something I'd like to do but up to that point I'm OK with it. I was also looking at the Merc C coupe before settling on the R. As nice a car as it is , I think my dad should be driving it not me.
- I like the idea that the R will be relatively rare - rarer still I think in Indium. That said I'm not thinking in terms of Megane rare despite how good that car might be (i didn't consider the the renault at all when deciding on the Roc)
- The 135 is a bit ponderous and heavy though fast. I like the way the R is a bit more nimble and chuckable.

Basically I wanted a fun car. The BMW is lots of good things but it is not that much fun. Lastly, I think the BMW ownership experience is over rated - at least at in terms of a 1 series - the 3 series too for that matter as every man and is dog owns one and they are as common as, well, Golfs.

I think BMW's single advantage is RWD. Around Melbourne driving either a well sorted FWD or RWD (or AWD) is not going to make much of a difference. If I was do track days then I might think again but I'm not.

Long answer - but you did ask!

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

+1.

I left, with the promise that we would talk the following Monday. That was four weeks ago. No contact - no sale. Did a deal with Gorell's in Geelong (have purchased cars there before) for reasonable money and a decent trade in (they also owned the local BMW dealership so that helped)

Thanks Mac

What a great reply!

You've thought this through really deeply.

You've convinced me that the Rocco is the way to go..........certainly over the Bimmer.

Mac135
01-02-2012, 11:23 PM
Blame the wife.......if she would drive the Bimmer then I'd be holding onto it for a bit longer. As it is it will be just short of three years old by the time the R arrives. I would normally hold a car got four years.

Make sure you drive a 1 series before discarding it if you haven't already done so. I just think the R will make you smile more.

Vwphile
02-02-2012, 07:25 AM
Blame the wife.......if she would drive the Bimmer then I'd be holding onto it for a bit longer. As it is it will be just short of three years old by the time the R arrives. I would normally hold a car got four years.

Make sure you drive a 1 series before discarding it if you haven't already done so. I just think the R will make you smile more.

Thanks Mac!

preeman
02-02-2012, 11:07 AM
Hi Guys,
I got my Blue R with DSG late Dec for 55K. No other options, I just needed to get a car quickly :)
As I was in a rush to get a car immediately, no one had one and then no movement on price when I found one for delivery :facepalm:
MJ

Mac135
02-02-2012, 01:38 PM
So of the first batch of cars - at least represented here that must be 5 or 6 RB, 2 CW and everything else nil.

Andych
02-02-2012, 01:49 PM
So of the first batch of cars - at least represented here that must be 5 or 6 RB, 2 CW and everything else nil.
My stealer is delivering a Viper Green this week, my CW next week and they still have their no option DSG RB Demo plus a CW Manual sitting in the Showroom.

I read one report on Carsales which said there were 400 Roc's out in Stealerships now.

GTIPirelli
02-02-2012, 02:33 PM

I should be (fingers crossed) picking up my Indium Grey R tomorrow. It was the only one they had coming in on their allocated list when I purchased 3 weeks ago.

Andych
02-02-2012, 03:10 PM
I should be (fingers crossed) picking up my Indium Grey R tomorrow. It was the only one they had coming in on their allocated list when I purchased 3 weeks ago.
There you go Mac135... you should arrange to buy GTIPirelli a coffee so you can see the colour in real life...
I have seen one last year in Singapore and it really is a stunning colour.. even more when you have a nice tint on the windows... almost as hot as Candy White :P

Mac135
02-02-2012, 06:58 PM
I might just do that....

GTI Pirelli might also be kind enough to post some pics in the next few days.

I've seen the colour on Roc GT's in the UK and on the Camberwell VW demo. One of the cars used in the dealer launch was also and Indium. I'd be stating the obvious if I said I like it. Yes, almost as hot as CW.

sc77
02-02-2012, 07:59 PM

+ 1 reflex silver!

GTIPirelli
02-02-2012, 08:11 PM
Unfortunately was advised late today that I'll need to wait until Monday morning to pick up car. Will try to post some pics in the next week or so.

In the meantime I found a couple of pics on a UK site Scirocco Central • View topic - Indium Grey 'R' (http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10093).

Mac135
02-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Shame about having to wait. I'm a member on sciroccocentral - great forum and knowledgeable guys. All the hero shots are RB, CW and Viper. I reckon we need a hero shot or two Indium and Reflex.

preeman
02-02-2012, 11:42 PM

Not quite, I have two of the Viper Green (is that the name?) Scirocco Rs down the street, within two minutes walking distance. I thought it was the same car but I checked yesterday and they are different number plates.

That makes three cars within a five minute walk here.

kaanage
05-02-2012, 07:00 AM
- The 135 is a bit ponderous and heavy though fast.

Basically I wanted a fun car. The BMW is lots of good things but it is not that much fun.

Thanks for confirming the impression that I had from a few short drives of some 135's - somehow, the coupe felt supremely competent and fast but uninvolving. The convertible is somehow much more fun even if it is a touch slower due to the extra weight. And the manual does seem much more suited to these 135's

sc77
07-02-2012, 08:29 PM
Shame about having to wait. I'm a member on sciroccocentral - great forum and knowledgeable guys. All the hero shots are RB, CW and Viper. I reckon we need a hero shot or two Indium and Reflex.

Just posted some shots of my RS on the pics thread.

Mac135
07-02-2012, 08:39 PM
Just seen them. Not quite 'hero' shots but very nice all the same. Interesting how the character of the car changes with different colours. Reflex not as aggressive looking as the Candy IMO more of a cool elegance perhaps.

sc77
07-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Just seen them. Not quite 'hero' shots but very nice all the same. Interesting how the character of the car changes with different colours. Reflex not as aggressive looking as the Candy IMO more of a cool elegance perhaps.

Yeah rs is more conservative. Had a tornado red gti previously so thought I'd tone it down a bit...

