PDA

View Full Version : hello...this is my ride! the MK3

vee_dub
24-02-2006, 11:58 PM
hey...i was bored the other day..washed polished and waxed my car inside out...then drove down to Sydney CBD "SURRY HILLS"..parked have a coffee with mate..

took some pic on side of the road...

http://www.geocities.com/def_racing_co/Golfy_at_surryhill.JPG

I am planning to get a set of VR6 wheelarch n paint in silver to match the body...or leave it as black? need Opinion PLEASE :D

and also does it looks too dry?? anything i can improve except engine mod

Thank You
:roll: Fred

golfvr6
25-02-2006, 08:52 AM
nice neat example! what is it a 2L or 1.8?
mods... except motor - depends what you like

i can suggest a big deck spoiler, coffee can exhaust, lots of tuner stickers if you like :lol: or something more subtle like your front euro lip spoiler!

when getting your vr6 arches be aware:
- it is 'orange peel' type plastic (thats what i call it - like your lip spoiler) - the textured kind that will need sanding and filling? has anyone done this and what have you used?
- the arches are integral with the small bits of side trimming that are currently in front of the front door, and behind your rear door] and these are taller and different profile compared to your post 96 painted side trimmings (i'm talking about a 10-15mm height difference) - so it may not look so clean when you match it up. i have seen a colour coded arch on a golf and it looks 'fat' - beefs up the stance - looks nice

although i went the other way - took off the arches and replaced with non-arch trim

vee_dub
03-03-2006, 12:28 AM
It's a 2L....
nothing much have done to it...H&R Cup Kit, CDA...the Magnaflow muffler is comming from Hong Kong. And i am buying the wheel arch mid of this months off Tim.

yerr i gonna Primer it, can paint the arch......but worry i wil stuff it up but gonna practice on my stand front lip.

after i done the arch thinking botu the rear plastic spoilder n side skirt to corncer code hehe :S dunno yet more to come!