PDA

View Full Version : driveaway prices?

space-godzilla
09-11-2011, 01:52 PM
I was wondering if anyone could share their driveaway prices on a Yeti.

I realise that it's still quite early but are there any discounts to be had?

Carsales lists a few "demo" diesels with DSG in the $44-46 range, which doesn't seem that cheap considering that I get quoted a driveaway price of $45,473 on the Skoda website.

But at those prices, you could probably almost get a demo BMW X1 with associated snob factor and resale value.

Under $40, I might be interested. At $45, not so much.

BlackOctaviaRS
09-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Drive away price on Skoda's website is $41,900 in Vic for a 4 x 4 103TDI w/ DSG - I would expect that a dealer could be pushed to under $40k, maybe around $39k.

space-godzilla
10-11-2011, 05:50 PM
The skodayeti.com.au is now advertising $39,980 for the TDI manual (driveaway).

But I still get these driveaway prices from the skoda.com.au website for NSW:
Yeti 4x4 103TDI (6sp manual) $43,104
Yeti 4x4 103TDI (6sp DSG) $45,473

So a $3,000 is apparently now available without even asking?

Jake02
10-11-2011, 06:00 PM
The skodayeti.com.au is now advertising $39,980 for the TDI manual (driveaway).

But I still get these driveaway prices from the skoda.com.au website for NSW:
Yeti 4x4 103TDI (6sp manual) $43,104
Yeti 4x4 103TDI (6sp DSG) $45,473

So a $3,000 is apparently now available without even asking?

But I get (for NSW too):

Yeti 4x4 103TDI (6sp manual) $40,221.00
Yeti 4x4 103TDI (6sp DSG) $42,590.00*

???

space-godzilla
10-11-2011, 07:11 PM
But I get (for NSW too):

Yeti 4x4 103TDI (6sp manual) $40,221.00
Yeti 4x4 103TDI (6sp DSG) $42,590.00*

???

Ah, I can't figure it out.

I get those lower numbers if I use 2000 as the postcode. But I live in NSW but just across the border from the ACT and get $43,104 and $45,473 (respectively) with my postcode.

Maybe the CTP is $3,000 more expensive for me because I live near all the crazy Canberra drivers?

Corey_R
10-11-2011, 07:28 PM
The ACT uses different criteria for stamp duty. Look at the gov websites etc.

wfdTamar
13-11-2011, 12:00 PM
The 4x4 is $39,598.30 and $42,151.30 manual/DSG in Tasmania.

RSwag
14-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Whhats going on with this thread?

I thought the request was for best price drive away deals. All anyone has responded with is standard website RRP driveway.

Has anyone who has replace tithes thread even purchased a Yeti??

Buller_Scott
14-11-2011, 08:01 PM
i think the discussion is with regards to realistic expectations of what you could actually get the yeti for, driveaway?

it's good for me, because im helping my old man shop for a new car (he lives in indonesia), and this thread provides indications of what he could expect to pay.

at the prices that are being posted, though, it's looking more and more like he'd be better off spending a couple grand extra and getting a tiguan (bigger etc).

Jake02
14-11-2011, 09:03 PM
it's good for me, because im helping my old man shop for a new car (he lives in indonesia), and this thread provides indications of what he could expect to pay.

at the prices that are being posted, though, it's looking more and more like he'd be better off spending a couple grand extra and getting a tiguan (bigger etc).

Skodas are actually sold in Indonesia? And no, the Tiguan is not bigger, it's only bigger on the outside.

Buller_Scott
14-11-2011, 10:02 PM
Skodas are actually sold in Indonesia? And no, the Tiguan is not bigger, it's only bigger on the outside.

no, he works in indonesia but he's looking for a new car for when he's in australia.

im going to have to look at both of them up close because my recollection from the motor show was that the tiguan was slightly bigger.

Corey_R
15-11-2011, 07:41 AM
Whhats going on with this thread?

I thought the request was for best price drive away deals. All anyone has responded with is standard website RRP driveway.

Has anyone who has replace tithes thread even purchased a Yeti??

As has been demonstrated in all the Golf threads on the different models, know someone else's drive away price is not realistically too much of an advantage with all the variations on drive away price from state to state

Two people could get the exact same car and get exactly 10% discount, but one person pay $1000 per than the other. The reason is that the "on road costs", including the various levels of tax, vary from state to state, and even from person to person.