I struggled to decide between the rs and cw. When I ordered i didnt know the indium grey was on offer. That would have made it an even harder call

Mac135
08-02-2012, 05:31 PM
Been there with the Tornado Red GTI too. Then the black 135i, then things fade to grey with the R coming in July.

Choosing a colour was hard.

Quickly eliminated were black (not two black cars in a row) and green (I'm too old). Reflex was out only because we have a RS Tiguan 147. I think the white looks stunning but in the end I kind of dismissed it - not sure why everytime I see one on the formum I think why didn't I do that?

Rising Blue was my firm favourite for a long time. Then I saw the Indium in the flesh, so to speak and made a quick decision on the basis of that car. Still occasionally think about the blue or the white.

If nothing else my Indium it won't be common.

sc77
08-02-2012, 08:23 PM
Been there with the Tornado Red GTI too. Then the black 135i, then things fade to grey with the R coming in July.

Quickly eliminated were black (not two black cars in a row) and green (I'm too old). Reflex was out only because we have a RS Tiguan 147. I think the white looks stunning but in the end I kind of dismissed it - not sure why everytime I see one on the formum I think why didn't I do that?

Rising Blue was my firm favourite for a long time. Then I saw the Indium in the flesh, so to speak and made a quick decision on the basis of that car. Still occasionally think about the blue or the white.

Indium looks really nice in pics, you've made a good call.

My other car is black too and ruled it out for that reason and high propensity for getting scratched. Funny, I actually ordered the blue to start then changed to silver and then almost changed to white... I kept seeing articles and pics in white and was the same as you, why not white?? I really liked the golf r in silver so that did it. In the end I'd be happy with any colour but green (also a bit too old, too conservative)

Maybe white or indium for the next gen in 4 or 5 years time....

Mac135
08-02-2012, 10:11 PM
In the end I'd be happy with any colour but green (also a bit too old, too conservative)....

Snap.

You get to think about such things while waiting.

Bain
09-02-2012, 05:53 AM
RS and manual sc77..

I think thats 2 firsts for this forum.

GTIPirelli
09-02-2012, 07:03 AM

I picked up my Indium Grey R on Tuesday. I must say, the grey looks better in real life. Pictures don't do it justice. I'm very happy with the color.

Will post some pictures if I can work out how too.

Mac135
09-02-2012, 06:34 PM
I must say, the grey looks better in real life. Pictures don't do it justice. I'm very happy with the color.

Will post some pictures if I can work out how too.

+1 for the looks better in real life pics don't do it justice.

Yes please - for some good pics. This is the best I can find locally at the moment. [URL="http://www.themotorreport.com.au/53401/vw-scirocco-r-dsg-first-drive-review"] At least I think it is the Indium with some added blue from reflecting the sky?

Most of the UK Indium shots are of the GT version not the R.

DVSTwig
19-02-2012, 08:40 AM
Just put a deposit down on a Rising Blue DSG with nav, 54200 on road. It's at IntTransport now, so it's due maybe April/May. It wasn't easy... The first dealers offered no discount at all, and had to ring a few interstate before a local guy beat them all :)

Andych
19-02-2012, 08:49 AM
Just put a deposit down on a Rising Blue DSG with nav, 54200 on road. It's at IntTransport now, so it's due maybe April/May. It wasn't easy... The first dealers offered no discount at all, and had to ring a few interstate before a local guy beat them all :)

You did well... congrats.. now the wait begins :P. Try not to spend too much time in here... it makes the wait even longer..

Keep On Rocc'in
19-02-2012, 09:30 AM

Sounds like a good deal, particularly for a local dealer. I tried local but they would not budge and ended up getting my deal from Sydney and saving 3k. Mine is 54,100 on road in Viper Green with DSG and included gps tracker, tint, fabric and paint protection. I have everything crossed for delivery sometime this week, next week at the absolute latest.

DVSTwig
20-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Sounds like a good deal, particularly for a local dealer. I tried local but they would not budge...

Tell me about it. The first dealer wouldn't offer anything, not even $1! Called two places in Sydney who were more than happy to discount, and in the end the only other local guy down here beat the best Sydney price.

Keep On Rocc'in
20-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Looks like mine will be trucked down from Sydney on Thursday this week for rego at Dikson where I will meet them to do the swap - MY08 WRX for the rocco, my first ever dub.
So how come you have to wait until April/May? Everyone is telling me the next shipment won't be here until August/September.

Miguul
20-02-2012, 06:15 PM
Wonder how many roccos are actually on the road, I have yet to see another anywhere outside dealerships..

Mac135
20-02-2012, 08:36 PM
So how come you have to wait until April/May? Everyone is telling me the next shipment won't be here until August/September.

I hope that is not the case. My car is supposed to be on a ship that arrives here on June 30th at this stage expecting delivery around July 15. Still need to get a build date yet though.

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

So far the only cars I've seen have been dealer cars.

VW are reported to have brought in an initial batch of 400 between Dec 2011 and this month to ensure there were adequate stocks at launch.

DVSTwig
22-02-2012, 02:14 PM

The dealer was able to find one already built to my spec, in the Int Transport stage (so basically, ready to get one the boat). They just had to arrange with another Dealer to swap with another car they were having delivered.

It would have been at least August/September if that car wasn't available.

at85
22-02-2012, 05:53 PM
I took the one of the dealer's demonstrators I got mine for 53k excluding trade in flat in rising blue with DSG. Wasnt too bad as they gave me about 2k more on my tradein then anyone else would at with the other car's I was looking at.

Bain
22-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Nice.deal. i would buy a.demo to if they had them in.cw.

Android os and its . Lol

robbierednapped
23-02-2012, 04:55 PM
Nice.deal. i would buy a.demo to if they had them in.cw.

Android os and its . Lol

Hi Bain, Just a question, Do you have the part number for the H&R springs for the Rocco? How much did it lower the car by?
I had a look Eibach lowers abt 15 and 10mm front and rear, and HR is about 30-35mm.

quozl
24-02-2012, 03:47 PM
Hi Bain, Just a question, Do you have the part number for the H&R springs for the Rocco? How much did it lower the car by?
I had a look Eibach lowers abt 15 and 10mm front and rear, and HR is about 30-35mm.

