PDA

View Full Version : Caravelle in late 2007 replaces Kombi ?

wandaria
01-07-2007, 09:53 PM
Hi folks, with my 5 kids have been looking for a van and VW is my first choice however I wanted 8 seats, spoke to the dealer a couple of days ago and he said that a new caravelle is coming out later in the year, look around the Car show time and it will have 8 seats etc. Supposedly will be replacing the kombi as such. Was not sure whether there will be a whole name change or whether the multivan will be staying with the "cheaper" kombi being replaced by 8 seat caravelle.

Thaks goodness they have finally realised what a hammering their taking only haveing a 7 seat multivan. I have known a few people who really wanted one but wanted 8 seats so did not buy the VW.

Also seems to be a common story when you get to know the dealers a bit better.

phaeton
01-07-2007, 10:26 PM
Welcome to VWwA wandaria j:

Interesting news, thanks for posting ;)

My bet is it will look like the current Multivan ie having colour coded bumpers, but will not have the unique rail system in the Multivan instead having fixed seating positions.

In Germany there are a couple of levels of T5 MPVs

-T5 Kombi Transporter with Seat package comes in SWB & LWB with normal roof height, meidum roof height and high roof height.

-T5 Shuttle comes with side opening windows & SWB or LWB wheelbases.

-T5 Caravelle bridges gap between CV MPV to Passenger MPV.

-T5 Multivan top of the line in VWCVs T5 MPV lineup comes with more luxuries than the rest ;)

Seano
04-07-2007, 11:12 AM
Old mate dealer is probably talking about the MY08 updates which means new trim and paint options plus (most importantly) new engines. The T5 range will get new common rail versions of the 2.5TDI (a'la Crafter).....so it's a perfect time to revise the model range.

Perhaps something like:
Low spec 8 seater Kombi with basic safety items and Transporter trim and a big options list;
High spec 8 seater Caravelle with all the fruit and a much smaller options list; and
perhaps with a even higher limousine spec order only Multivan as well.

That way VW get simple logical transition through the MPV range from Caddy Life right up to super spec Multivan.

Now all we need is the Sportline range for the Transporters.....:)

phaeton
13-10-2007, 10:37 PM
Caravelle Debuted at AIMS, release due next year.

Combo at AIMS had LWB 2.5 TDI with 128kW 9 seat so 2 2 2 3.

I'll post pics when I get near a pc thats more modern than my 7 year old system lol j:

wandaria
26-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Mate did they metnion when next year per chnce, If it is in the new year I will hang out for it, otheri]wise it may be too far away and I will be left with the option of the multivan

phaeton
27-10-2007, 08:03 AM
Mid Year I believe ;)

I'd chat to a dealer if I was you, you may be able to get one of the first ones.

Seano
29-10-2007, 09:24 AM
Ben
I've heard/read rumours of a new 2.8L common rail Tdi for the T5 update...you heard anything?

phaeton
29-10-2007, 06:53 PM
Ben
I've heard/read rumours of a new 2.8L common rail Tdi for the T5 update...you heard anything?

No :o

PM sent ;)