PDA

View Full Version : New T5

Tornado T5
02-07-2007, 10:28 PM
Hi all,

Only joined recently and I haven't taken delivery yet, still some options from Veh-quip to go however here are some (bad) shot while waiting for new rear springs organised by the dealer...first time I saw it after ordering in March... a very long 16 weeks.

DubSteve
03-07-2007, 09:09 AM
Welcome, very nice looking T5 you got there mate. Where abouts you from, how much did you pick up that beauty for?

Enjoy your stay and congrats on the purchase!

phaeton
03-07-2007, 10:29 AM
Welcome to VWwA Tornado T5 j:

Your T5 looks great look forward to your future postings ;)

rayray086
03-07-2007, 11:15 AM
Welcome Tornado T5!

Tornado T5
04-07-2007, 12:22 AM
Welcome, very nice looking T5 you got there mate. Where abouts you from, how much did you pick up that beauty for?

Enjoy your stay and congrats on the purchase!
Thanks for all your welcomes,
I should have my new "toy" by this Friday. I live in bayside Melbourne and bought the van through Burwin with the order signed on 8/3/07 so it's been a very long wait. I currently have a '97 T4 (lpg/petrol) with 292,000km and it's become a little too expensive to maintain and I'm driving it harder on some of our farm delivery runs around the fringes of Melbourne (approx 350km in a day) while I need rear seating to use the van as a back-up car on weekends. I sometimes carry over 1 tonne inside and tow a load upto 600kg. Lately things like the electric water pump went, gearleaver sleave clamp(?), hydraulic line for the clutch, engine/gearbox mount etc and have never done the CV's so they can't be far...This time round I will be trading near the three year mark...it works out cheaper.

I went a little overboard with the options which include all the normal features of a LWB 2.5 tdi plus auto 'box, esp, front side & curtain airbags, wing doors, factory painted bumpers, reverse parking sensors, full glass with one sliding panel, dark tint, trip comp, alloy wheels, fog lamps & wooden floor. Veh-quip are currently installing full velour lining, 2 VQ rear buckets seat with quick release action, dual position cargo barrier and a front protection bar. After trade-in and some dealing it's $58K drive away. This includes the $6K of options by Veh-quip.

I remembered reading somewhere about a enquiry for a rear hitch/tow bar for reverse sensor equipped vans/multivans and thought I'd also add that I was told nothing was available that would allow the sensors to work with a combined hitch, protection bar and welded step due to the rear protection bar blocking the sensors...even got no response from Hayman reece after emailing them and the dealer said that I also couldn't do it unless it was a custom job...well this Monday I saw the van for the first time (boy was that a great experience) and a h/duty HR hitch, bar and step were installed with a loom allowing de-activation of the sensors when a trailer wiring socket is attached...cost me a packet ~$1400 from the dealer (i think the loom doubles the cost) so I'm confused as how it came about when everyone said it wasn't available with an off-the shelf item... I'll post better quality photo's once "my baby" or the "fire truck" as my4y.o. calls it.

Cheers to all.

phaeton
04-07-2007, 08:00 AM
WOW :o @ options list j:

TDI Power :D

golf-kart
04-07-2007, 09:58 AM
Welcome - Your T5 is the business. :cool:

99gti
04-07-2007, 11:18 AM
That thing has more bling than 50 cent and his homies at the mall on a thursday late night shopping!!!

Welcome! Look forward to seeing more pics soon.

Tornado T5
04-07-2007, 09:21 PM
WOW :o @ options list j:

TDI Power :D
Yes I know I'm very lucky, and I couldn't justify a third vehicle, ie, wife's car, my car and a work van so I blinged the van into a second family car and work van...and i've forgotten how one drove at roadtest time it was so long ago...promise more photo's over the weekend if I get it on Saturday.