PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Yetis and Fabias at Richmond Skoda

woofy
24-11-2011, 08:47 AM
Had my car serviced earlier in the week and the place was rife with them, lots already sold and just getting sorted for delivery. On a not so good note, they are really hiking up their servicing cost, $420 for the 3 yr 45k service, i was told last year the next one was low $300, so looks like Zagames are adding a nice profit to everything. I had an A1 as the courtesy car, great car, but the mirrors and blind spots are dangerous on it.

RSwag
26-11-2011, 10:09 AM
The LOTS already sold sounds promising but the doubting thomas in me thinks this would ot apply to the Fabia for reasons we are already well adverse in.

aware
27-11-2011, 09:54 PM
Alto Skoda had plenty of Yetis and Fabias as well (i.e. a minimum of 4 each). Plenty of Superbs and Octavias still. Didn't stop in though.

There seems to be plenty of Yetis and Fabias. Except the only ones I see are on forecourts :facepalm: I see there is now a dealer in Parramatta, except it appears to be above Trivett Servicing with no real advertising apart for a sandwich board sign out the front saying Trivett Skoda upstairs. I haven't been inside though.

woofy
27-11-2011, 10:54 PM
By lots I saw at least 8 yetis in the back section being sorted for customer delivery and about 12 fabias sitting there as well. There were more on the floor but these all seemed to be presold.

So yes I would say a fair whack of fabias had been sold, I know they have had some preorders for the RS fabias for months so these are most likely bought sight unseen.

RSwag
28-11-2011, 04:26 AM
I pottered past Richmond yesterday and had a look at the holding yard next to the Zagame Ferrari/Massarati dealership about 100 meters up the road. They have a holding yard there for Skoda and Audi and it appears there are even more Yeti's there and either sold or for stock. I'm tipping they are stock as they are still in plastics. Didn't see any Fabia but it's pretty chockers in that yard, it's not very big so it was hard to tell.

I did see the washed brown colour i've seen in a lot of Euro adverts and in the flesh it looks very nice. I prefer white but i would actually consider that colour.

woofy
28-11-2011, 11:25 AM
I know the yard you are meaning and didn't go down there, last time I looked there were about 50 Octys there in Sept. These all had plastic but all were getting lined up to be delivered, some had the I'm sold notice, others didn't but they were all getting the delivery checks and plates put on, so they must have just got a shipment to fufil a few orders. Moreso the Yetis, the Fabias were getting done too, I don't think they would have been sitting where they were unless they were getting delivered either, otherwise they would still be down in the yard. They were all getting processed one by one.

Actually just thinking its not that yard I was thinking of, there is another behind what used to be the Hummer/Saab dealer where they park a lot of them as well.

K1W1
28-11-2011, 01:27 PM
Actually just thinking its not that yard I was thinking of, there is another behind what used to be the Hummer/Saab dealer where they park a lot of them as well.

That's where I first saw my vRS a couple of years ago and where I parked my trade in the last time I drove it.

woofy
01-12-2011, 11:00 PM
Our trade in went straight into the used car lot in the back of the still being assembled Skoda rooms and sold a week later. I'm really hanging out for another Skoda dealer, hoping Penfolds put one at Burwood somewhere. Even with their arrogance at times, zagames really is peeving me. I checked and my 45k service was quoted at $360 last nov and a few months back and yet was $420 last week. Vito the service guy seems to be gone as well. The sales guys just quote me rrp, so I bought a Santa fe instead of the superb, and two of them are trainees hoping to move into Audi and even said Skoda there is the training ground for the zagame group.....