I'd be looking at these, you can source them locally through Rennenhaus (http://www.rennenhaus.com.au/)

Volkswagen Racing » VWR Scirocco Sports Springs » Volkswagen Racing (http://www.volkswagenracing.co.uk/parts/vwr-sports-spring-kit-21/)

Andych
24-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Lets stay on topic... there are other threads for Modifications. :)

Bain
24-02-2012, 04:46 PM

See this post in another thread (http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/forums/f48/scirocco-r-mods-67304-4.html#post772044) for who I purchased them from. Ill send you a PM on the part number's.

In regards to lowering, im yet to book the car in to have it done but its reported to lower the car another 25mm as the Scirocco R is already 10mm lower than standard.

I'd be looking at these, you can source them locally through Rennenhaus (http://www.rennenhaus.com.au/)

Volkswagen Racing » VWR Scirocco Sports Springs » Volkswagen Racing (http://www.volkswagenracing.co.uk/parts/vwr-sports-spring-kit-21/)

You can get the H&R delivered to your door from the UK for less than $300. That site is quoting $450 for a set of springs!

Andy: Its kind of relevant as we are talking about deals! :banana: :)

robbierednapped
25-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Thanks Bain

See this post in another thread (http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/forums/f48/scirocco-r-mods-67304-4.html#post772044) for who I purchased them from. Ill send you a PM on the part number's.

In regards to lowering, im yet to book the car in to have it done but its reported to lower the car another 25mm as the Scirocco R is already 10mm lower than standard.

You can get the H&R delivered to your door from the UK for less than $300. That site is quoting $450 for a set of springs!

Andy: Its kind of relevant as we are talking about deals! :banana: :)

Blacksambo
26-02-2012, 09:29 AM
Hi. Looking at purchasing a new T5 all motion auto 6 speed DSG transporter with a **** load of extras. Quotes back around the $68k to $70k. Garry Crick Maroochydore.

Andych
26-02-2012, 09:41 AM
Hi. Looking at purchasing a new T5 all motion auto 6 speed DSG transporter with a **** load of extras. Quotes back around the $68k to $70k. Garry Crick Maroochydore.

Ummm I think you got the wrong thread... :facepalm:

ozr
28-02-2012, 08:37 AM
Viper Green
roof
DSG
stereo upgrade
sat nav
$56.5K
As they wanted one out there and I had pre approved finance
1st in Darwin NT

Andych
28-02-2012, 08:38 AM
That is a very good deal... by Stereo upgrade do you mean Dynaudio or aftermarket?

ozr
28-02-2012, 08:50 AM
Dynaudio
Yeah they had 2 in stock and wanted one out there
i was taking a flogging on my BMW Z4 on the trade so they had to drop the price to inflate the trade as to say.

Lovely vehicle I must say

I am really intersted in the ECU upgrade, probably only stage 1 as the extra 50-60 neddies is a real tempter

Mac135
28-02-2012, 09:10 PM
Very nice deal indeed a grand better than i managed for the same spec....except the green

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Nice to see someone else coming over from BMW.

ozr
29-02-2012, 09:24 AM
Yeah i wasnt totally sold on the colour but that was the deal at the time as is where is sorta thing...
Very nice deal indeed a grand better than i managed for the same spec....except the green

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Nice to see someone else coming over from BMW.

Mac135
29-02-2012, 07:15 PM
Some of the guys with the Viper say it looks especially good in the sun, so on that basis I reckon you are living in the right place to get the best out of that particular colour. I actually like it but I'm too old for it. I would have gotten into the Firespark red if it were available, red I can still do, green not so much.

ozr
29-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Some of the guys with the Viper say it looks especially good in the sun, so on that basis I reckon you are living in the right place to get the best out of that particular colour. I actually like it but I'm too old for it. I would have gotten into the Firespark red if it were available, red I can still do, green not so much.
Yeah I am hearing you...I am getting long in the tooth at 48 and thought the same.
But I really didnt want rising blue and ..well the only choice at that $$ was Viper Green

"Oh well I no complain"...as Con the Fruiterer said.

Andych
29-02-2012, 08:41 PM
Yeah I am hearing you...I am getting long in the tooth at 48 and thought the same.

Ha... just a young whippersnapper at 48.... lol
Just wait till you are pushing into 57... :)

Mine is my "mid-life crisis", I did the motorbike thing when I was young and bullet-proof (I still have the scars) so this was my next best option...

TENKAN
02-03-2012, 09:18 PM
But I really didnt want rising blue and ..well the only choice at that $$ was Viper Green

"Oh well I no complain"...as Con the Fruiterer said.

Viper Green was my wife's choice of colour, i was leaning to the Rising Blue. After our test drive we took a run down to Five Dock and had another test drive in a green manual, she liked the colour so we drove back to Penrith and ordered one. I have to be honest and say even when I walked into the showroom to pick it up (late afternoon in the rain) I still wasn't sure about the colour till I got up close and it struck me just how spectacular it looked and certainly don't regret the choice.

Mac135
02-03-2012, 10:45 PM
By the sounds of things a few of us are having mid life crises.

Keep On Rocc'in
02-03-2012, 11:16 PM
By the sounds of things a few of us are having mid life crises.

Not sure about the mid life crisis thing, I prefer to think of it as "you are only as young as you feel". I bought my previous WRX in WR Blue at almost 50. Now I have the Viper Green rocco at almost 54. It is the wife that thinks I look stupid and too old for the green (still to figure out if she means she would love it if it had a hot young guy in it). I also have to say most of my friends who have seen it so far don't like the green, but they have not yet seen it on a sunny day. Definitely a love/hate colour and I love it.

TENKAN
03-03-2012, 07:34 AM
When my brother-in-law first saw our car I could tell he wasn't sure until he'd let it sink in, his first comment "that's bloody beautiful" and that's what I've heard from everyone I know.

