PDA

View Full Version : MkII Lowerage

delta|triangle
26-06-2007, 04:05 PM
Hello - welcome to my very first post here,

I am in the process of re-lowering a special GTI that I had brought over from Sydeny last year and I need some opinions.. I want to get it very low but keep some ride comfort and will be either getting new springs or an expensive adjustable coilover package for a MkII GTI .

Problem is the springs will only drop 40mm on the koni shocks that are in there, is that correct? And with coil overs I need to think about rear stabilizers / supports or something? I read that somewhere..

Mr dubstarMk2 may be able to tell me what type of koni shocks they are and what is possible.

Eibach Pro-Kit Performance Springs are what I am looking at so far and still completely unsure about coilovers, also are these K-Mac springs alright?

Sorry for the rather lengthy first post but any help will be appreciated

dtriangle

syncro
26-06-2007, 04:19 PM
Forget about Aussie made springs.

Get Eibach or coil overs.

alex g
26-06-2007, 06:15 PM
hey aaron
the springs that i gave you will and do drop the car around 70 to 80mm, , if you are unhappy or worried about running the loose springs(which by the way when you crank coilovers down the springs become loose) you will have to go for coilies. you will not be able to run it super low on set height shocks unless you go full custom which would be more pricey than a set of fk( for instance) coilovers

the dream continues

now where are the pics

Water Boy
26-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Welcom mate... Great bunch of friendly dubbers here...

A special GTI hey... I think we need to see some pics...

Just to give you an idea of price for coil overs (if you dont already have them) Koni Coil overs and King springs from Topper Performance in Vermont Victorai around $1700 then Nuespeed sway bars both ends around $450 from America...

Hope that helps...

James :)

delta|triangle
27-06-2007, 02:04 AM
thanks guys,

Waterboy you mentioned the swaybars - I guess that they are necessary, and cheers for the welcome : )

and dubstar, what kind of koni shocks are they exactly?

I still don't know what todo. 40mm isn't gonna cut it..
Say I did go with coilovers what sort of work is needed to get them in?
It's all about the money really is;nt it.

yes pics will come soon enough - I'm just alittle emabarassed about the height

GoLfMan
27-06-2007, 07:11 AM
hey welcome mate :)
nice to know that that beaut ride of Al's went to a good home

delta|triangle
27-06-2007, 01:48 PM
Well I bit the bullet today a have decided to go with Eibach performance springs for now... I will eventually get the coilovers. It is going to be tough seeing that it was extremely (80mm) lower before, but 40mm is a good compromise

...well that's what I'm telling myself.

thanks for the comments guys :)

alex g
27-06-2007, 07:25 PM
i think you will be dissapointed as 40mm springs as i have learnt really do not much at all

but its a start

the shock are koni adjustables, the rears have adjustable perches but only 2 setting(with them on the low setting you get an extra 20mm)

delta|triangle
27-06-2007, 10:35 PM
yeah alex, i figured that would be your responce ; )

eventually..