If you guys are actually serious about getting useful information, someone should download the pricing calculator spreadsheet from say the Golf R thread, modify it with the RRP prices of the base model Yet's and its options, then update all the information on each states average dealer delivery for the yeti, plus all the tax rates, compulsary insurance rates, registration rates etc which are applicable to the yeti, and then post it here for others to download. (All the links to get much of that information are already in the spreadsheet).

That way people can come along and say I purchased x,y,z in this city in this state and got n% discount based on the calculator.

Jake02
15-11-2011, 09:08 PM
no, he works in indonesia but he's looking for a new car for when he's in australia.

im going to have to look at both of them up close because my recollection from the motor show was that the tiguan was slightly bigger.

Ohhhh that makes sense.

And yes, the exterior of the Tiguan is bigger. The seats-up bootspace of the Tiguan is slightly bigger but with the seats down the Yeti is way bigger.

RSwag
16-11-2011, 10:59 AM
As has been demonstrated in all the Golf threads on the different models, know someone else's drive away price is not realistically too much of an advantage with all the variations on drive away price from state to state

Two people could get the exact same car and get exactly 10% discount, but one person pay $1000 per than the other. The reason is that the "on road costs", including the various levels of tax, vary from state to state, and even from person to person.

If you guys are actually serious about getting useful information, someone should download the pricing calculator spreadsheet from say the Golf R thread, modify it with the RRP prices of the base model Yet's and its options, then update all the information on each states average dealer delivery for the yeti, plus all the tax rates, compulsary insurance rates, registration rates etc which are applicable to the yeti, and then post it here for others to download. (All the links to get much of that information are already in the spreadsheet).

That way people can come along and say I purchased x,y,z in this city in this state and got n% discount based on the calculator.

Spot on Corey,

Otherwise the whole thing just seems pointless. I am not buying a Yeti so I wouldn't bother with this but for anyone looking to buy a Skoda and want some pricing guidance from those who gave purchased I think this is a brilliant idea and good advice they should follow!!

Thanks for the feedback.

Davetherave
18-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Hi all, I'm a new member who has just ordered my new Yeti - v.excited. Unfortunately it will not arrive until April 2012 - which gives me plenty of time to sell my 2008 Golf GTI.

I've ordered my Yeti with panoramic roof and contrasting roof color black roof/white car with DSG 77TSI.

Had a test drive the other day and felt like I was driving my Golf - loved it! Lots more space, funky design and that amazing roof.

Jake02
19-11-2011, 03:18 PM
Had a test drive the other day and felt like I was driving my Golf - loved it! Lots more space, funky design and that amazing roof.

Fantastic Davetherave and welcome to the forum! I'm interested in hearing your thoughts regarding the 77TSI's power etc. How does it feel compared to the GTI?

Davetherave
19-11-2011, 05:24 PM
Hi, I do like the GTI but to be honest I barely get out of first gear in Sydney traffic every day. The yeti felt pretty responsive even with the smaller engine and the DSG is pretty good fun. I really need a car with more space and the raised driving position is pretty useful. I looked at a number of other svu's but they didn't have the overall refinement of the yeti - not at my end of the budget.

Buller_Scott
20-11-2011, 12:51 PM
hi davetherave - you speak of "your end of the budget", which is very interesting as it's very likely that this would be the sort of $$$ i'd be convincing my parents to buy a new car at (i'm on and off trying to talk my mum out of a bmw x1 - i just dont see why $tensofthousands need to be wasted on a badge).

mind if i ask what your other shortlisted suv's were?

and with the 1.2tsi do you feel as though safety is jeopardised in terms of shuffling with traffic/ overtaking etc? the engine is awesome in the polo but the yeti is a bit heavier... how do you find it?

cheers

Davetherave
20-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Hi, just the normal suspects, didn't consider the Koreans just the Subaru Forester and VW Tiguan, it definitely has a more polarising effect than the Tiguan which is very conservative and I thought the Subaru was just plain dull.

Regarding safety, a little bodyroll in corners but apart from that just a really fun drive with a punchy little engine!

I think Skoda have really got the formulea right for the yeti, good mix of design, performance and value......

Buller_Scott
20-11-2011, 08:25 PM
cool man, we'll definitely be test driving a 1.2tsi yeti sometime in the coming week.