As for the mid life crisis thing, I'm sure all of us mid fifties on here would have over the years seen a hot looking eurocar and sure enough when you get up close it's being driven by an older bloke, now we're the older blokes and we're loving it.

Stos
03-03-2012, 10:50 AM
When my brother-in-law first saw our car I could tell he wasn't sure until he'd let it sink in, his first comment "that's bloody beautiful" and that's what I've heard from everyone I know.

As for the mid life crisis thing, I'm sure all of us mid fifties on here would have over the years seen a hot looking eurocar and sure enough when you get up close it's being driven by an older bloke, now we're the older blokes and we're loving it.

So am I the youngest bloke on here at 31? I'm sure I'll be the same when I get to my 50's. Boys will always have their toys! I think it's great.

SCIRKN
03-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Nah mate im almost 27. I'm getting a DSG Rising Blue Roc with Sunroof, Dynaudio and SatNav for $58,500 in Melb. Delivery expected in June. The wait is KILLING me! But went in to a VW today and they're saying there's at least a 9 month wait now on any new orders. LOVE the car though, best decision EVER! :)

Mac135
03-03-2012, 06:20 PM
My car is also due to land in June though i'm not expecting to see it until July. When did you order it (i ordered on jan 13th) and do you have a build date yet? All I have at this stage is the VW commision number.

SCIRKN
03-03-2012, 06:59 PM
My car was ordered by the car yard in early Jan. It's the only one they've ordered that has all the optional extras. They called me the other week to tell me it had just started production. I learnt it takes 50 hours for the robots to assemble the car. Then paint it. And since it's shipping from Portugal, not sure how long it will take. They said they have been receiving cars up to two months before their due dates. So fingers crossed!! SOOO EXCITED!!!

Mac135
03-03-2012, 07:24 PM
Yes getting all the options was the reason i needed to order. Like you my car was the first car my dealer had ordered with all the options.

In terms of our long it takes get here i figure it is about 12-14 weeks. The cars leave Portugal along with Eos and are shipped to Emben in Germany. Then overland to Bremerhaven where VW australia shipments are consolidated along with other VW cars from all the factories across Europe. Depending on when you car is made in relation to ships is key.

Once in Oz i think it takes about two weeks to clear customers, the dock and get to the dealer. My car is being delivered via Geelong. I'm told the car is due to land june 30 so i'm expecting to see it about a fortnught later. I'm not sure how many shipments arriveveach month.

So have you been given a firm build date?

SCIRKN
04-03-2012, 07:17 AM
Nah not yet. But I think that there should be a VIN number by now. I'm planning to call them next week and get the VIN number so I can try track it myself. Apparently there is a way to do that which is described in this string: http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/forums/f112/how-track-car-you-have-ordered-31644.html
The wait is killing me though, it feels like it is forever away!

Sameguy
04-03-2012, 07:27 AM
Candy White, DSG, Dynaudio .... 55k and a couple months early, happy days

Andych
04-03-2012, 07:35 AM
Nah not yet. But I think that there should be a VIN number by now. I'm planning to call them next week and get the VIN number so I can try track it myself. Apparently there is a way to do that which is described in this string: http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/forums/f112/how-track-car-you-have-ordered-31644.html
The wait is killing me though, it feels like it is forever away!

If you are able to get a VIN they will have the build date as the VIN is generated once it is committed to production with a date...
You cant actually trace the car via the VIN until it is on the ship coming to Australia.. Trust me... I went through all of it in November / December and January... lol.
Have your Dealer send you a screen shot of the Nadcon system showing the info on your order... then you have "real" information... not just what your Dealer is telling you...

You should get something like this back from your dealer...

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z346/andrewchoake/Scirocco%20R/RoccoNadcondetails.jpg

Mac135
04-03-2012, 07:50 AM
Just having difficulty just getting the dealer to call me back at this stage. Next weeks task.

Stos
04-03-2012, 11:56 AM
Ordered mine December and received confirmation last week that it has been built and is waiting to shipped. It is to arrive late april and will be ready for pick up mid may. Dealer also provided my with VIN and name of vessel.
$58K Candy White, DSG, Panoramic roof, Sat Nav, Dynaudio & Black Talladega's.

Andych
04-03-2012, 12:36 PM
Ordered mine December and received confirmation last week that it has been built and is waiting to shipped. It is to arrive late april and will be ready for pick up mid may. Dealer also provided my with VIN and name of vessel.
$58K Candy White, DSG, Panoramic roof, Sat Nav, Dynaudio & Black Talladega's.

How did you get the Black Talladega's? It isn't an option so I am guessing the Dealer is going to do a swap with a Golf R when it comes in... Personally I am not a big fan of Black wheels on the CW... it just seems to look like an empty space.. but... it is your car and your preference... so what I think doesn't matter a fig....:)

Stos
04-03-2012, 12:50 PM
How did you get the Black Talladega's? It isn't an option so I am guessing the Dealer is going to do a swap with a Golf R when it comes in... Personally I am not a big fan of Black wheels on the CW... it just seems to look like an empty space.. but... it is your car and your preference... so what I think doesn't matter a fig....:)

Spot on Andych, they've got an order for a Golf R same time. They are going to swap them for me as the order for the Golf was for silvers and had my heart set on black wheels at the time. Plus the fact that it is not an option and wasn't going to cost me the 4K that another dealership told me(get via vw accessories) got me over the line.

It's been a bit difficult finding decent photos of CW with black Talladega's online so have been in two minds about it. Thought I would just do it and see how it turns out as i really love the black talladega's on the white Golf R. Guess will just have to wait and see. Will make sure to post photo on new Rocco rides thread.

Mac135
04-03-2012, 06:42 PM
That's good to know - assuming there was about a months gap in your ordering and my ordering (13/1/12).

Aside from actually knowing when the car is being built I need to look at getting rid of the 135 so I need to know it is on the water before starting the selling process as I don't want to be without the car for weeks but I would prefer to selling it for a higher price privately than complete the agreed trade (I have an opt out on the trade).

