PDA

View Full Version : Generally positive Yeti review - carsguide.com.au

K1W1
04-11-2011, 02:08 PM
"Skoda Australia boss Matthew Wiesner says the Yeti will overtake the Octavia models to become the brand's volume seller here. "

Link here (http://www.carsguide.com.au/news-and-reviews/car-reviews-road-tests/skoda_yeti_review3)

Jake02
04-11-2011, 03:26 PM
There hasn't been a negative Australian review for the Yeti, with many claiming that it's the best Skoda available. I'm just waiting for the car of the year gong :P

K1W1
04-11-2011, 03:44 PM
I wouldn't be holding my breath on that one.

Jake02
04-11-2011, 03:53 PM
I wouldn't be holding my breath on that one.

The :P indicates that it was a joke, so obviously I'm not.

BlackOctaviaRS
04-11-2011, 07:26 PM
"Dislikes - could be cheaper"

+1

$41k onroad for the 103TDI DSG is too much. Considering it's competition, e.g. Kia Sportage, it should be more like $37-38K on road.

K1W1
04-11-2011, 08:23 PM
With Skoda Dealers propensity to drop their knickers for anybody with a wallet regardless of its capacity they soon will be.

RSwag
05-11-2011, 11:32 AM
"Skoda Australia boss Matthew Wiesner says the Yeti will overtake the Octavia models to become the brand's volume seller here. "

Link here (http://www.carsguide.com.au/news-and-reviews/car-reviews-road-tests/skoda_yeti_review3)

Thanks Wiesner, "NO S@&T SHERLOCK" !! Maybe the massive advertising campaign your dedicating solely to Yeti and a history of almost no Octavia advertising has something to do with it, it doesn't take a genius to understand why. I still believe that mist people will find the Octavia a more common sense option and will probably be converted on the showroom floor. At $35k I would be buying a 118tsi wagon before I would ever get a 1.2tsi Yeti.

Who knows Yeti might have a flow on effect with Ocravia rather than overtake it??

Makk
05-11-2011, 02:35 PM
I still believe that mist people will find the Octavia a more common sense option and will probably be converted on the showroom floor. At $35k I would be buying a 118tsi wagon before I would ever get a 1.2tsi Yeti.

Who knows Yeti might have a flow on effect with Ocravia rather than overtake it??
I have to say, I agree...

I went to a local Skoda dealer today to check out the Yeti and Fabia (I have a 1.8TSI Octavia Wagon, very happy with it).
While the Yeti is obviously a fantastic car, coming from an Octavia it didn't seem to offer the same value for money - performance and boot space-wise. Certainly not if you don't need the ride height or 4x4 capabilities that the Yeti has.
Having said that, if I didn't need the space I would consider one.

On your last point (the flow on effect), while I was at the dealer there was a couple looking at buying an Octavia...but who knows which car they came in to look at? ;-)

Scanners
06-11-2011, 12:31 PM
Here is some video footage of the Yeti during the carguides test drive.

http://video.theaustralian.com.au/2164252235/Skodas-Yeti-heads-to-Boggy-Hole