Ocy_RS_TDi_Kombi
22-11-2011, 12:49 PM
If you go to carsales.com.au, go to new cars and select a car, then you can get the "standard" driveway prices per state and can also add options to see what the driveway prices should be. So a Skoda Yeti 103TDi DSG in White in VIC is:

Price Guide Total $37,990
Luxury Car Tax $0
On Road Costs $1,655
Dealer Delivery Price $1,995
Extras $0
Drive Away Price $41,640

Handy to know when you go buy a car and start negoitating.

Can also get to this page by doing a used car enquiry on carsales and select the build your own option at the bottom of the page

Cheers

pologti18t
22-11-2011, 04:05 PM
If you go to carsales.com.au, go to new cars and select a car, then you can get the "standard" driveway prices per state and can also add options to see what the driveway prices should be. So a Skoda Yeti 103TDi DSG in White in VIC is:

Price Guide Total $37,990
Luxury Car Tax $0
On Road Costs $1,655
Dealer Delivery Price $1,995
Extras $0
Drive Away Price $41,640

Handy to know when you go buy a car and start negoitating.

Can also get to this page by doing a used car enquiry on carsales and select the build your own option at the bottom of the page

Cheers

Or you could go to the Skoda site under pricing.

Ocy_RS_TDi_Kombi
24-11-2011, 05:52 AM
Or you could go to the Skoda site under pricing.

Yeap true but the Skoda website only gives driveway pricing on non optioned Yeti's with non metallic/pearl paint. Where as the carsales site can give you driveway prices including options and paint - as well as prices on all cars not just Skoda's

shoutj74
01-12-2011, 11:18 PM
I have brought a Yeti TDi and the drive away prices offered seem to be smoke and mirror situations, as they often are in Australia, a means to getting you in the showroom. I was told that most Yeti TDi are having the Columbus Sat Nav and Parking Sensors fitted as standard. Mine also had the privacy glass and metallic paint. It was $41K drive away which I was pleased with. If you tried to specify a Tiguan to the same, you'd probably add $6K+. A few weeks in I can say that I am very, very pleased with the car. Of particular note is the ride - quiet, subtle, composed and more than capable off road. Also getting good fuel consumption, best trip at 5.5L/100km

K1W1
02-12-2011, 06:05 AM
I have brought a Yeti TDi and the drive away prices offered seem to be smoke and mirror situations, as they often are in Australia,

Not really. The manufacturers by law have to advertise drive away prices and also have to advertise vehicles that actually exist so anybody can go into any showroom and buy the vehicle advertised at the price advertised. The problem is that the Australian public has a propensity to drive hundreds of Kms to save $50 so manufacturers use the absolute base model when the advertise the drive away price. If you want to buy that vehicle they must be able to supply it, of course will will have to wait because it will be a factory order because nobody else will want what is called in the trade the "poverty pack".
If the Australian public could ever get past their idea that price is the only determination of value the situation may change until then it's just the way things are,

Jake02
02-12-2011, 04:36 PM
I have brought a Yeti TDi and the drive away prices offered seem to be smoke and mirror situations, as they often are in Australia, a means to getting you in the showroom. I was told that most Yeti TDi are having the Columbus Sat Nav and Parking Sensors fitted as standard. Mine also had the privacy glass and metallic paint. It was $41K drive away which I was pleased with. If you tried to specify a Tiguan to the same, you'd probably add $6K+. A few weeks in I can say that I am very, very pleased with the car. Of particular note is the ride - quiet, subtle, composed and more than capable off road. Also getting good fuel consumption, best trip at 5.5L/100km

Fantastic news to hear, congrats on your purchase. But, photos please! :) .

bluey
22-03-2012, 06:33 PM
On carsales now new Yetis:
Yeti TDI manual black $35,985 driveaway QLD
Yeti TDI manual white $36,330 driveaway NSW

Qld RRP for Yeti TDI manual is still $40k+. Maybe exchange rate movement will see a slight drop in future. Competition from new Subaru XV and Mazda CX5 should see prices stay up as Skoda adjusts its ordering volume.

Our new Yeti came with Columbus "satnav". I think there are deals to be had right now, especially on "in-stock" models. I was comparing getting a Golf GTD with Yeti and pricewise, the Yeti is in a different ballpark and I think superb value in current market.