I'm also keen to see if my car is built before week 15. Apparently any minor model year changes are often introduced around week 15. We start week 10 tomorrow so there is a chance my car might be a week 15 build, though more likely a week 13-14 build I'm guessing.

It keeps me amused while waiting...........

Andych
04-03-2012, 07:56 PM
I'm also keen to see if my car is built before week 15. Apparently any minor model year changes are often introduced around week 15. We start week 10 tomorrow so there is a chance my car might be a week 15 build, though more likely a week 13-14 build I'm guessing.

It keeps me amused while waiting...........

Mac135... if your car was going to be a week 13 or 14 build... they would have that confirmed on Nadcon by now.... and it would only be a week before you have the Vin.

Mac135
04-03-2012, 08:23 PM
Thanks Andych, only guessing week 13/14 based on time taken to deliver from Germany to Australia. That would mean a further 12- 13 weeks post build to local arrival. I reckon that sounds about right. Will chase dealer tomorrow re Nadcon. Thanks for the info.

ZIO
04-03-2012, 09:51 PM
From dubstitute melbourne : looks better in Silver (IMO) https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/426792_10150501032211615_609376614_9139180_2149057 9_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/407128_10150501031321615_609376614_9139176_5940121 61_n.jpg

Spot on Andych, they've got an order for a Golf R same time. They are going to swap them for me as the order for the Golf was for silvers and had my heart set on black wheels at the time. Plus the fact that it is not an option and wasn't going to cost me the 4K that another dealership told me(get via vw accessories) got me over the line.

It's been a bit difficult finding decent photos of CW with black Talladega's online so have been in two minds about it. Thought I would just do it and see how it turns out as i really love the black talladega's on the white Golf R. Guess will just have to wait and see. Will make sure to post photo on new Rocco rides thread.

SCIRKN
05-03-2012, 06:11 AM
Does anybody know how often shipments are arriving in Australia? I'm guessing it's every 2 months as I've read a lot of posts predicting delivery in April then June then September. Can anyone confirm? Also, has anyone received their car ahead of schedule?

Andych
05-03-2012, 07:57 AM
Does anybody know how often shipments are arriving in Australia? I'm guessing it's every 2 months as I've read a lot of posts predicting delivery in April then June then September. Can anyone confirm? Also, has anyone received their car ahead of schedule?

This should help...
http://sagaweb.2wglobal.com/AppSchedules/tradeRouteSearch.do?routeId=OCEUI&actionType=generatePDF

SCIRKN
05-03-2012, 11:02 AM
Awesome! Thanks Andy :D Now I just need to find out which ship its on ;)

Bain
05-03-2012, 11:44 AM
looks better in Silver (IMO) [/IMG]

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/

Silver looks more elegant. Black looks more aggressive.

Id take the black ones over the silver! :)

Stos
05-03-2012, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the photo's ZIO. Will look much better with the panoramic roof and the black wheels as I am not to much of a fan of the Rocco without the panoramic roof. Gives me a bit of an idea, but can't wait to get it and see it in the flesh with black wheels.

FASTCRAIG
05-03-2012, 09:36 PM
Viper Green
roof
DSG
stereo upgrade
sat nav
$56.5K
As they wanted one out there and I had pre approved finance
1st in Darwin NT

And a special thanks to anyone???????

Andych
05-03-2012, 10:16 PM

Probably his Mum....

Bain
06-03-2012, 06:50 AM

Probably the person who is ponying up the money/repayments..

she_dub
06-03-2012, 09:29 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the offset for the Rocco different to the Golf R? 41 for the Rocco compared to 51 for the Golf?

Andych
06-03-2012, 09:48 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the offset for the Rocco different to the Golf R? 41 for the Rocco compared to 51 for the Golf?
I am not sure on the Golf R offset... but you are correct with the Roc at 41... Hmmm might need 10mm spacers all round.. I can't see the Dealer doing that as they are not considered legal here.

she_dub
06-03-2012, 09:56 AM
I am not sure on the Golf R offset... but you are correct with the Roc at 41... Hmmm might need 10mm spacers all round.. I can't see the Dealer doing that as they are not considered legal here.

I looked into it a couple of weeks ago as I wanted black tallies too, was going to do a swap with a Golf R owner, Golf R is definitely 51. Hence why I'm having mine powder coated.

Andych
06-03-2012, 10:14 AM
I looked into it a couple of weeks ago as I wanted black tallies too, was going to do a swap with a Golf R owner, Golf R is definitely 51. Hence why I'm having mine powder coated.
Are you going Gloss Black or a Gloss Anthracite?

she_dub
06-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Are you going Gloss Black or a Gloss Anthracite?

Thinking Gloss Anthracite. Just waiting for some spare wheels to come in that fit the Rocco whilst mine get done.

Andych
06-03-2012, 10:46 AM
Thinking Gloss Anthracite. Just waiting for some spare wheels to come in that fit the Rocco whilst mine get done.

Have a look at the RS6 wheels on this Black Roc Scirocco Central • View topic - My black Scirocco: R-front & R-exhaust fitted (http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7377)

They are classed as Gunmetal... I think that sort of colour would be spot on for Rising Blue...
I also really like the Black Chrome effect but not sure how you would get it done.

Stos
06-03-2012, 11:12 AM

Hi she_dub, hmmm looks like the salesman has no idea. He did mention the possibilty of sending them away to get powder coated and sprayed if he had difficulties swapping the rims. I guess he just told me anything to get the sale over the line as I told him i wanted original ones(either way I was going to put an order in). So by the sounds of it, im guessing im getting sprayed ones if they dont fit.
I wouldnt have had a clue about the different offset, thanks for the tip. Will make sure to contact the salesman to make sure he doesnt put the Golf R ones on.

she_dub
06-03-2012, 01:05 PM
Have a look at the RS6 wheels on this Black Roc Scirocco Central • View topic - My black Scirocco: R-front & R-exhaust fitted (http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7377)

They are classed as Gunmetal... I think that sort of colour would be spot on for Rising Blue...
I also really like the Black Chrome effect but not sure how you would get it done.

