PDA

View Full Version : 1.9 or 2.0 TDi

MrGriffin
27-06-2007, 10:24 AM
Hi,

I have been a fan of the VW diesel since late 2005. Im now finally considering to purchase my first diesel golf. Of the 2 diesel options in the golf range, which one is the best?

I know the 2.0 is faster and more powerful, but what other issues shoudl i way into the equation? ie service cost, reliability, specific engine traits and problems etc etc.

Any helpful hints would be great.:D

Dave

Seano
27-06-2007, 11:06 AM
Personally I'd go for the 2.0 if it's within your budget mainly because of the popularity of the engine.........

However, service costs might be one to ask the dealer. This is something I'd always do now. Ask the service dude not the sales dude!!!

But, at the risk of upsetting the diesel applecart, I'd recommend that you don't write off the new TSI engine in the Golf GT. Similar price, great fuel consumption, diesel like behaviour with the ever popular petrol fuel.....well worth a look.

MrGriffin
27-06-2007, 11:42 AM
But, at the risk of upsetting the diesel applecart, I'd recommend that you don't write off the new TSI engine in the Golf GT. Similar price, great fuel consumption, diesel like behaviour with the ever popular petrol fuel.....well worth a look.

Ive been reading about this beauty for a while, what a machine. But i will be looking at the 2nd hand market so for the time being will be out of my reach.

*dreams* mmmmmmmm 2.0TSI Golf.

VWEAPN
27-06-2007, 12:22 PM
i took the GT for a drive & my cousin just bought the sportline diesel dunno if its a 1.9 or 2 but the GT is one animal of a car for a 1.4L. Very impressed. Apparently theres a GT Diesel with the same power (125kW) just dunno if or when it is coming to Aust.

phaeton
27-06-2007, 06:26 PM
I'd drive both and if budget stretches test the GT TSI ;)

Note: 420 TSI's have been brought here as a test.
For the MY08 TSI and GT TDI with 125kW will be sold under the GT Sport grade ;)

GoLfMan
27-06-2007, 07:05 PM
I'd drive both and if budget stretches test the GT TSI ;)

Note: 420 TSI's have been brought here as a test.
For the MY08 TSI and GT TDI with 125kW will be sold under the GT Sport grade ;)

does that meen we get the 125kw diesel version?

vinderliker
27-06-2007, 08:04 PM
I agree with Phaeton, look at the 125kw first. If you want to compare the 125 with the others, go to you local Audi dealer and ask for a drive in an A3 Sportback diesel with the 125kw motor.

phaeton
28-06-2007, 10:06 AM
does that meen we get the 125kw diesel version?

Yep for MY08 so end of this year or beginning of next ;)