PDA

View Full Version : Monte Carlo, been there done that.

grumpy
02-11-2011, 09:39 PM
:facepalm:
SWMBO said get a Monte, I said OK.
300km and 1 week later she said "I'm over that car, I want another auto".
The rest is history, if you want a red Monte with 400km on the clock, one lady driver, go to the Wollongong dealer quickly and get a great deal at my expense.:(
Looks like I'll be found in the VW Golf forums now.
The reality is I wasn't overly enthusiastic in getting the Monte but by the time it went I loved it.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/

dArK5HaD0w
03-11-2011, 09:02 PM
selling already?!?!?!? oh dear.......

grumpy
04-11-2011, 08:42 PM
selling already?!?!?!? oh dear.......

Traded / gone last Wednesday afternoon. She's happy for now with the replacement, MY11 VW 103TDI auto Golf.
Thinking about also getting rid of my Monaro CV8Z (5.7ltr, auto, fully loaded, only 84,000km), any interest?

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq258/KCW-1950/P4150007.jpg

zjm
24-11-2011, 09:04 AM
Hi I drove this car the other day and liked it but didnt like the price they came up with I may as well order a new one in yellow .I was hoping you could tell me what you got for it so I could make a more educated offer , If the price was right I'd put up with red

woofy
24-11-2011, 09:48 AM
Wheres the emoticon for the whip?

brad
24-11-2011, 11:49 AM
what exactly didn't she like that appeared in a week but wasn't apparent in the test-drive?

pologti18t
24-11-2011, 12:47 PM
what exactly didn't she like that appeared in a week but wasn't apparent in the test-drive?

"I'm over that car, I want another auto".

brad
24-11-2011, 12:55 PM
"I'm over that car, I want another auto".
I would have thought the manual gearbox was pretty obvious.

kaanage
24-11-2011, 01:00 PM
but the full implications of every usage of it (especially in traffic) might not.

grumpy
24-11-2011, 09:04 PM
Hi I drove this car the other day and liked it but didnt like the price they came up with I may as well order a new one in yellow .I was hoping you could tell me what you got for it so I could make a more educated offer , If the price was right I'd put up with red

I don't actually know how to answer. We traded a Mitsubishi Outlander drove the Monti for 400km then took a VW away, the numbers can be presented in all kinds of different ways. My comment is the car was originally presented to us for $24,500 drive away, how much the next owner pays is to do with how many others are for sale and how many buyers are looking at it. What are they trying to get for it?

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

She's driven manual since she was a kid but eight years ago got an auto Outlander and was going to purchase another auto car. The Monti only came in manual and she loved it at first but got sick of the manual box in traffic which is 95% of her driving time. I wasn't overly happy about the quick change but I do understand and as they say "happy wife, happy life". She's now driving a new VW Golf 103TDI auto and hasn't complained so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

but the full implications of every usage of it (especially in traffic) might not.

The case exactly.

zjm
26-11-2011, 05:47 AM
yep believe it or not a grand more than you paid !!!! they can get F.....d trivetts and North shore are both being played against each other but Yellow does seem to be a problem I just went in there because theyre close to home . I should have known better 2 years ago I went in there after a Polo and got messed around and walked out and on the way home I stopped in at Frasers and bought A new Harley Oops ! i'm easily distracted

grumpy
26-11-2011, 09:09 AM
yep believe it or not a grand more than you paid !!!! they can get F.....d trivetts and North shore are both being played against each other but Yellow does seem to be a problem I just went in there because theyre close to home . I should have known better 2 years ago I went in there after a Polo and got messed around and walked out and on the way home I stopped in at Frasers and bought A new Harley Oops ! i'm easily distracted

I'm gobsmacked by that. They are or were advertised at $25,490 drive away, we got a reasonable trade on our Outlander and took the Monte with rear parking sensors for $24,500 all up. We paid the advertised (run out MY11) price for the replacement Golf. They either don't want to sell (keep as a demo) or have plenty to play with when you come to negotiate. At the end of the day it's a game, you figure out the max you're prepared to pay they know their bottom line, get together or walk away with no hard feelings.
When I bought my CV8Z Monaro I said to the dealer, "Give me your bottom line, I'll shake your hand or walk away but never talk to me about that car again if I walk. Once you tell me a price that's it deal or no deal." It worked for me.