Oooh that's a nice finish and would look stunning on the RB. Now I just need to find out how to get it done on the tallies.

Hi she_dub, hmmm looks like the salesman has no idea. He did mention the possibilty of sending them away to get powder coated and sprayed if he had difficulties swapping the rims. I guess he just told me anything to get the sale over the line as I told him i wanted original ones(either way I was going to put an order in). So by the sounds of it, im guessing im getting sprayed ones if they dont fit.
I wouldnt have had a clue about the different offset, thanks for the tip. Will make sure to contact the salesman to make sure he doesnt put the Golf R ones on.

No problem Stos! Just didn't want you to get your hopes up. If they mentioned that they will get it powder coated for you, then they must realise that the swap wasn't going to be that straight forward.
Other than that, I hope it all works out :)

Andych
07-03-2012, 06:39 AM
Oooh that's a nice finish and would look stunning on the RB. Now I just need to find out how to get it done on the tallies.

I shouldn't have shown you those wheels... now I am wondering how they would look on a CW... lol.

she_dub
07-03-2012, 08:11 AM
I shouldn't have shown you those wheels... now I am wondering how they would look on a CW... lol.

Hahaha! You know they'd look amazing on CW! Do it! :D

Edit: I'm trying to find them, but no luck so far :(

Andych
07-03-2012, 09:22 AM
Hahaha! You know they'd look amazing on CW! Do it! :D

Edit: I'm trying to find them, but no luck so far :(

The way Sydney's roads are lately I am starting to think about a set of RS6 Repro's and keep the Tallies safe...

You could definitely get them painted in Gunmetal... not sure about Powder Coating though...

Although I did find this Dulux Powdercoat colour selector... :)

she_dub
07-03-2012, 10:21 AM
The way Sydney's roads are lately I am starting to think about a set of RS6 Repro's and keep the Tallies safe...

I was offered Tallie rep's in black for my car, but I turned them down. I don't have space to store the original Tallies, especially not when I move back to Sydney.

You could definitely get them painted in Gunmetal... not sure about Powder Coating though...

Although I did find this Dulux Powdercoat colour selector... :)

This? http://www.dulux.com.au/media/604799/bap1011_297x210_4c_6pp_single_fa.pdf

Maybe Charcol Met Pearl as it's Gloss finish with Pearl? :confused:

Andych
07-03-2012, 02:47 PM
I was offered Tallie rep's in black for my car, but I turned them down. I don't have space to store the original Tallies, especially not when I move back to Sydney.

This? http://www.dulux.com.au/media/604799/bap1011_297x210_4c_6pp_single_fa.pdf

Maybe Charcol Met Pearl as it's Gloss finish with Pearl? :confused:

I find that to be just a touch too dark... why not get them painted...easy enough to choose the colour you want and easy to have them repaired if needed......

ozr
08-03-2012, 09:02 AM
yes
for those shopping for VW in Darwin NT ...Barramundi will look afta you.

she_dub
08-03-2012, 09:08 AM
I find that to be just a touch too dark... why not get them painted...easy enough to choose the colour you want and easy to have them repaired if needed......

Well, yesterday whilst washing my car, I noticed I have a chip in the rear left wheel from a pot hole I wasn't able to avoid :facepalm:

Andych
08-03-2012, 10:57 AM
Well, yesterday whilst washing my car, I noticed I have a chip in the rear left wheel from a pot hole I wasn't able to avoid :facepalm:
Ouch... mine actually had a mark when I picked it up... the dealership arranged for it to be fixed so all is good now.. but I cringe every time there is a pothole that can't be avoided... and then I watch for the Tire Pressure alarm... lol

djchuckles
10-03-2012, 09:42 PM
Decided on ordering Candy White with just Dynaudio as options and went to Chatswood today planning to order

They started by showing me the standard price list which was something like $57300 for my spec.

Anyway - went for test drive came back and said lets talk price. She taps it in computer and dealer delivery went up from 3495 to 4563 - so I queried this and she said oh yeah it's gone up! But she can reduce it. Adjusts it down to 3495 but some other stuff had gone up so she said price would be 57800

I said I am ready to buy if she will give me a good deal. She wouldn't budge. Even though my girlfriend is meant to get 10% there through her work they even refused that saying it was on every car but the Scirocco!

Anyway - after a while it was clear she wasn't gonna move and obviously didn't want the sale!

So for my spec - where should I go to get a good price?

Andych
10-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Decided on ordering Candy White with just Dynaudio as options and went to Chatswood today planning to order

They started by showing me the standard price list which was something like $57300 for my spec.

Anyway - went for test drive came back and said lets talk price. She taps it in computer and dealer delivery went up from 3495 to 4563 - so I queried this and she said oh yeah it's gone up! But she can reduce it. Adjusts it down to 3495 but some other stuff had gone up so she said price would be 57800

I said I am ready to buy if she will give me a good deal. She wouldn't budge. Even though my girlfriend is meant to get 10% there through her work they even refused that saying it was on every car but the Scirocco!

Anyway - after a while it was clear she wasn't gonna move and obviously didn't want the sale!

That is robbery for Dealer Delivery... geez, mine was $2450 and I was not in a bargaining position...
Mine was a touch under $60 with DSG, Pano Sunroof and SatNav from Nepean Motor Group.. PM me if you want the contact details of the Salesman out there.

preeman
10-03-2012, 09:50 PM
Try Jayce Norman - jayce.norman@ccmg.com.au - (02)43200944 - Central Coast Volkswagen

That is where I got my car and it was 2K cheaper than any price I was quoted in Sydney at that time. Incase he asks, he would know me as "MJ" I bought the first Scirocco from them, mine was standard in RB.

Stos
10-03-2012, 10:08 PM

I ordered mine from Chatswood Classic Cars CW all options and getting my talledega's sprayed black for 58k. Seems like I got a great deal!

ConR
10-03-2012, 10:19 PM
$60k here for sat nav and panoramic roof with DSG. From McCarrolls in Waitara. Ask for Mike. Good guy.

quozl
10-03-2012, 10:23 PM
We decided to lease one for my wife as her new daily as her Polo is nearing 7 years old. We started the exercise last week after a weekend down the coast at my mates who owns Diamond Executive leasing. One of his guys found a 2012 CW for her just arrived at Brisbane docks at the end of Feb with DSG and we pick it up this Thursday, all up it was a tad over 54k, though we pay a lot less with the lease and it includes all rego each year, all fuel, all servicing and tyres each year.

2 year lease and will only be used to work and back so if anyone wants it in March 2014 for the payout let me know :-)

Cheers Q

djchuckles
10-03-2012, 10:34 PM
I ordered mine from Chatswood Classic Cars CW all options and getting my talledega's sprayed black for 58k. Seems like I got a great deal!

Who did you deal with?

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

We decided to lease one for my wife as her new daily as her Polo is nearing 7 years old. We started the exercise last week after a weekend down the coast at my mates who owns Diamond Executive leasing. One of his guys found a 2012 CW for her just arrived at Brisbane docks at the end of Feb with DSG and we pick it up this Thursday, all up it was a tad over 54k, though we pay a lot less with the lease and it includes all rego each year, all fuel, all servicing and tyres each year.

2 year lease and will only be used to work and back so if anyone wants it in March 2014 for the payout let me know :-)

Cheers Q

Mind pm'ing me his details?

quozl
10-03-2012, 10:37 PM
He only deals with large companies for their corporate fleets, just did us a favour as he is a mate. If you have a company and want to get a scirocco as part of fleet for the staff / directors by all means I'll pass on his details.

Cheers Q

Mac135
10-03-2012, 11:42 PM
That is robbery for Dealer Delivery... geez, mine was $2450 and I was not in a bargaining position...
Mine was a touch under $60 with DSG, Pano Sunroof and SatNav from Nepean Motor Group.. PM me if you want the contact details of the Salesman out there.

The dealer fee sounds like robbery. My car was 57.5k with DSG, Pana, sat nav and dynaudio. I just checked the contract and the dealer fee was just $1500. Obviously I am having to wait for the car so there wil be no other costs for the dealer like shipping interstate or via a dealer swap. $3500 dealer fee was what i was quoted by other dealers when i shopped.

Stos
11-03-2012, 01:34 PM
Who did you deal with?

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

Mind pm'ing me his details?

I dealt with Jadd. Great guy to deal with, reason why i purchased from there. The guys at bill buckle in brookvale werent too bad, but denlo in parramatta were absolute arrogant a**holes! Chatswood Classic were great!

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

Just checked, $2722 for my dealer delivery.

ConR
11-03-2012, 02:15 PM
Looking at mine, also high @$2995. Now I'm hoping they help me out with the powder coating on the rims! Sent them an email. They first said they could do it no problems. Price was "around $1000", as per normal stealership talk.

I wrote them saying "hey, have looked into powder coating...can get it for $400...keen to keep going through you guys for stuff, but that's considerably lower than your quote...if you think you can meet it, lemme know". Nothing to lose really, so worth a shot. If they can't meet it, I'll bring it to my friends place, put it up on his jacks for a few days, and take the rims to North Shore Powder in Artarmon.

djchuckles
12-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Now they a playing ball! They've come back with an offer of $52,500 which seems pretty good for DSG plus Dynaudio

Stos
12-03-2012, 11:33 AM
Now they a playing ball! They've come back with an offer of $52,500 which seems pretty good for DSG plus Dynaudio

Nice! Chatswood Classic? Who you dealing with?

djchuckles
12-03-2012, 12:37 PM
Girl called Jasmine and her manager Henry

djchuckles
13-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Thanks for your help guys - have now managed to get an offer of $51500 from a different dealer - delivery in Sept but I'm happy waiting :)

Stos
13-03-2012, 07:21 PM
Thanks for your help guys - have now managed to get an offer of $51500 from a different dealer - delivery in Sept but I'm happy waiting :)

Congrats mate! Sounds like a great deal! Now for the wait! I'm 4 months down, 2 to go!!! I need a fast forward button! >>

she_dub
13-03-2012, 07:46 PM
Congratulations! The wait is worth it, now you can start researching everything about it, in preparation :D

djchuckles
13-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Congrats mate! Sounds like a great deal! Now for the wait! I'm 4 months down, 2 to go!!! I need a fast forward button! >>

Thanks - reckon i'll go with the black wheels too - apparently Chatswood use some local guy called Basha - guess he's the one doing yours - he did the ones on their demo green one

Stos
13-03-2012, 09:01 PM
Thanks - reckon i'll go with the black wheels too - apparently Chatswood use some local guy called Basha - guess he's the one doing yours - he did the ones on their demo green one

Ohhh have they sprayed the wheels on the green demo they have? Black? Must pop past when I get a chance to see how it looks with the black talledegas

djchuckles
13-03-2012, 09:04 PM
Ohhh have they sprayed the wheels on the green demo they have? Black? Must pop past when I get a chance to see how it looks with the black talledegas

Yeah - well the showroom one they have. And yeah Black

Looks great - but I don't think I could live with the green

Stos
13-03-2012, 09:10 PM
Yeah - well the showroom one they have. And yeah Black

Looks great - but I don't think I could live with the green

Agree, couldn't live with it. CW was the only one I was going to go for after falling in love with it in 2009 whilst on holidays in Europe.

djchuckles
13-03-2012, 10:41 PM
Before I moved to Oz I had an S5 in white and I loved it - couldn't believe how expensive the same car over here is!

Mac135
14-03-2012, 03:52 PM
So then we can say to you...'welcome to treasure island'.

As you have probably gathered Australia is not a cheap place to live and the combination of govt charges (like luxury vehicle taxes) and a three tier distribution system manufacturer - distributor - retailer consumer channel model make it all the more expensive.

ConR
14-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Yeah I agree. We should be able to buy direct from the manufacturer :)

she_dub
14-03-2012, 09:03 PM
Best $10 I ever spent, for my desk at work :banana:

Hot Wheels Scirocco GT 24 (http://hotwheels.wikia.com/wiki/Scirocco_GT_24)

Mac135
14-03-2012, 10:41 PM
So which version now sits on your desk? Blue i'm guessing.

she_dub
15-03-2012, 04:09 AM
So which version now sits on your desk? Blue i'm guessing.

Actually, I didn't want it to be lonely, so I got the blue and the yellow one :biggrin:

Mac135
15-03-2012, 07:28 AM
So just the front row and not a whole grids worth..........

jwlc
09-04-2012, 12:02 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I am deeply in love with a Scirocco and I'm not sure how I'm going to wait out 6 months for one to arrive.

1) Looking to get a Black, DSG, Sunroof. Does anyone know what a good price is for this spec? A dealership in Sydney would entertain me when I mentioned that I'm looking to pay $54,000 for that. How much lower can this go?

2) Anyone knows where I can get a Black Scirocco, DSG, Sunroof, (and as an optional: Dynaudio) that is available for sale right now?

Cheers!!

quozl
09-04-2012, 01:32 AM
Kedron VW (http://www.nmg.com.au/vw/home/) in Brisbane has a black on the lot now, not sure of the spec.

Cheers Al

Hi Guys,

I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I am deeply in love with a Scirocco and I'm not sure how I'm going to wait out 6 months for one to arrive.

1) Looking to get a Black, DSG, Sunroof. Does anyone know what a good price is for this spec? A dealership in Sydney would entertain me when I mentioned that I'm looking to pay $54,000 for that. How much lower can this go?

2) Anyone knows where I can get a Black Scirocco, DSG, Sunroof, (and as an optional: Dynaudio) that is available for sale right now?

Cheers!!

kazmeyers
09-04-2012, 01:37 AM
I ordered a rising blue DSG and roof and NAV for $56,400 about 2 months ago. Expect to arrive mid-April and have it in the last week of this month. Hope you can snag your hands on one sooner than later! :)

DVSTwig
14-04-2012, 09:31 AM
Father in Law just ordered a Viper Green, DSG w/ Nav for $54000 ($200 cheaper than mine!) from the same dealer as me.

Wait time.... 3 Days! Walked in and bought the demo off the showroom floor!

Sucks to be the other Canberra dealer who wouldn't budge on price, and has now lost two sales within weeks, and the possible upgrade of my wife's car in 2013.

Phrix
14-04-2012, 10:48 PM
Sucks to be the other Canberra dealer who wouldn't budge on price, and has now lost two sales within weeks, and the possible upgrade of my wife's car in 2013.

This is very interesting. When we looked around we only looked at Phillip and we know them there and for us price wasn't and an issue and to this day the car will arrive and we have not finalised a price as it will be worked out later on.

My take on this and probably the same for the dealer but if you have a car that is in demand and has a wait on the order then why discount the price of the car. A dealer will knock back one deal and next customer in will probably pay full price. I know this is a risk but that is probably what they are counting on.

DVSTwig
20-04-2012, 07:11 AM
Interesting, I never said which dealer was rubbish...

Anyway... I suppose good on Lennock if they can manage to convince someone to pay RRP for any car. I think it's probably just a case of lazy buyers (although I have to say, the service at Gerald Slaven was 100% better).

You might say you don't car about price, but the two dealers are less than 10 minutes apart (and Canberra isn't exactly big), so it seems pretty silly to not drive 10mins and save +$4k.

Hopefully more people will start reading forums like this, and realise that thy should never be paying RRP for a car!

Bain
20-04-2012, 09:08 AM
Hopefully more people will start reading forums like this, and realise that thy should never be paying RRP for a car!

meh - Id happily pay full price for a car if its the one I want. Id also pay full price to get the car before anyone else. Oh wait.. I did.. lol

ConR
20-04-2012, 09:15 AM
^

+1. I have no issues paying for what I want. I wasn't going to wait 6+ months to save a few grand. I would have gone insane from the wait. I've ran out of hair to pull (a loooonnnnggg time ago) so I'd probably have to resort to something else. Crack sounds like an option.

Phrix
20-04-2012, 11:37 AM
Interesting, I never said which dealer was rubbish...

Anyway... I suppose good on Lennock if they can manage to convince someone to pay RRP for any car. I think it's probably just a case of lazy buyers (although I have to say, the service at Gerald Slaven was 100% better).

You might say you don't car about price, but the two dealers are less than 10 minutes apart (and Canberra isn't exactly big), so it seems pretty silly to not drive 10mins and save +$4k.

I didn't say i don't care it was more that it wasn't an issue at the time and wouldn't be something that would have driven me away from a sale. To this day we haven't worked out the final price but we know that the final figure that is agreed upon wont be full price.

My point about price though was if i knocked it back cause they wanted full price and 6month wait there would have been someone else that would walk in and pay full price and wait. There are always people that will pay full price.

I guess it is like looking at electrical outlets. the are a large number of people that walk into these stores to buy TV's Fridges and such and will pay the full price and wont ask for a discount or best price.

preeman
20-04-2012, 06:40 PM
meh - Id happily pay full price for a car if its the one I want. Id also pay full price to get the car before anyone else. Oh wait.. I did.. lol

when did you get your car? Was it last year :wink:

Mac135
20-04-2012, 07:25 PM
^ I would have gone insane from the wait. I've ran out of hair to pull (a loooonnnnggg time ago) so I'd probably have to resort to something else. Crack sounds like an option.

So that's not you in the avatar?!?!

Bain
20-04-2012, 08:23 PM
when did you get your car? Was it last year :wink:
Well Melbourne.. Lol